[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey Sovyn , great guide !

An advice about the shield . i used a trasnmutation + few alterartion orbs and then an alchemy one and i ended to this

Do u think it still worths crafting this shield further? ,and if so what could it be the next step?

Thx in advance :)
Last edited by mantraxalos on Jun 9, 2015, 4:44:17 AM
"
mantraxalos wrote:
Hey Sovyn , great guide !

An advice about the shield . i used a trasnmutation + few alterartion orbs and then an alchemy one and i ended to this

Do u think it still worths crafting this shield further? ,and if so what could it be the next step?

Thx in advance :)

Hi mantraxalos :)

I wouldn't as I am probably going to recommend an armour shield in 2.0 around one month away now (although evasion would still work).

However, you could put one mod on it with master crafting at a low cost to use it now if you like.

Probably the 55-68% increased Evasion for 3 alchemy.

Upcoming changes aside, I can't recommend investing in a more expensive crafting method for this shield as the life roll is too low to justify spending exalts.
im not quite sure if I understood..? are we EVASION or ARMOUR?! are we both?!

why do we need armour? if we dont go iron refelxes?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
im not quite sure if I understood..? are we EVASION or ARMOUR?! are we both?!

why do we need armour? if we dont go iron refelxes?

In 1.3 and prior I went hybrid evasion / armour which is very good with Ondar's.

In 2.0 I'll be going armour because Ondar's is useless so far in the beta and armour will work better with the block counter-attacks which apply enfeeble and generate endurance charges.

Both of these defenses are relatively minor, block and life and Fortify (in 2.0) are much more important. Evasion without Ondar's only reduces the chance to get hit by a very small amount on a block build and armour is only good to mitigate small physical hits which are no threat anyway.

Edit - added more detail
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 10, 2015, 10:16:28 PM
i was re-waching your 2.0 "what gear to get"
and i saw you say that if we use aegis we need to
take parts with energy shield.
thats realy false.
aegis gives 2% (or 4% if legacy) of ARMOR as energy shield
so the energy shield from aegis itself is all we need
if we got rainbowstrides it the maximum we need.
so...
more armor more energy shield back with that beasty shield.

q. what do u thing about geting 2 ming hearts if i max resist from the gear?
does it stuck each other?
Last edited by sockgr on Jun 11, 2015, 11:13:02 AM
I've been using Aurseize gloves throughout most of the leveling process, because I happened to have it and I haven't looted other gloves that look particularly strong. Should I be looking to replace them as I enter early endgame, or are they worth using for a while? I haven't spent any currency to turn them into a 4-link, and I was wondering whether I should.
"
sockgr wrote:
i was re-waching your 2.0 "what gear to get"
and i saw you say that if we use aegis we need to
take parts with energy shield.
thats realy false.
aegis gives 2% (or 4% if legacy) of ARMOR as energy shield
so the energy shield from aegis itself is all we need
if we got rainbowstrides it the maximum we need.
so...
more armor more energy shield back with that beasty shield.

q. what do u thing about geting 2 ming hearts if i max resist from the gear?
does it stuck each other?

I would say the phrase "really false" is too strong language here my friend. With Aegis it can't hurt anything to choose Saintly Chainmail instead of the other choices. Think of it this way, if you get hit and you don't have much ES it will drop all of your ES + X amount of life, if you had more ES your total effective life goes up with Aegis because that same hit would cost you less of your life and will be regained during combat.

Two Ming's is not ideal because of the -30% life, you can't afford that. Rings with a little chaos res, some flat physical damage and high life roll are much better. If you have maxed your resists elsewhere you can probably afford to get something like that with attack speed too. Might even do as much damage as a Ming's, have not tested but a good ring such as I describe adds a surprising amount of damage at high level.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
I've been using Aurseize gloves throughout most of the leveling process, because I happened to have it and I haven't looted other gloves that look particularly strong. Should I be looking to replace them as I enter early endgame, or are they worth using for a while? I haven't spent any currency to turn them into a 4-link, and I was wondering whether I should.

I replaced Aurseize myself when I entered maps (Piety was the final boss in the storyline then). If you are not strictly self-found, something better with a high life roll on it is not expensive.
Many of you are probably interested to know that Tempest Shield is being reworked. info here.

It's nice that it won't reserve mana now with reduced mana gone in 2.0.

It's too early to tell if it will be useful for the lazy pally in 2.0 or not. For example, I probably won't be recommending it if it has to be recast more than once per area/zone. I may not even recommend it if it does not work fully passively from CWDT for example. Also we don't even know yet if it provides block chance or if this is just for minor damage (obviously I can't give it more than a 4-link and it would be minor damage no matter what with a 4-link because GGG has to tune it for people that will 6-link it).

The only exception to all of the above would be if it becomes so powerful that it does more damage and clears monsters more efficiently than Ice Crash, Static Strike, and the rest. I doubt it.

I know some folks are thinking passive curse application here but I already have that sorted pretty well for 2.0 with the counter-attacks.

So we don't know much really :)

It's good that they are looking at it though because it was useless in 2.0.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 12, 2015, 12:03:55 AM
i buy 1 ming just to try...
i get 900 dps more in tooltip and 61 chaos resist but i lost 450 hp.
still not sure if worth it...
exept the expensive part of ming 450 hp is a lot
defenetly any ring with high phys atk and atck speed and life would be better or same dps
but i dont know about the chaos resist part
q1 61% chaos res. vs 450 hp.
q2 what do you thing is better. a good daresso or a good belly?
any help?
Last edited by sockgr on Jun 12, 2015, 10:56:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info