[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
walbertramon wrote:
Hello, Sovyn. I'm using your build since 4 years ago and I have to say that I'm having a lot of fun with it. Congratulations for such great work.

Yesterday I started to play Lightning Strike and I have some questions:

- Which support gems are the best to get the highest DPS possible with LS?

- There is some equipments/gems that you would change in my character to improve my gameplay? Link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/walbertramon/characters

- Which build do you suggest for me?

- I am having problems with mana. Varuastra would be a good choice for LS?

Thanks in advance.

Your characters are set to private. Go to privacy settings and uncheck the "Hide Character Tab"
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
walbertramon wrote:
Hello, Sovyn. I'm using your build since 4 years ago and I have to say that I'm having a lot of fun with it. Congratulations for such great work.

- There is some equipments/gems that you would change in my character to improve my gameplay? Link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/walbertramon/characters

Thanks in advance.

The gems I chose for LS are shown in the uber example at the bottom of the guide.

There is also a list under lightning strike section in the attack skill gems section.

With LS you can focus on projectile damage which is sort of what I did, thus no melee physical damage and stuff like that.

If mana issues get romira's and the one mana leech node suggested in the defensive skill tree level 85 progression build. If you are too low level still, don't be shy to use a mana flask. It's likely that you are reserving too much mana also, take off heralds etc, not a big deal.
"
SirSpiffyy wrote:
Have you looked at smite and new Static strike? Would you recommend either?

Haven't tried yet. Will be interesting. Everyone please try these and report back here, comparing to the other skills.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Haven't tried yet. Will be interesting. Everyone please try these and report back here, comparing to the other skills.

I'm playing a Summoner Guardian (currently level 60) with the new skills and minion nodes so just an opinion here.

I think Smite and Consecrated Path fit in very well as attack skills. Smite feels similar to the old Static Strike. I'm supporting with Faster Attacks and Ancestral Call and it's very comfortable. Consecrated Path feels similar to EQ without the delay. Supported with just Faster Attacks, it kills pretty fast right now. If this holds up, 20/20 skills will be pretty awesome.

Also of note is Summon Holy Relic. How can you turn down free damage and life regen for one slot?

"
Cinthe wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

I'm playing a Summoner Guardian (currently level 60) with the new skills and minion nodes so just an opinion here.

I think Smite and Consecrated Path fit in very well as attack skills. Smite feels similar to the old Static Strike. I'm supporting with Faster Attacks and Ancestral Call and it's very comfortable. Consecrated Path feels similar to EQ without the delay. Supported with just Faster Attacks, it kills pretty fast right now. If this holds up, 20/20 skills will be pretty awesome.

Also of note is Summon Holy Relic. How can you turn down free damage and life regen for one slot?

Smite feels like an upgraded static strike, it's what i'm using right now.
Tested new static strike

Feels good clearing with these gems

Haven't tried bosses but it won't have the range that lightning strike does for that.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
walbertramon wrote:

Thanks in advance.

The gems I chose for LS are shown in the uber example at the bottom of the guide.

There is also a list under lightning strike section in the attack skill gems section.

With LS you can focus on projectile damage which is sort of what I did, thus no melee physical damage and stuff like that.

If mana issues get romira's and the one mana leech node suggested in the defensive skill tree level 85 progression build. If you are too low level still, don't be shy to use a mana flask. It's likely that you are reserving too much mana also, take off heralds etc, not a big deal.

I'm playing Lightning Strike with the Uber build. I tried switching out the Ancestral Call for a Maim (so LS+Maim+ElementalDamageWithAttack+Multistrike+ElementalFocus+Physical2Lightning) and the Maim seems better than Ancestral Call. Have you tried that out or am I missing something? Thanks
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Would you run the same links for Consecrated path? And which would you say will preform better in overall gameplay, Conpath or Static Strike?
"
Turtledove wrote:
I'm playing Lightning Strike with the Uber build. I tried switching out the Ancestral Call for a Maim (so LS+Maim+ElementalDamageWithAttack+Multistrike+ElementalFocus+Physical2Lightning) and the Maim seems better than Ancestral Call. Have you tried that out or am I missing something? Thanks

Ancestral Call is primarily a quality of life improvement for LS, so that mobs outside of line of sight can get hit. Improved clear speed. Also, good for bosses as the clone will zap them also. Doesn't buff your tooltip DPS, but in theory, very strong.

Make your own choice though.
"
SirSpiffyy wrote:
Would you run the same links for Consecrated path? And which would you say will preform better in overall gameplay, Conpath or Static Strike?

With consecrated path you have to be close and personal for sure. Haven't heard that it's much good yet, but haven't tried it yet myself. It seems similar to earthquake based on looking at the gem info, I would try Less Duration support. (Chain wouldn't work FYI)

Static seems very strong if you keep moving.

Also, don't discount the survivability that ranged skills like LS and BF give you.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 4, 2018, 2:16:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info