[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Radagastt wrote:
Is Nycta's Lantern worth getting for the 40's or is the phys damage still too low?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nycta's_Lantern

It's a cool looking mace, but unfortunately I think the damage just sucks for it.

It's only 45 DPS. I think you could do better with an ordinary rare mace (not a scepter, they are usually not worth looking at). Nycta's is a 6-link as you can 3-link a weapon, but the support 'gems' are fairly weak. Maybe with ground slam - added cold damage - weapon elemental damage or chance to ignite. But I would not actually trade for it, just experiment if you have it laying around.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 19, 2014, 1:27:11 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Radagastt wrote:
Is Nycta's Lantern worth getting for the 40's or is the phys damage still too low?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nycta's_Lantern

It's a cool looking mace, but unfortunately I think the damage just sucks for it.

It's only 45 DPS. I think you could do better with an ordinary rare mace (not a scepter, they are usually not worth looking at). Nycta's is a 6-link as you can 3-link a weapon, but the support 'gems' are fairly weak. Maybe with ground slam - added cold damage - weapon elemental damage or chance to ignite. But I would not actually trade for it, just experiment if you have it laying around.

I'm still looking to replace my Brightbeak. Hard to find a good 1H mace to replace it at the moment.
"
Radagastt wrote:

I'm still looking to replace my Brightbeak. Hard to find a good 1H mace to replace it at the moment.

I know the feeling. I was actually trying to stick with maces early on too, but gave up when every decent weapon I found was a sword or axe. That's why the build leaves your options open with generic damage nodes and a few different attack skill choices for different weapon types.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Radagastt wrote:

I know the feeling. I was actually trying to stick with maces early on too, but gave up when every decent weapon I found was a sword or axe. That's why the build leaves your options open with generic damage nodes and a few different attack skill choices for different weapon types.

Yeah. I like Ground Slam for AOE, but I might have to give it up.
"
Radagastt wrote:

Keep leveling it for when you find or can trade for a good mace. Remember, you can stick a weapon and shield, 6 sockets total, on your switch (second set of weapons) and gems socketed in there will keep leveling up. That way you don't have to make room on your actual gear.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Radagastt wrote:

Keep leveling it for when you find or can trade for a good mace. Remember, you can stick a weapon and shield, 6 sockets total, on your switch (second set of weapons) and gems socketed in there will keep leveling up. That way you don't have to make room on your actual gear.

Yeah, I need to remember to do that.

I was just digging around in my stash and found this mace:

Doubled my Heavy Strike and Ground Slam DPS instantly. No more Brightbeak. I need to pay closer attention to what's in my stash apparently :]
"
Radagastt wrote:

I was just digging around in my stash and found this mace:

Doubled my Heavy Strike and Ground Slam DPS instantly. No more Brightbeak. I need to pay closer attention to what's in my stash apparently :]

That's a great weapon for your level, 189 DPS.
Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone have a link to videos showing this build playing 77/78 bosses? Thanks.
"
Mamoux wrote:
Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone have a link to videos showing this build playing 77/78 bosses? Thanks.

The videos we have so far are posted on the first page. I've heard back from people using my build that they were able to kill 77-78 bosses no problem, but no one has posted videos.
Congrats on 250 pages!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info