Working on a site dedicated to pvp, need some help.

So i bought the url: poearena.com recently and i'm looking for help with suggestions to make it a great place to trade, theorycraft, post or discussion builds, organise events and find guilds or players for teams. I'd like the site to be up and running b4 pvp tournaments starts.

The current look of the website is temporary, i have someone working on the css/html.

The website will need mods too eventually and those priviledges will be given to those who care about the site and understand the platform i am trying to create.

You may post here or on the website your suggestions or anything that can contribute :)

-GreenDude
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on May 7, 2014, 11:51:52 AM
I like the idea of a site dedicated to PoE PvP, I'll post some guides to introduce PvP to new players.

About the site, test, I don't know if it's intended, but the light green on the gray background makes it really difficult to read.

I'm glad to see some people working to make PvP more active, hope this will work great :)
IGN: DullahanTheHeadless
I'll start putting out some build content shortly.
"
I like the idea of a site dedicated to PoE PvP, I'll post some guides to introduce PvP to new players.

About the site, test, I don't know if it's intended, but the light green on the gray background makes it really difficult to read.

I'm glad to see some people working to make PvP more active, hope this will work great :)

Sorry i tried doing the css myself and failed. Im having one of poe reddit's moderators redo it properly. Ideally i want it to look similar to the official poe forums so players feel at home.

Thanks for the guides. For my first contribution, im planning on making perhaps a ressource indexer that links to valuable stuff like a list of uniques wearable at lvl 28 or guides for beginners/advanced players, etc

Im sure we can get a lot of good content to attract ppl and then eventually it can be used for theorycrafting + trading + making teams.
Last edited by GreenDude on May 7, 2014, 1:30:17 PM
Hope it takes off, good luck. :)
Thanks for your support! Hooefully when its ready you'll sign up too :)
Nice site, I can put up some build stuff for LLD too, just have to get some recordings done.

Do we actually think they're ever releasing pvp tournaments though? Every time I contact them to ask about it I either get ignored or basically a non-response on an actual timeframe. Which says to me that they don't care. Even in the recent podcast Chris said they put a "small" amount of development towards "races and pvp", which we can sort of assume just means "races".
"
MrEnzyme wrote:
Nice site, I can put up some build stuff for LLD too, just have to get some recordings done.

Do we actually think they're ever releasing pvp tournaments though? Every time I contact them to ask about it I either get ignored or basically a non-response on an actual timeframe. Which says to me that they don't care. Even in the recent podcast Chris said they put a "small" amount of development towards "races and pvp", which we can sort of assume just means "races".

Its def coming. They already talked about a prototype where u can see live statistics ingame for such events and theyve already started a bunch of alt art unique rewards for pvp. Stay strong!

And thanks im looking forward to your contributions on the site :)
New site updates:

-Added tournament platform. Includes join/create teams, statistics, rankings, tournaments, qualifiers; basicly everything you need for real organised tournaments.

-Using a nice looking, temporary skin until the custom one is done.

-Will now be filling up forums with resources and preparing the first tournament. The tournament will be entirely managed from the forums and so it will require participants to have a forum account, so hopefully by starting our first tournaments this will increase the amount of forum accounts.
I really like the idea i'm going to sign up to your site for sure with the rest of my clan when it's done.

Keep posting what you do and i will definatly follow your work and give you some ideas if i find some.

First thing that comes to my mind is you're going to seperate the forum for each different league or everything together ?

Just sayin im currently inactive in game, quite busy at work but i will keep looking the forum to check shit out.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on May 8, 2014, 6:53:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info