Fix Conversion Trap

"
u told me he was max chaos res at some point. I assumed that was in the video too. You told me you were going to put a recent video up and that video was the latest in the last 3 months. I dont know why you put a video of you fighting against him without max chaos res when we were talking about how he was so hard to play against with it. Fair assumption imo.

You're right, I didn't put that in the description or mention it earlier. Still, imagine that game with him taking 1/4th of the damage. I'm barely winning vs 0 chaos res; you can imagine what a complete joke it becomes vs 75. I don't even use viper in that case.
"
MrEnzyme wrote:
"
u told me he was max chaos res at some point. I assumed that was in the video too. You told me you were going to put a recent video up and that video was the latest in the last 3 months. I dont know why you put a video of you fighting against him without max chaos res when we were talking about how he was so hard to play against with it. Fair assumption imo.

You're right, I didn't put that in the description or mention it earlier. Still, imagine that game with him taking 1/4th of the damage. I'm barely winning vs 0 chaos res; you can imagine what a complete joke it becomes vs 75. I don't even use viper in that case.

that sounds more reasonable. I thought that was max chaos res which was scary op at first thought LOL
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

The +50% chaos resist remains during your flask effect even if you take them off after using a flask. When do you have time to be fiddling around with gear you might ask? I prefer to do it when i'm converted.

Peace~

"
Impulse36 wrote:

The +50% chaos resist remains during your flask effect even if you take them off after using a flask. When do you have time to be fiddling around with gear you might ask? I prefer to do it when i'm converted.

Peace~

this setup you are displaying is not what beastmode uses to counter because the duration of enzymes VS charges is much longer than the effectiveness of pots for dusktoe. Even if u did pop a flask and had 75 chaos res, you would be converted for 2x the duration of the flask. Rinse, wash, and repeat. Not saying dusktoe isnt normally a good counter, just vs conversion trap VS on a decent build with +3 VS and huge duration. I do agree, people struggling with conversion trap should definitely carry a rejuv totem around, and possibly try to get a +1 corrupted item with atleast a RR link for empower and rejuv.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Yeah i'd probably recommend a regular health pot for 6 seconds of 50% chaos resist, or an extended duration pot (9 seconds?). I was just dropping those items into the discussion. I wouldn't bother using dusk toe with an amethyst flask. seems highly inefficient. It would be one or the other. I also have no idea what beast does because reading is hard.
He swaps gear out to get max chaos res passively. Viper is pretty shitty vs 0 res so having 75 just kills it for good. Pretty much every build can get a swap setup for chaos using whatever rare slots they have, too. It might be a sacrifice to do that but when the upside is nullifying viper almost completely it's a no-brainer. If you have that you don't need to waste time with dusktoe or amethyst flasks; viper just deals no damage and they have to use something else.
I feel like those in favor to keep Conversion Trap exactly the same with no changes, have not played sufficient 4v4/5v5/6v6. ppl stop playing one by one. The duration is absurd. Not being able to deal any damage while your team gets crushed is not skill. And even if you destroy 75% of traps with arc, your bound to get on right on top of your head or to walk on one you didn't see (which is common since evry1 starts using it). it becomes a nightmare, not a skill based match.

Users have decided against it on poearena and so it will not be in the teams tournament. I'd like anyone to organize a teams tournament with it enabled and show me footage proving that it is fun for players, the audience and not overpowered in that scenario.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jun 24, 2014, 8:26:45 PM
Is it over powered or just annoying though? What other options do non-melee have for defense in LLD? As an archer, getting rush flickered is pretty hard to counter otherwise.

At least in HLD one can use dodge and/or CWDT with immortal call. Kaom's is also available to boost tankiness.

I hardly ever 1v1. Mainly 3v3 and above.

Is it melee mainly calling for the ban or casters, archers, summoners etc..., all of the above?
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Jun 24, 2014, 11:11:05 PM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
Is it over powered or just annoying though? What other options do non-melee have for defense in LLD? As an archer, getting rush flickered is pretty hard to counter otherwise.

At least in HLD one can use dodge and/or CWDT with immortal call. Kaom's is also available to boost tankiness.

I hardly ever 1v1. Mainly 3v3 and above.

Is it melee mainly calling for the ban or casters, archers, summoners etc..., all of the above?

It's lazy people who want to get back to holding left mouse button. Arc, rain of arrows with a fast bow, any trap+multitrap, and having your allies convert you back are all ways to deal with conversion in teams, and none of them require any passive investment at all. A trap you can't just walk over and ignore though? That's way too much to ask. If you couldn't use literally every mobility skill to move while bear trapped these people would be whining about that too.
We don't want to remove it entirely (i.e. make it not work on players) but the ability to convert opponents almost constantly is too strong/too abusable. The fact that it is banned outright in at least some dedicated PvP circles is telling.

It is an interesting skill to use against summoners, though.

One possible solution we were debating is to have Conversion Trap only work once per player per round (for Arena matches, not CTF/FFA). So it would still have some utility but couldn't be spammed constantly. (It's also extremely easy to implement, which is a bonus - at least for us :P)

I suppose we could dramatically reduce the duration when used on players, but then I suspect people would just never use it (on players), so that first idea is probably more interesting.

What do you guys think about this? Or do you have any other ideas?
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info