Fix Conversion Trap

"
andkamen wrote:
"
Oats_PT wrote:
@greendude
If echo is used in lld then I have no doubt in my mind that he would be unbeatable. Although it would be refreshing to see the meta shift towards casters in lld.

Although its refreshing to see change, shifting from 1 build domination all to another domination all is still bad.

What I'd like to see more is a rock-paper-scissors type of thing where no build can defeat all other builds relatively easy. That will just make most people stick to 1-2 builds and ultimately kills diversity imo

Of course we all want perfect balance, you are stating the obvious there. there are rarely any games with perfect balance and POE is no exception. There will always be that one build that stands out above the rest. but if what Oats_PT says is true and he gets beaten by EK casters then i would say balance is in a pretty good place right now
"
Rhys wrote:
We don't want to remove it entirely (i.e. make it not work on players) but the ability to convert opponents almost constantly is too strong/too abusable. The fact that it is banned outright in at least some dedicated PvP circles is telling.

It is an interesting skill to use against summoners, though.

One possible solution we were debating is to have Conversion Trap only work once per player per round (for Arena matches, not CTF/FFA). So it would still have some utility but couldn't be spammed constantly. (It's also extremely easy to implement, which is a bonus - at least for us :P)

I suppose we could dramatically reduce the duration when used on players, but then I suspect people would just never use it (on players), so that first idea is probably more interesting.

What do you guys think about this? Or do you have any other ideas?

I like the idea of limiting it to one use per round. :D
This would allow the user to use it in an emergency such as when they are down to almost no life.
Last edited by JunGunz on Aug 2, 2014, 11:14:07 AM
"
JunGunz wrote:

I like the idea of limiting it to one use per round. :D
This would allow the user to use it in an emergency such as when they are down to almost no life.

Yes but your only looking it at with that one scenario. "Oh look, it has a good use when your in an emergency situation in a one on one".

Although this may be correct, it is broken in other places.

That solution still doesn't fix teams where people can 3v2 or 3v1 if someone gets caught by the trap. And I haven't even mentioned Multiple Traps yet...

It would still be strong with Viper Strike or Puncture combo too.

As long as it works on players; I can guarantee that at least in teams tournaments it will always be successfully banned via voting.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Aug 2, 2014, 1:45:43 PM
even in 3v3 one trigger per duel could be fine
Last edited by Pillowapnts on Aug 7, 2014, 3:36:10 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
As long as it works on players; I can guarantee that at least in teams tournaments it will always be successfully banned via voting.

I bet if we put up the vote to ban conversion trap in 1v1 it will get banned also.
only work with traps, mines and totems, guardians, minions, and if ever on players VERY reduced amount of time. Should never exceed 2-4 seconds imo.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info