Brace Yourselves: Imbalance May Be Coming

What are you even talking about Bhaisabh. It's like you're starting from the assumption that anyone who wants to play pvp will already have dozens to hundreds of exalts worth of things farmed before they begin. No shit, of course the grind is less of a problem for those people. Most of them don't play pvp because they don't want to (pvp and pve are very different, unrelated things, who knew).

I don't know why you seem to think that the only people who might want to pvp are those who spend time farming endgame stuff though; that's obviously wrong. The majority of people I've seen that were interested in low level pvp don't care about that at all, or have only a casual interest in it (like me). When I say new people I don't mean 'people who are veterans that play endgame', I mean people who are new to PoE as a whole. Many people I've met who tried low level pvp were on their first playthrough in normal and had a lot of interest in pvp until they see what they have to go through just to play.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
thats an interesting way of looking at things Bhaisabh, i agree with most of the things you stated. I bet we would get influx of players if there was an incentive to play pvp, ie rewards from ggg.

@mrenzyme i agree that the grind for lld gear shouldnt be as high as the grind for hld gear, thats the appealing part of lld. but there should be SOME grind. i dont want some person who just started to play poe that hasnt even been to cruel to come to lld and have similar gear to me. what are you crazy? this is an RPG game first and pvp second. and the pvp in this game is mostly going to be about gear vs gear with some skill involved and not skill vs skill. do you guys truly believe you can have a skill full pvp competition in POE? think again. it hurts me to say this but surprise! we have something called desync. and dont tell me theres no desync in pvp. cyclone, whirling blades, need i say more? so yea, pvp in poe will mostly be about gear vs gear. you guys keep saying you want competition based on skill but you aint getting it here. go somewhere else
"
john_nova wrote:
do you guys truly believe you can have a skill full pvp competition in POE?

Yes, maybe not for 1v1 but for 3v3 there's A LOT of tactics and builds you can do, making good builds is a skill imo and playing smart and with a good team synergy is something I'd like to see more in PoE PvP
IGN: DullahanTheHeadless
"
Dullahan987 wrote:
"
john_nova wrote:

Yes, maybe not for 1v1 but for 3v3 there's A LOT of tactics and builds you can do, making good builds is a skill imo and playing smart and with a good team synergy is something I'd like to see more in PoE PvP

ahh oops sorry, i didnt know there was no desync in 3v3. i should play more :(
"
john_nova wrote:
@mrenzyme i agree that the grind for lld gear shouldnt be as high as the grind for hld gear, thats the appealing part of lld. but there should be SOME grind. i dont want some person who just started to play poe that hasnt even been to cruel to come to lld and have similar gear to me. what are you crazy? this is an RPG game first and pvp second. and the pvp in this game is mostly going to be about gear vs gear with some skill involved and not skill vs skill. do you guys truly believe you can have a skill full pvp competition in POE? think again. it hurts me to say this but surprise! we have something called desync. and dont tell me theres no desync in pvp. cyclone, whirling blades, need i say more? so yea, pvp in poe will mostly be about gear vs gear. you guys keep saying you want competition based on skill but you aint getting it here. go somewhere else

Lol, I love this argument, "pvp right now depends on playing single-player, therefore it should always depend on gear from single-player". Followed by "desync exists, therefore skill can never be factor and pvp should be a gear fashion show". And don't forget "I don't want some new person to be on equal footing with me, I deserve an unfair advantage in a pvp game for playing longer than them".

Always good for a laugh; I can barely even caricature it because it's already at maximum ridiculousness.
"
john_nova wrote:

I'm not sure about the builds you play, but many others including myself do more than just mash one button repeatedly to see who wins.

On the LLD guy I'm playing now, I'm using...

EK
Bear trap
Cold snap
Temp chains
Smoke mine
Cast on Death crap thrown in, primarily for 3v3's. lol

It takes a bit of skill to bait others, hit a cold snap, aim the EK right, throw a bear trap under someone's feet, lay a smoke mine to be proactive, hit pots at the right time (speed, anti-curse, anti-bleed, life) and not waste them, etc...

It also takes some "skill" to plan a passive tree correctly.

I'm not saying I'm particularly skilled... I'm just giving an example, as many others have similar or possibly more complex setups.

Edit: Enzyme has also made some pretty unique, effective builds. It takes a fair amount of intelligence to plan a good pvp character.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Aug 7, 2014, 11:16:55 PM
Last edited by VZ58 on May 15, 2020, 1:51:29 AM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
john_nova wrote:

I'm not sure about the builds you play, but many others including myself do more than just mash one button repeatedly to see who wins.

It takes a bit of skill to bait others, hit a cold snap, aim the EK right, throw a bear trap under someone's feet, lay a smoke mine to be proactive, hit pots at the right time (speed, anti-curse, anti-bleed, life) and not waste them, etc...

It also takes some "skill" to plan a passive tree correctly.

I'm not saying I'm particularly skilled... I'm just giving an example, as many others have similar or possibly more complex setups.

Edit: Enzyme has also made some pretty unique, effective builds. It takes a fair amount of intelligence to plan a good pvp character.

I honestly have no idea what appeal someone sees in pvp if they can say something like "do you guys truly believe you can have a skill full pvp competition in POE?". Like why would they even be in this thread, let alone playing pvp at all. If they primarily enjoy grinding for gear and building a character, they are describing a single player game and not a multiplayer one.

"
VZ58 wrote:
Yup, Grinding Gear Games.

quality insights, friend
greendude was right, you cant have a discussion with mrenzyme because he puts words in your mouth.
@Firebrand76 i didnt say you didnt need skill in pvp. its just that gear matters more
and i saw mrenzymes youtube videos. it was the most boring thing ever. please dont show those videos to any potential new LLDers, because thats a really bad show case of what LLD is. he spams conversion trap. nothing unique about it. his build will NOT work if you take out conversion trap. i have no respect for that kind of gameplay. he relies on that single skill and take that away and his whole build falls apart. you wont be using that build any longer when conversion trap gets nerfed buddy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info