[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Hmm, if so, that's longer than I thought. Are there things that would be good to do in the meantime to prepare for it and account for the differences between the 1.3 lazy pally setup vs the projected 2.0 one?

Not really, you can buy a Lioneye's Remorse if you want but even that might be premature... just keep leveling your character so that there will be plenty of skill points to spend when 2.0 launches :)

A lot of the same gear and gems from the 1.3 guide will be re-used of course so not much will go to waste. I'd personally not invest much into evasion gear though unless things change a lot.

Edit - if you want you can level a shield charge gem now if you are not already doing so, I'm liking it better now with the new Lockstep mode. Another faster attacks to go with it....

I've mostly been using Shield Charge as I went along, so it has been leveled accordingly. I would like to try Leap Slam but I don't think I even have one. I actually got Lioneye's Remorse already. I felt I needed a shield upgrade because I hadn't yet upgraded from Perandus (which I got as a drop with another character). I have gotten quite a few low-level unique drops, a few of which seem pretty good, like Wurm's Molt. I'm hoping Lioneye's will prove to be a good long-term piece, but if not I can get something else eventually.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Jun 5, 2015, 5:40:06 PM
oi sovyn what Lockstep mode does?
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Can Ice Crash hit the same mob 3 times or do the second and third hits attack other stuff that's progressively farther away? I read something to that effect but the person didn't seem sure.

Do you think this nerf puts it behind Whirlwind?

I don't know how to calculate Ice Crash's exact dps total yet.

I have tested both cyclone and ice crash and static strike extensively in beta even some just now and they feel competitive with each other. I think since I'm using a much lower dps claw with cyclone vs a nicer mace with ice crash and static that cyclone is possibly still the best single target but the small AOE size means more moving around to finish off stragglers. I don't have a reave gem in beta because I'm too busy to level a shadow to 10 just for that (again, I did it before last wipe) but I'm sure Reave is competitive as well. So it will come down to preference I think. These four are definitely the top picks and are all mentioned in the guide. The reason the other three edge out static at least in the early game is you don't have to target a specific monster to get the most damage because they work with ground targeting whereas static doesn't. Later on static + multistrike does auto targeting for you so that's taken care of.
"
sockgr wrote:
oi sovyn what Lockstep mode does?

A fix for desync for those with very good internet connections. Right now the game makes some guesses about what you are going to do next and just checks to make sure that's OK with the server every now and then, that's called Predictive mode and that's why you warp back sometimes when the server does not agree.

Lockstep mode (in beta only so far) is a setting that forces your client to ask the server every time you do anything BEFORE the action takes place to make sure things stay in sync. It works great if there are no spikes in your ping time. They did add a few more servers to help with that.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 5, 2015, 6:45:40 PM
Beta update, in today's patch we gained 3% block down around Testudo so I'm thinking about dropping Tempest Shield or going with the route that takes me past Soul of Steel like this. I'll have to go get an offline planner for 2.0 in order to see the totals of everything to choose the best way.
Today I've been working on the skill tree for 2.0 again. Two options, I'm leaning toward the first one:

Option 1: build tree
Spoiler
stats
+348 to Strength
+174 to Dexterity
+63 to Intelligence
+71.5 to maximum Mana
+308 to maximum Life

defenses
116% increased Armour
335% increased Defences from equipped Shield
122% increased maximum Life
29% Shield Block Chance
6% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
5 Jewel Socket (10 block with jewels)

offense
365% increased Melee Physical Damage
45% increased Attack Speed

resists
+12% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
+18% to Lightning Resistance
+18% to Cold Resistance
+18% to Fire Resistance

Option 2: build tree
Spoiler
stats
+453 to Strength
+154 to Dexterity
+73 to Intelligence
+76.5 to maximum Mana
+340.5 to maximum Life

defenses
4% additional Physical Damage Reduction
164% increased Armour
310% increased Defences from equipped Shield
117% increased maximum Life
29% Shield Block Chance
2% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
7 Jewel Socket (14 block with jewels)

offense
308% increased Melee Physical Damage
33% increased Attack Speed

resists
+7% to all Elemental Resistances
+1% to maximum Fire Resistance
+8% to Fire Resistance
+12% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield

Notes: Damage % includes strength bonus. I've boiled it down to the pertinent differences in the spoilers above. Basically with Option 1, you get more damage and resists. With Option 2 you get a little bit more physical mitigation.
Hey,

I'm currently running your build on my hc templar and having a really good time :)
I was wondering if going for a high armour shield and evasion chest would be as viable as evasion shield and armour chest?
Last edited by pneumothoraxqt on Jun 9, 2015, 2:44:32 PM
"
Hey,

I'm currently running your build on my hc templar and having a really good time :)
I was wondering if going for a high armour shield and evasion chest would be as viable as evasion shield and armour chest?

Glad you are having fun :)

I think so. If you can maintain around 30% 'chance to evade attacks' at high level on your character sheet it wouldn't matter either way. In 1.3, evasion is good for Ondar's whereas armour is only good for small physical hits. Life and block are more important than either if you have to prioritize.
i like the 1st one too. looks stable.
plus the build already has kinda low dmg and low life.
but the defences are superb.
so maybe all this route for just 4% redused phy dmg maybe not worth.
you spend 6 points on getting 2 jewel sockets we probably wont need :P
q1: so u thinking to go for full armor instead of semi evasion?
q2: i didnt get it when u say that abour 3% block at testudo, we get more or less?
"
sockgr wrote:
i like the 1st one too. looks stable.
plus the build already has kinda low dmg and low life.
but the defences are superb.
so maybe all this route for just 4% redused phy dmg maybe not worth.
you spend 6 points on getting 2 jewel sockets we probably wont need :P
q1: so u thinking to go for full armor instead of semi evasion?
q2: i didnt get it when u say that abour 3% block at testudo, we get more or less?

For anyone else reading this is beta discussion.... carry on

First build has about the same life as the second build.

The main difference is trading more armor and the 4% mitigation for a bit less damage and elemental resists (the resists can be made up on gear potentially though).

The two extra jewel sockets would be required to max block as I don't take the Scion block nodes in the second build. Not a waste, carefully considered. Maybe you didn't realize I'm dropping Tempest Shield now.

Yes, armor in 2.0 but no need to take IR, total waste of points as we don't run grace and won't be recommending flask pounding as this is an easy to play build after all, one button pretty much the goal.

In beta they changed it so the block nodes at Testudo are a bit better, that's what I was saying we gained 3% block there total which opened up additional options for me.

Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 7, 2015, 6:35:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info