[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Mamoux wrote:

My opinion:

1) You are probably too far along to still be using Crest of Perandus
2) Your helm is not ideal for this build. If you were to replace it with an Alpha's Howl, you could run your Auras in it, so that's one idea.

Other than that, I think all your gear looks pretty good. I'm only level 40 with this build, though, so Sovyn can probably offer more insight.
Oh my god, where do people find all that amazing gear? :(
"
Mamoux wrote:
...random gear.....

Gear looks fine. Could use perhaps a little more life on gloves, belt, one ring, but I see why you stuck with those.

Mainly you want to be looking at overcapping the resist pertinent to the fight. Purity of Lightning at 17 for Temple Piety or Shrine Piety while she is in first form. I find flasks too short to bother with.

As mentioned you can also raise your spell block further, again, temporarily as needed with Rainbowstride, Rathpith Globe or Saffell's Frame.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
How much HP should I be aiming for in maps? I'm at level 67 right now, and this build is making me really enjoy melee. And guess what? I don't even play melee classes in FFXIV or Diablo 3, I'm usually playing caster classes.

Glad you are having fun. :) You can do up 69 maps with only 2400-3000 life.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
How much HP should I be aiming for in maps? I'm at level 67 right now, and this build is making me really enjoy melee. And guess what? I don't even play melee classes in FFXIV or Diablo 3, I'm usually playing caster classes.

Guess I'm getting close! I guess my only problem right now is me making the newbie mistake of overleveling my Enfeeble gem. It's like level 8 and my character is too stupid to use it. :( Probably going to have to suck it up and trade for a new level 1 one. I blame the Blazon for spoiling me with the massive stats boost. I knew I had to give it up eventually...
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Guess I'm getting close! I guess my only problem right now is me making the newbie mistake of overleveling my Enfeeble gem. It's like level 8 and my character is too stupid to use it. :( Probably going to have to suck it up and trade for a new level 1 one. I blame the Blazon for spoiling me with the massive stats boost. I knew I had to give it up eventually...

Can't you vendor it with an orb of scouring to lower it by 1 level?
"
Radagastt wrote:

I haven't had much luck with scouring drops...
Last edited by Vulpix0r on Jan 19, 2014, 9:37:33 PM
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
Radagastt wrote:

I haven't had much luck with scouring drops...

If you were in standard league I'd trade you some, I have a couple dozen.
Last edited by Radagastt on Jan 19, 2014, 10:25:56 PM
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Stone of Lazhwar has some intelligence on it, or you can head up for Purity of Flesh or grab Hard Knocks temporarily. Or, if you have a vulnerability gem, just pop that on there instead for now, unless you are playing a hardcore league it will be fine.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Stone of Lazhwar has some intelligence on it, or you can head up for Purity of Flesh or grab Hard Knocks temporarily. Or, if you have a vulnerability gem, just pop that on there instead for now, unless you are playing a hardcore league it will be fine.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not gunning after the Stone yet due to my life leech amulet, and I've sort of passed the duty of cursing to my buddy. I have a Vulnerability gem somewhere in my stash though, I'll try that out. While the lack of int kinda sucks, I can wear most of my gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info