Exile Arena Invitational

Hey guys! So if you haven't already checked out poearena.com, you may not be aware that we plan on hosting tournaments, with some great prizes (you'll see ;) )

I have set up an example event that can be found here: http://poearena.com/index.php?/tournaments/

This is the structure that I would like. It would consist of a qualifier league where players can play against one another, one time each. They would have about 2-3 weeks to add other players and duel them when they are online and then send the scores in. When that's over, the top 8 will be selected for the Exile Arena Invitational.

My question is: What should the first event be? Please vote here:
http://strawpoll.me/1695248 (Select Gateway & League & Lvl bracket. Multiple choice!)

The one which has the most votes will be the first tournament we do. The tournament and the website will be announced on reddit to gain more participants, but only after the 2week race in order to keep both seperate. Your feedback is very important and I'd like the first event to have many participants so we can test out our tournaments platform and stats tracking.

If you haven't already, sign up! www.poearena.com
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on May 15, 2014, 1:48:48 AM
Woo! Go Low Lvl 28!
"
VZ58 wrote:
Woo! Go Low Lvl 28!
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
"
VZ58 wrote:
Woo! Go Low Lvl 28!

I just hope the people voting will also sign up! This is to check the possible participation rate for the tournament lol.
I just realized I forgot to check the other boxes. lol. I only voted for LLD, I meant to also vote for SC and NA server.
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
www.twitch.tv/varanice
"
Varanice wrote:
I just realized I forgot to check the other boxes. lol. I only voted for LLD, I meant to also vote for SC and NA server.

I won't be voting to avoid influencing the votes. So instead I'll use my vote to check off SC and NA for you :P
Last edited by GreenDude on May 15, 2014, 1:50:13 AM
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
VZ58 wrote:
Woo! Go Low Lvl 28!

I just hope the people voting will also sign up! This is to check the possible participation rate for the tournament lol.

I'll be signing up! Also going to try and write up a pvp guide on the forums for ya soon! Probably do my Pillar build and see if anyone can improve it. Fun, effective and fairly cheap for a pvp build.
About the realm (NA or EU), I don't think we have enough people to afford to partition like that yet and lose a lot of potential players. Having 110-120+ ping playing cross-realm instead of the normal 50-60 isn't great, but I'd rather have that in some of the games than have a much smaller tournament. I am in the east part of NA though, so maybe people on the west coast have worse experiences playing in EU instances (and vice versa). What do people think?
"
MrEnzyme wrote:
About the realm (NA or EU), I don't think we have enough people to afford to partition like that yet and lose a lot of potential players. Having 110-120+ ping playing cross-realm instead of the normal 50-60 isn't great, but I'd rather have that in some of the games than have a much smaller tournament. I am in the east part of NA though, so maybe people on the west coast have worse experiences playing in EU instances (and vice versa). What do people think?

Im east coast NA, but I get anywhere from 100-250 ping on EU depending on the day.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
"
MrEnzyme wrote:

Well i didnt want to mention this cause its unconfirmed yet but :

I plan on announcing the site & tournament on reddit after i get confirmation of prizes. I've sent Chris an email and we could maybe see some GGG support with prizes. By having them endorse it with official prizes, a lot of new guy will make a char and play for fun. Its not unrealistic to get 30-50 ppl if prizes come through.

Remember so far ive only talked about poearena on this forum section that very few ppl actually read.

So if we can get say 40 ppl in an event with seperate gateways then thats perfect. I want this to be poe's pvp competitive scene even after pvp events arrive. Their event wont always represent the best pvpers and thats why poearena is needed for real organised tourneys. Ping can influence a match pretty heavily in some cases.
Last edited by GreenDude on May 15, 2014, 12:07:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info