[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
sockgr wrote:
q1 61% chaos res. vs 450 hp.
q2 what do you thing is better. a good daresso or a good belly?
any help?

1 - Keep the life and get a little chaos res elsewhere you only need around 0%.

2 - Belly over Daresso's Defiance IMO.

Updated the auras and buffs honorable mentions section in the 2.0 guide today to include the reworked Arctic Armour as a choice. In my testing on beta it just reserves 25% of mana and stays up all the time like any other aura/buff. Seems to be around 12% fire/physical mitigation toward the top levels of the gem which I think is a worthwhile choice for some.
ok bro thx...
aparendly i had same rings that had phys.dmg+ atk.speed + life +ligt. resist
that let me aford the coils debuff
now i wear coil without ming and i got 400 more dps than ming
and i have my hp back to normal.
the bad about this is that i have only 3 parts that are not unic
and its hard to make it to 0 chaos resist

do u approve vertex vs this?

(now i have 39% phys dmg reduction and 19% chance to evade + coils reduction
with this change i will have around 33% phys and 25% evade + coils reduction)
plus i am an aegis user, some more ES would be cool.
thoughts?
Last edited by sockgr on Jun 13, 2015, 8:56:05 AM
"
sockgr wrote:
ok bro thx...
aparendly i had same rings that had phys.dmg+ atk.speed + life +ligt. resist
that let me aford the coils debuff
now i wear coil without ming and i got 400 more dps than ming
and i have my hp back to normal.
the bad about this is that i have only 3 parts that are not unic
and its hard to make it to 0 chaos resist

do u approve vertex vs this?

(now i have 39% phys dmg reduction and 19% chance to evade + coils reduction
with this change i will have around 33% phys and 25% evade + coils reduction)
plus i am an aegis user, some more ES would be cool.
thoughts?

I think Coil is overkill :) In 2.0 we will have fortify with rampart and max block and 10k armor and molten shell and enfeeble curse and up to three endurance charges. Altogether I think that should be plenty for physical mitigation. I suppose you could add granite flasks if you must.

As you know I advise rare items in most slots because you can get life and chaos resist together.

I suppose Vertex is not a terrible choice but I wouldn't use it personally. You can probably find a good rare with some Armour/ES and life and chaos res which would be better. here's a search on poe.trade
A personal gearing note: as you previously suggested, I was able to find a seller for Doryani's Catalyst for my 2 divine. It's a 305 dps one, so it seems as if it has above average rolls (although the Elemental roll is only 80% - wasn't sure how important that is). Looking forward to trying it out, but I need to get to level 75 first - I've been traveling, so no leveling so far this month. Thanks for letting me know about realistic pricing on this thing - I had been assuming I had to save up a few Exalted for it.
yeah i know is overkill but its still a good armor to have
sinse there are still some bosses that can 1 hit us...
like lvl76 prensict boss and 78 palace dominus.
even with topaz flask that motherf@cker
can 1shot us with that boom skill.
i guess in awakening this things never gona happen again xD
anemina minara is a pain but skipable :P
anyway its never bad to have more physical mitigation.
i will propably buy a new gloves and helm with the stats u say
if i ever find a seller loged in :/
now with coil i can search with lower armor so its gona be cheaper
not a mirror like shits :P
ty again sovyn-senpai!
"
sockgr wrote:
yeah i know is overkill but its still a good armor to have
sinse there are still some bosses that can 1 hit us...
like lvl76 prensict boss and 78 palace dominus.

Never had any problem with precinct boss, but with lower resists mod on map it could be hard for anyone.... but that has nothing to do with physical mitigation.

Dominus 78 with no mods on the map that affect him you may be able to survive the fist of god attack with enough life but it is blockable so you have a 75% chance to not get hit with it, and it is designed to avoid manually with a movement skill anyway.
Sovyn-

Just wanted to drop in and say fantastic build. I've been putting off building this because I usually play crit builds, but I am glad I finally got around to it. Just dinged 88 (Hardcore) a few days ago and feels great.

Currently running this set up:

Spoiler

I was a bit afraid that the Abyssus would be suicide, but I took the "Unyielding" cluster by RT and it smoothed out the damage taken. Glad to see this is a build ready for 2.0 as well. Thanks again for the build.
"
surveillance wrote:
Sovyn-

Just wanted to drop in and say fantastic build. I've been putting off building this because I usually play crit builds, but I am glad I finally got around to it. Just dinged 88 (Hardcore) a few days ago and feels great.

You're welcome, surveillance! Nice level on hardcore, well done. :)
I've got a couple questions for you:

-I'm currently only able to link 1 red counterattack to Curse on Hit/Enfeeble. Is it better to go with Reckoning, or with Vengeance linked up to those until I get a 4-link with 2 red/2 blue?

-Whenever I run into the rogue exile Minara Anemina (exploding zombies), she blows me up. If I try to get close, the zombies explode on me, and if I just run around, well then I'm not doing any damage to her. Any tips on this fight, or do I just need more gear for it? I'm currently at 3.3K hp, 5.2K tooltip dps, max elemental resists. I have 10K armor, but I guess it's not physical damage. Only 20% evade chance. I'm level 72, doing level 66 maps. DPS will go up a lot once I hit level 75, but that's not really the problem.

Last edited by Kamina100 on Jun 16, 2015, 8:40:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info