[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
JamalJR wrote:
What do you think about molten strike with this build and skill tree?

Yes it works fine but quite underpowered compared with static strike, partly because molten's AOE shape is not good for coverage. If you can run it without the life leech and blood magic supports (should be possible) you can get more damage. Added fire and faster attacks or fire penetration.

I wouldn't recommend three dragons, something with armor / life / resists instead.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
JamalJR wrote:
What do you think about molten strike with this build and skill tree?

Yes it works fine but quite underpowered compared with static strike, partly because molten's AOE shape is not good for coverage. If you can run it without the life leech and blood magic supports (should be possible) you can get more damage. Added fire and faster attacks or fire penetration.

I wouldn't recommend three dragons, something with armor / life / resists instead.

when i use molten strike in 1.3 patch i had 20k+ dps quite enough defence.now i saw your static strike build and i wonder if i use your skill tree and keep using molten strike it'll be 20k+ dps or be like your 40k+.and defence side of my build is became terrible.i have full resist and 2.5k armor but still i cannot handle 72+ maps easily.i used to clear 72+ maps and had no defence trouble.i did same build in 1.3 but now my character so fragile.should i switch my skill tree to yours? what do you offer?

Skill Tree(btw i have extra 10 skill point still cant decide where to use)

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAecEswYOCfYM9w3NFHUY2xkuGjgczh0UIWAirycvJ-0ppStQMZ4yfjKJNdY26DhTOlI62DrhPC09D0CgRQpG11cNV-JZ814TYVJj_WaecYVyD3KpdPF253fleTl65nzZggeCm4Nfg8yGYJBVmjuezZ_fogCkwqZXpzCplayqrK-tja-Nr6exQrc-vrzAZsC_xPbGrs9-0iHUfNi92WHaueFz6dXtIO9O73zyQfJF9Mb3MvrS_gr-VA==?accountName=JamalJR&characterName=JJJR
Hello Sovyn,

Just wanted to give an update on the progress and ask some questions...

I have decided to use BoR since it is a cheaper option until I have a 6L chest... so I bought BoR and after a bit of shopping, my current gear is like this;

I have also romira ready and will be changing to crit build in few levels... I could change to it now since my resistances almost capped (only fire res 70) with romira but decided to wait for sometime in order to understand jewel system and decide what jewels should I use etc..

My question is, should I use fortify with BoR? I have tried it by changing multistrike and added fire but my dps went about 5-7k with the auras... Although this could be because fortify was lower lvl but I doubt it... Also if I should use it, which skill should I drop?

PS: I might be wrong but I think I saw "1% additional Chance to Block Spells with Shields" mod on a crimson jewel so this part of guide might need an update...

Thx again for the great build... Peace..
Last edited by NicholaiHell on Jul 12, 2015, 10:18:08 PM
I must be missing something somewhere but where is all of your spell block coming from?
"
latterus14 wrote:
I must be missing something somewhere but where is all of your spell block coming from?

Stone of Lahzwar and Rainbowstride.
"
JamalJR wrote:
when i use molten strike in 1.3 patch i had 20k+ dps quite enough defence.now i saw your static strike build and i wonder if i use your skill tree and keep using molten strike it'll be 20k+ dps or be like your 40k+.and defence side of my build is became terrible.i have full resist and 2.5k armor but still i cannot handle 72+ maps easily.i used to clear 72+ maps and had no defence trouble.i did same build in 1.3 but now my character so fragile.should i switch my skill tree to yours? what do you offer?

Well, right now I have over 14K armor (base, no flask), 54K tooltip (going from memory I'd have to double check but that's close) and 85K calculated AOE dps (with Atziri flask), 4700 life and 400 es. I'm pretty high level but the build works great at any level with appropriate gear. Once I find some white jewels I'll also have 75 block with tempest shield and 60+ spell block, without any flask.
Wow I used 60 alteration orbs on jewels and not one rolled shielding? Is it supposed to be ultra rare or what
"
NicholaiHell wrote:
My question is, should I use fortify with BoR? I have tried it by changing multistrike and added fire but my dps went about 5-7k with the auras... Although this could be because fortify was lower lvl but I doubt it... Also if I should use it, which skill should I drop?

PS: I might be wrong but I think I saw "1% additional Chance to Block Spells with Shields" mod on a crimson jewel so this part of guide might need an update...

Thx again for the great build... Peace..

Thanks for the update Nicholai, gear looks nice at a glance. Glad you could max resists with BoR on. Can be a challenge!

You would replace added fire with fortify. Up to you if you feel you are taking too much damage. You could even just swap in fortify for certain things. Fortify support gem does not add much damage at any level, it's mostly just the defense.

Thanks for the tip on spell block jewels, the chart I was looking at when I wrote that may have changed since.

"
Kamina100 wrote:
"
latterus14 wrote:

Stone of Lahzwar and Rainbowstride.

4% on corrupted shield also but that's hard to make if you are doing it yourself. 56% is still good though.
"
Grossbard wrote:
Wow I used 60 alteration orbs on jewels and not one rolled shielding? Is it supposed to be ultra rare or what

Took me all of two alterations in the beta but I'll find out for sure once I get some jewels on live. So far I have not seen any drop so it looks like it will be a matter of patience as with a lot of things in PoE.

Edit, some chart I was looking at in the beta told me that the best odds for shielding was on the Crimson jewel. That info could be outdated now, I just don't know. Will have to look for charts or other info.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 12, 2015, 11:30:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info