"
Kamina100 wrote:
"
Schaff3r wrote:
Thank god i found 2 good jewels early on ! :D

Wow, Sol Crusher is fantastic!

The other one has no block! :P

Quite a lot of damage though!
Is it worth rerolling the rare quest jewel with Chaos to try to get something good, or should I just take it easy?
"
rusher21 wrote:
-50% effect? uhm that's a hard nerf... Anything making up for that?
How am I doing maxblock now.. Anything lower 70% should be quite unreliable?
Crimson/Viridian I didn't know they are different. (?) p.s. I just checked "his" new tree.. Oh well now jumping to scion completely.. It's basically a Scion build now. Too bad I made my own build ignoring the scion.

You could also adress the new Warcries. Rallying Cry for instance makes sustaining mana pretty easy, all you need is 2 points to reach a 40% regeneration node (calculated it also).

If you don't want to respec it'll work fine with 71% block. You could always use anvil or a good corruption on lazhwar plus the master crafted block on gloves. I just to try to make it as easy and cheap as I can.

Most guys I know wouldn't especially want to play a girl character. So a couple lost points, oh well. If there are any ladies (or guys that don't mind) reading this, please do use the scion if you like. :) I can't say if it will be supported by me in upcoming patches though.

Lots of things we could do with more buttons to push but I'm not looking for more active skills with this build. "Lazy". As it is I'm not too thrilled about using fortify on a movement skill. Two buttons is one too many IMO.
I've have a lot of fun with this build thanks.

I have one issue, I run 6L Ice Crush and Static Strike depending on fight. But I have to run a mana leech gem to keep up with the mana cost. I even have a nice .39% mana leech jewel...

Do I have to drop assassin's mark/vulnerability/enfeeble and so on and switch to warlord's mark? The guide says if I follow the guide carefully I should have enough mana leech to sustain attacks... I dont see how this is possible with the mana leech nerf and both Ice Crush and Static does very little amount of physical damage.

Anyone pro in this build please halp. Thanks.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Is it worth rerolling the rare quest jewel with Chaos to try to get something good, or should I just take it easy?

Take it easy and find some white/blue jewels and make four really basic block jewels then think about gear upgrades. When that's all perfect, look at the jewels again. :)
"
Pewzor wrote:

I have one issue, I run 6L Ice Crush and Static Strike depending on fight. But I have to run a mana leech gem to keep up with the mana cost. I even have a nice .39% mana leech jewel...

Do I have to drop assassin's mark/vulnerability/enfeeble and so on and switch to warlord's mark? The guide says if I follow the guide carefully I should have enough mana leech to sustain attacks... I dont see how this is possible with the mana leech nerf and both Ice Crush and Static does very little amount of physical damage.

With Ice Crash you shouldn't use faster attacks in a 6 link, you won't be able to keep up.

Static Strike has multistrike so you get three hits for the price of one. So you can get away with faster attacks (barely).

No reason to use mana leech gem on the attack skill, blood magic gem is better because then you can use a second herald for 100% mana reserved. Herald of Ice for example.

Usually the weapon is a problem too if it's too fast + not enough physical damage. Doryani's Catalyst is the standard if you are high level. If not, look for a slower weapon that hits harder.
I'm leveling Vigilant Strike on offhand to switch out with Static Strike for bosses. What would you think would be good for the last support gem for 6L? VS-multi-melee phys-added fire-FA-? Only thing is there aren't really any other good red melee support gems that would help to keep it the same colors as static strike 6L, 5r/1g.

I would like to use Vigilant Strike but I don't know. Seems like the only thing that would make sense to switch out for single target would be HS-melee phys-fortify-added fire-FA-multi

edit: Could do something like VS-melee phys-phys to light-wed-fa-multi or something along those lines (swap out something for added fire?). If I use Doryani's though then I should probably stick with a ele melee skill then right?

Just realized instead of HS, glacial hammer or infernal blow would be better.
GH/IB-melee phys-added fire-wed-multi-FA (swap something for fortify? to not interrupt attack animations to apply fortify)
Last edited by dezahp on Jul 16, 2015, 1:29:27 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

With Ice Crash you shouldn't use faster attacks in a 6 link, you won't be able to keep up.

Static Strike has multistrike so you get three hits for the price of one. So you can get away with faster attacks (barely).

No reason to use mana leech gem on the attack skill, blood magic gem is better because then you can use a second herald for 100% mana reserved. Herald of Ice for example.

Usually the weapon is a problem too if it's too fast + not enough physical damage. Doryani's Catalyst is the standard if you are high level. If not, look for a slower weapon that hits harder.

Thank you so much for the reply I never thought about using blood magic gem that's a great idea and 1 extra aura can somewhat make up for the damage lost due to 1 less socket.

I had to drop my 1.78 speed 362pDPS axe, and I switched to use a near max +phys doryani (+83-160) with just 11% ias. Without BM or Mana Leech only thing I can sustain is Ice Crash without faster attack.

I will give the BM idea a shot, and run 2 heralds + hatred. I guess I just need to resocket some gear so I can link BM to my phase run and flame dash. Thanks again.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
dezahp wrote:
I'm leveling Vigilant Strike on offhand to switch out with Static Strike for bosses. What would you think would be good for the last support gem for 6L? VS-multi-melee phys-added fire-FA-? Only thing is there aren't really any other good red melee support gems that would help to keep it the same colors as static strike 6L, 5r/1g.

I would like to use Vigilant Strike but I don't know. Seems like the only thing that would make sense to switch out for single target would be HS-melee phys-fortify-added fire-FA-multi

edit: Could do something like VS-melee phys-phys to light-wed-fa-multi or something along those lines (swap out something for added fire?). If I use Doryani's though then I should probably stick with a ele melee skill then right?

Just realized instead of HS, glacial hammer or infernal blow would be better.
GH/IB-melee phys-added fire-wed-multi-FA (swap something for fortify? to not interrupt attack animations to apply fortify)

The problem with Vigilant Strike is that you need endurance charges to expend in order to chain it. It's very hard to generate endurance charges that quickly. Grab the gem from the vendor and give it a try. At least in beta it was hard even with endurance charge on melee stun + stun supports which ruined the DPS.

Generally the older melee skills like heavy strike, glacial hammer and infernal blow have been all but replaced with newer, higher damage skills that also do AOE for much more efficient clearing times.

If you replace something to add fortify to your main attack it would usually be faster attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info