[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Minara Anemina, yeah I find her the hardest of all rogue exiles to fight with this build, a fight that I would definitely run away from in HC.

If you want to take her on in SC, I find the best strategy is to ignore her summons, use your movement skill to get close to her instantly and finish her off asap.

That's really all. Or just run away, hehe.
"
Stefacle wrote:
Minara Anemina, yeah I find her the hardest of all rogue exiles to fight with this build, a fight that I would definitely run away from in HC.

If you want to take her on in SC, I find the best strategy is to ignore her summons, use your movement skill to get close to her instantly and finish her off asap.

That's really all. Or just run away, hehe.

Maybe I just need to up my dps (I have a much better weapon that I can equip at 75). She's one of the few things that I have trouble with at this point. Most stuff barely makes my health move.
"
Kamina100 wrote:
I've got a couple questions for you:

-I'm currently only able to link 1 red counterattack to Curse on Hit/Enfeeble. Is it better to go with Reckoning, or with Vengeance linked up to those until I get a 4-link with 2 red/2 blue?

-Whenever I run into the rogue exile Minara Anemina (exploding zombies), she blows me up. If I try to get close, the zombies explode on me, and if I just run around, well then I'm not doing any damage to her. Any tips on this fight, or do I just need more gear for it? I'm currently at 3.3K hp, 5.2K tooltip dps, max elemental resists. I have 10K armor, but I guess it's not physical damage. Only 20% evade chance. I'm level 72, doing level 66 maps. DPS will go up a lot once I hit level 75, but that's not really the problem.

1) reckoning for curse on hit

2) Don't engage certain rogues at all, they kill most builds that are not ideally geared yet - Minara Anemina (Minion Instability), Magnus Stonethorn (flameblast), maybe Wilorin Demontamer (storm call), even Igna Phoenix can be risky in -resists maps. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rogue_exile

If you must kill Minara Anemina you need a true single target skill like dual strike without multistrike to single-target attack her and not the minions. Similar to how you would do many of the Vorici master missions.
"
If you must kill Minara Anemina you need a true single target skill like dual strike without multistrike to single-target attack her and not the minions. Similar to how you would do many of the Vorici master missions.

Do not forget counterstrikes` damage, they shoud be off also.
[except situation when minions are far away from her]
Too much work for Lazys ;)

Its possible but not worthy I think, since she is deadliest exile thing...

edit: not herself ofc, but "minions instability"
Last edited by karmasopa on Jun 16, 2015, 8:07:34 PM
In that case, is the "guarded by X extra rogue exiles" mod on maps and strongboxes undesirable? I had thought it was a good one because of the extra loot, but maybe not worth it?
"
Kamina100 wrote:
In that case, is the "guarded by X extra rogue exiles" mod on maps and strongboxes undesirable? I had thought it was a good one because of the extra loot, but maybe not worth it?

On hardcore, no, never. Otherwise, it's not worth it for most builds and players out there if they are trying to level past 90. This is because you never know which rogues you will get and you will be running maps with vulnerability, elemental weakness and -resists all the time to maintain your top end map pool. Before 90 it's not a big deal as 10% is gained back comparatively easily.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 17, 2015, 1:18:35 AM
I hit 75, so I'm able to use Doryani's now, and I made some other tweaks to my gear as well. Right now I'm at 3.5K health, 10.3K tooltip dps (which I think doesn't include explosions), 67% block chance with aura up, 56% armor mitigation, 23% evade chance (the high armor and low evade is due to using Lioneye's as my shield), max elemental resists. I'm still at -60 Chaos resist.

Defensively, I need to upgrade my life and Chaos resist. I'm not sure what will get me from 67% block to 75% block, except The Anvil, which I do have and could use. I'm not prepared to get an expensive corrupted Lahzwar or something like that yet. Slashing Comeback passive is 4%, but 2.0 will probably be out before I get to that point on the passives tree. I do have 36% block Perandus (6 more than Lionseye), but Lionseye is too good overall to use Perandus. Should I worry about being maxed out on block, or just leave it, and let it be a long-term goal? Maybe I should try to get Rainbowstride for some spell block, and use The Anvil over Lahzwar sometimes?

Offensively, I guess the biggest upgrade by far would be to go to a 5-link. I'm running the recommended 4-link currently, and my mana works out fine for it. So maybe I could add Faster Attacks. Checking poe.trade, it looks as if a rare 5-link with life and some resists is pretty affordable if you're not too picky. I'm never sure whether to go for the upgrade I can afford, or wait to get a more expensive upgrade. For example, there are some 5-link rares that look decent on there for as low as 1c, whereas the cheapest one with an Astral Plate base, while using the same criteria (arbitrarily I was looking for at least 70 life and at least 50 total resists) is 15c. Maybe I should just get one for under 5c for now, and then figure out what to spend more on later.

I'm still using Aurseize, so that's an area where I could get a pretty easy upgrade. And I'm using Meginord's Girdle atm, so maybe that could be replaced. Some other slots have pretty weak gear too.

In terms of links, in addition to the 5-link, I need to set up a 2 red/2 blue 4-link for counterattacks and Curse on Hit. Currently using a 3-link for that with one counterattack. I'm waiting until I get something worth burning more currency on in order to set up the right links for it. I've got the 3 auras with Reduced Mana running on a 4-link, which is nice, and I've got CWDT/Enduring Cry and CWDT/Increased Duration/Immortal Call set up (but without a 4th link for Molten Shell). But if 2.0 comes out soon, maybe Immortal Call won't be part of the setup - I didn't see it mentioned in the 2.0 guide.
I took the chance and tried some YOLO crafting as I had 5 Lazhwar stones in my stash, so I started vaal'ing them.

On the fourth attempt I did hit the jackpot:

So happy with the result :)

Only problem was that my Int was getting low now, so I had to pick the 30 Int node near the Templar start.

Now, next should be to get my Thousand Teeth shield vaal'ed as well, but as I only have one shield available I'll hold back with that for now.
"
Stefacle wrote:
I took the chance and tried some YOLO crafting as I had 5 Lazhwar stones in my stash, so I started vaal'ing them.

On the fourth attempt I did hit the jackpot:

So happy with the result :)

Only problem was that my Int was getting low now, so I had to pick the 30 Int node near the Templar start.

Now, next should be to get my Thousand Teeth shield vaal'ed as well, but as I only have one shield available I'll hold back with that for now.

Congrats! That's really cool :D

I had an int problem too, because my weapon requires 113 int. I'm using a ring with some int on it right now in addition to a regular int Lahzwar.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Jun 17, 2015, 5:55:53 AM
I'm giving a variant on this a go in the beta - don't think I'm revelaing anything, but I'll put the rest in a spoiler tag just to make sure!

Spoiler

Going to roughly follow your 2.0 guide, but might drop a bit of block for a bit more damage/life. I'm intending on using the Anvil, and using tempest shield so should be able to drop a couple of nodes. I'm hoping that mana on block from the amulet, and nodes will help me sustain (using Ice Crash) with the reductions to leech.
I just hope I can cope with the move speed reduction from the Anvil - I normally always have high move speed characters (My main in standard has about 50% without buffs). The fact I shouldn't need to kite should compensate, and I do have leap slam.
I'm also going for a scion start, removes the need for the first few low value nodes in Templar, plus lets me take the three inc aoe nodes if I like later.
No idea how it will work, never gone high block before. Should be fun though.

Other things I'm going to play with

- Use Hypothermia instead of fortify on ice crash, and fortify from my leap slam (I know - less lazy!)
- As stated, run tempest shield, will play with supports. Mana leech might work? Hopefully I can find a way of auto triggering it too, otherwise if I link with inc duration, should only need to recast occasionally.
- Will play with AA, but probably won't use.
- If I can get them, mixing and matching shields depending on map. I wish thousand teeth temu was armour based though, I like the idea of having even more damage on block.
- Might try and see if I can stretch to some of the ele damage and freeze nodes. Seems a shame to not make more of the cold damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info