Snapshotting

"
litesabr wrote:
After reading Mark's replies about righteous fire so far, I still am unclear on a point. If I socket RF + Empower + Enhance + Increased AOE in my offhand weapon that has +1 skill gems, will RF keep all the bonuses granted from the gems (including the +1 gem level) once cast and swapped back to primary weapon? Will the spell damage buffs from RF still be increased?
Yes, under the current system. Because the gem is removed, the in-progress action can't tell anything about the gem any more - including it's current (increased) level or what supports are on it - so it's forced to use the state it was in when it was last equipped.

It now sounds like Carl and Rory are keen for more changes to RF to make this less possible/useful, so that may not still be the case by the time the patch is deployed. I'll do my best to keep you guys posted.
"
litesabr wrote:
After reading Mark's replies about righteous fire so far, I still am unclear on a point. If I socket RF + Empower + Enhance + Increased AOE in my offhand weapon that has +1 skill gems, will RF keep all the bonuses granted from the gems (including the +1 gem level) once cast and swapped back to primary weapon? Will the spell damage buffs from RF still be increased?

EDIT: good timing!

IGN: ___I_Fink_U_Freeky___

Last edited by Klimentiy on Jun 18, 2014, 1:52:54 AM
"
Klimentiy wrote:
"
litesabr wrote:

Reply to this please.

I might actually consider starting playing again in August, even tho my current character utilizing snapshotting auras.
Ha! beat you to posting :P

EDIT: I'll probably be leaving for the night soon - I'll keep a vague eye on the thread at home, but probably more long replies until I get to work tomorrow, and I won't be checking my PMs much if at all until then. I will do my best to read through everything posted in the meantime and reply to as much as is practical.

Please keep the feedback coming, and don't hesitate to keep asking questions. I think I'm up to date with most of them now, but feel free to let me know if there's some I missed.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 18, 2014, 1:56:06 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
(evasive crap)

*ahem*

from post 1:

The majority of snapshotting is used in minion builds. Support gems and minion-augmenting items are swapped in and out to summon large numbers of unusually strong zombies and spectres without worrying about any of the item downsides.

you combined TWO DIFFERENT POINTS of mine from TWO DIFFERENT POSTS about TWO DIFFERENT THINGS... from TWO DIFFERENT PAGES.

1. going from weapon/shield slot A to B

2. raising different spectres (i can see how you're pretending to be confused, they're sooo similar!)

i can see why you think it's an exploit to run a gmp-supported spectre with a different gem supported sceptre, since they both use the same amount of slots, that's equal or lesser to the available number of slots. no downsides are evaded. what an exploit! winning! nothing's unusually strong - or even stronger, at all. IT'S THE EVEN STRENGTH EXPLOIT... OF ULTIMATE POWER! better nerf it quick!

this is just getting plain ridiculous. it would be one thing if you just admitted it was an oversight, or said there's nothing you can do about it. but you're just doubling-down on nonsense now (claiming that it encourages spectre diversity when it clearly does the opposite, claiming that items EQUIPPED in the alternate weapon/shield slot are unequipped... and that's why their gems gain xp!, implying that the +500 hp from grasp evens out losing 4-7 zombies, using different definitions of snapshotting whenever it suits you, etc).

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jun 18, 2014, 2:01:17 AM
Thanks, ruining multiple builds with 1 foul swoop, im impressed really. Lets allow something to persist for so long that people develop builds and start enjoying them. Then not be okay with it anymore and make everyone respec. Its great. Really you guys are awesome. Keep the awesome updates coming.
Basically I can kiss my RF Marauder good bye ,as far as I understood that.

I can`t afford a good 6L/Kaom's at the moment and IF the changes are not world-moving the dmg output on lvl 86 (6k life) is waaaaay to slow to clear 75+ maps or even Atziri.

Sad to see, as RF was the build I loved most until now by having tried atleats 10 different builds (on 10+ different chars up to lvl 60-70).

I never used snapshotting much (for Auras that is) .. only the Dual-Redbeak-Lowlife thingy.

Hope you give us some big "Love" after the change so we can sustain
beeing tanky-suicidal-Marauders!

Yours,
Last edited by Thyruss on Jun 18, 2014, 2:02:36 AM
Hey Mark,

Thanks so much for answering all of our questions. Must be tiring given the varying degrees of quality from this thread's questions.

I'm interested to hear about (potentially) more changes to RF's snapshotting. We've already established that activating RF then replacing it with a completely unrelated set of skill and support gems (hell, even a Kaom's) WILL STILL WORK under the (currently) planned changes.

zSavage has also posted another similar question in another thread:

"
zSavage wrote:
Or can I cast it in this 5L in my alt weapons

and then gear swap back to main?

I'm curious if I can still get the AoE from Carcass Jack w/o wearing it (I think not, but we'll see)

I think I could get the links from the searing touch, but not the damage, correct?
I think also your AoE would shrink once you unequip C. Jack.
But that Tabula is not a bad idea, heh. More MF!

My assumption based on the information in this thread is that this will also WORK. And I'm also assuming that the dev team DOESN'T want that to work, but it's a much more technically challenging case to tackle.
Last edited by elitedesolator on Jun 18, 2014, 2:02:15 AM
Summoners feel salty. Guyz you do realize that yol'll probably will get nice buffs after snapshotting fix. What's the point of crying before you saw the actual changes? Also there is already several summoners here posted that they are completly fine with update.
TLDR:delicious summoners tears
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
(evasive crap)

*ahem*

from post 1:

The majority of snapshotting is used in minion builds. Support gems and minion-augmenting items are swapped in and out to summon large numbers of unusually strong zombies and spectres without worrying about any of the item downsides.

you combined TWO DIFFERENT POINTS of mine from TWO DIFFERENT POSTS about TWO DIFFERENT THINGS... from TWO DIFFERENT PAGES.

1. going from weapon/shield slot A to B

2. raising different spectres (i can see how you're pretending to be confused, they're sooo similar!)

i can see why you think it's an exploit to run a gmp-supported spectre with a different gem supported sceptre, since they both use the same amount of slots, that's equal or lesser to the available number of slots. what an exploit! winning! nothing's unusually stong - or even stronger, at all. IT'S THE EVEN STRENGTH EXPLOIT... OF ULTIMATE POWER! better nerf it quick!

this is just getting plain ridiculous. it would be one thing if you just admitted it was an oversight, or said there's nothing you can do about it. but you're just doubling-down on nonsense now.

chill brah.

if you don't like the state/direction of the game, and it seems pretty obvious - don't like the developers - then move the fuck on!

Perhaps try redirecting your energy into something productive instead... just a "hommie" advice bud.

IGN: ___I_Fink_U_Freeky___

"
Esp3r wrote:
Summoners feel salty. Guyz you do realize that yol'll probably will get nice buffs after snapshotting fix. What's the point of crying before you saw the actual changes? Also there is already several summoners here posted that they are completly fine with update.
TLDR:delicious summoners tears

buffs won't mean much when we're having to run the same spectres, and losing all diversity.

the claim was that snapshotting is tedious/mundane. it just so happens that the "fix" seems to have unintended (i hope) consequences of making it downright stupid to run different types of spectres.

tl;dr - this seems boring, so let's go and make it reallly boring!
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info