[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Keyblader wrote:
Which one should i be prioritizing to buy, Rainbowstrides or Lioneyes? I'm thinking lioneyes as im using the anvil atm and have no spell block.

Not sure what shield you are using now but Lioneye's is always good to have. Since it's much cheaper might as well get the shield first.
"
Stefacle wrote:
Hopefully, once I reach Act 4 Cruel I can fare a bit better against those bosses. At least this time I will know what to expect, so should be fun!

Glad you are having fun!

I have been dabbling very casually with the act 4 stuff in Merciless -- I know I'm really too high level for it but everything is easy so far. I got as far as killing the four bosses for the organs, no problem at all. Piety before that (Piety Version 1 I assume) had that red beam that rotates, I just made sure to move in a circle behind her avoiding the beam and attacking when I could and then it went fine, easy as well, after I figured out that simple trick. I'll have to add that tip to the guide. I watched no spoilers either so it was new to me. They only added that in the last 5 days of beta so I didn't bother re-leveling to try it there.
Been following this and its been great but your trees just drastically changed today, kinda screwed me over.
Veridian jewels can roll %1 block with shields, right? A blue one dropped and I tried to roll for that with alts, but I went through a LOT of alts and didn't get it. It's really fucking stupid, actually. How is it fun to save up a bunch of currency over the course of months, and then burn half of it without even achieving anything? I'm starting to think this game is just a manipulative time-sink designed to make your efforts unproductive so that you stick with it longer.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Jul 16, 2015, 9:18:13 PM
I was wondering, do you find that you don't miss CWDT Immortal Call? Also, do you think you could post your attribute stats (ie: str, dex, int)? Not really that important but just curious.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Veridian jewels can roll %1 block with shields, right? A blue one dropped and I tried to roll for that with alts, but I went through a LOT of alts and didn't get it. It's really fucking stupid, actually. How is it fun to save up a bunch of currency over the course of months, and then burn half of it without even achieving anything? I'm starting to think this game is just a manipulative time-sink designed to make your efforts unproductive so that you stick with it longer.

There's a lot of mods to roll so it's pretty much better to just buy them. Also, I'm pretty sure it's easier/better to use cobalts and crimsons to roll for chance to block with shields. At least that is what it feels like to me.
Last edited by dezahp on Jul 16, 2015, 9:21:09 PM
"
rusher21 wrote:
1 Page earlier someoen was asking for 1% block jewel crafts: I looked my crafts up again and they are Viridian ones.

That might explain the failed crafting. I tried a viridian too and only got duel wield block about 10 times in a row before I gave up on it. However I see plenty of block viridian jewels on poe.trade so it's possible. I had no trouble with a cobalt jewel though.
"
dezahp wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:

There's a lot of mods to roll so it's pretty much better to just buy them. Also, I'm pretty sure it's easier/better to use cobalts and crimsons to roll for chance to block with shields.

Pretty sure based on what? GGG sure won't release information to help people not waste currency. And honestly, if it's almost always better to buy something with the rolls you need than roll for it yourself, then their system is broken. Not mention POE.trade is simply an auction house that you have to go to an external site to use and go through a less convenient process than an in-game one. People criticized Blizzard for their auction house, but GGG's system is no different - and at least Blizzard provides goals that don't revolve around hoping half your currency doesn't just go down the drain if you don't get the rng. I just spend more money on stash tabs, but I'm thinking maybe I should just cut my losses now and get out of this manipulative BS. The new jewel system is a disgusting manipulation of the player base.

Last edited by Kamina100 on Jul 16, 2015, 9:28:04 PM
"
zenixmoo wrote:
Anyone got some stats they did atziri on?

I have my first full clear video posted on the first page. You can see the total time there. My stats in the video were close to the character sheet stats posted on the first page as well. The main difference was just that I was using a claw at that time with a little bit lower overall DPS (for this build) than a Doryani's.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Pretty sure based on what? GGG sure won't release information to help people not waste currency. And honestly, if it's almost always better to buy something with the rolls you need than roll for it yourself, then their system is broken. Not mention POE.trade is simply an auction house that you have to go to an external site to use and go through a less convenient process than an in-game one. People criticized Blizzard for their auction house, but GGG's system is no different - and at least Blizzard provides goals that don't revolve around hoping half your currency doesn't just go down the drain if you don't get the rng. I just spend more money on stash tabs, but I'm thinking maybe I should just cut my losses now and get out of this manipulative BS.

I'm not going to argue with how trading works but I am saying it from my own results and from a couple of other people. I've found and they found that crimson/cobalt, cobalt more specifically, are easier to roll chance to block with shields.
Last edited by dezahp on Jul 16, 2015, 9:27:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info