Explanation of [Dodge-Block-EV] Life Crit Flicker

My build is shit and can win vs flickers, molten shell is imo too strong, lines with bear trap, not due to damage but the mechanics(stuck for 5+ sec).
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Jul 30, 2014, 8:58:55 AM
Wait... are you saying this build is potentially the king of HLD based on theory crafting, or in practice is already dominating pvp? Two very different things.

If I had a nickle for every OP theory crafted build out there that was supposed to dominate pvp, I'd be rich. Things hardly ever work out as planned, the way you think they should.

I'm not debating the OP'ness of crit flicker dagger builds, just wondering why this iteration has been proven to be the best?

If this is based on real W:L records, what are the names of these guys?
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
Wait... are you saying this build is potentially the king of HLD based on theory crafting, or in practice is already dominating pvp? Two very different things.

If I had a nickle for every OP theory crafted build out there that was supposed to dominate pvp, I'd be rich. Things hardly ever work out as planned, the way you think they should.

I'm not debating the OP'ness of crit flicker dagger builds, just wondering why this iteration has been proven to be the best?

Proven/in practice. I want to stress the fact that I don't think this is an OP build, it's just really fucking strong. I already respecced my shadow back to CI, but I believe missuse still wrecks face with this build. I have perfect gear for my CI flicker, but when I put together random shit for life flicker, it still outperformed CI flicker by a ridiculous margin.

"
My build is shit and can win vs flickers, molten shell is imo too strong

Unless you're running block reduction with your molten shell (in which case, as a 4L, it's not going to kill anyone), there's a good chance molten shell won't do much against this build with its 75% spell block and 46% spell dodge, which gives it a 13.5 chance of landing. I had zero problems dealing with AirCavalry & Shadowthefall's molten shell, especially when I used whirling blades to set it off before flickering.
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Bhai on Jul 30, 2014, 12:15:17 PM
"
Bhaisabh wrote:
"
Firebrand76 wrote:

Proven/in practice. I want to stress the fact that I don't think this is an OP build, it's just really fucking strong. I already respecced my shadow back to CI, but I believe missuse still wrecks face with this build. I have perfect gear for my CI flicker, but when I put together random shit for life flicker, it still outperformed CI flicker by a ridiculous margin.

"

Unless you're running block reduction with your molten shell (in which case, as a 4L, it's not going to kill anyone), there's a good chance molten shell won't do much against this build with its 75% spell block and 46% spell dodge. I had zero problems dealing with AirCavalry & Shadowthefall's molten shell, especially when I used whirling blades to set it off before flickering.

when i had my crit ek shadow (same as shadowthefall) i could 1shot everyone if my molten critted, and ofc i had linked with block red. shadow deal lot more dmg than me, so i doubt you can survive his molten shell crit.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
Bhaisabh wrote:
"
Firebrand76 wrote:

"

Unless you're running block reduction with your molten shell (in which case, as a 4L, it's not going to kill anyone), there's a good chance molten shell won't do much against this build with its 75% spell block and 46% spell dodge, which gives it a 13.5 chance of landing. I had zero problems dealing with AirCavalry & Shadowthefall's molten shell, especially when I used whirling blades to set it off before flickering.

I don't use molten shell
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
tempallo wrote:
when i had my crit ek shadow (same as shadowthefall) i could 1shot everyone if my molten critted, and ofc i had linked with block red. shadow deal lot more dmg than me, so i doubt you can survive his molten shell crit.

The part about molten shell doing no damage was geared towards Tommie, since he runs an RT Cycloner (EDIT: But apparently he wasn't talking about himself using molten shell so my bad)

I had this in one of my other posts on this thread, but I'll repeat it here: PvP is a probability game.

If a crit EK uses block reduction gem, spell block goes to 30%. Spell dodge sits at 46%. That automatically drops the chances of it landing to 37.8%. What are the odds of it landing and critting? With a base crit chance of 5%, I'm guessing it's significantly lower. So even just flickering a crit EK shadow with no other strategy will give me a really nice probability of winning.

But on top of that, if I use whirling blades correctly, I can completely avoid molten shell unless it's supported by Increased AoE, which, with block reduction, makes effectively it a 2L spell with even less damage potential. This is ignoring the fact that I have 80% fire resistance from Saffel's. Can 20% of the damage from a 2L molten shell with a 20% - 25% chance of simultaneously hitting and critting be a consistent strategy against life flicker?

My personal experience is that it is not. Like I said, I had no issues dealing with it. Sure, sometimes I died because of it, but most of the time I didn't. You should ask shadowthefall how useful molten shell is against missuse. Maybe he has had different experience.

"
I don't use molten shell

gg, my bad

Last edited by Bhai on Jul 30, 2014, 1:03:33 PM
Np, also molten shell does too much dmg
"
Firebrand76 wrote:

well, here's my 2c on the matter. Since I play the build.

Vs other flicks that are not acrobatics I felt that I don't need to use any tactic apart clicking in the right time.

Vs trapers I have no idea what to do - to little exp vs them, have several tactic in mind, not sure any works

Vs bow punctures can be hard but victory is achievable

Vs other melee usually is OP, unless the melee is super tanky, than it becomes tricky

Vs chaos dot (poison arrow) can be pretty tricky

Vs EA, usually is ok, but BiS EA builds I have no idea how to beat ever.

Vs casters is pretty good overall, no matter what the spell combo they are using.

So its far from king of HLD just a good flicker build.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
"
missuse wrote:
"
Firebrand76 wrote:

Vs other flicks that are not acrobatics I felt that I don't need to use any tactic apart clicking in the right time.

Vs trapers I have no idea what to do - to little exp vs them, have several tactic in mind, not sure any works

Vs other melee usually is OP, unless the melee is super tanky, than it becomes tricky

Vs casters is pretty good overall, no matter what the spell combo they are using.

When im back we can try some,can also share some advices vs trappers, I remember we did 2 PvPs bbefore I went, 1-1 iirc :)
"
missuse wrote:

I still think your experience validates this build as the current strongest. What does the strongest build entail? It doesn't mean beat every other build 100% of the time. It means beating most builds with ease and having the tools to beat the rest with a high degree of consistency with maybe one or two exceptions.

I believe life flicker fits this category better than any other build currently being played. The only one that even comes close in my mind is puncture trap/bow because of the added benefit of range at the expense of less mobility and block. I honestly don't know anything about EA builds. I think Firebitch used to play one but never fought them outside of Sarn Arena.

I changed the title to avoid fixation on semantics. I didn't really want to talk about whether this build is the strongest or not. I would have preferred focus on its offensive and defensive mechanics (and their possible applicability to other builds) alongside different counter strategies. But this is great discussion all the same. TY for keeping it civil xD

Last edited by Bhai on Jul 31, 2014, 4:00:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info