PvP Damage Tool TIP

I RETRACT MY PREVIOUS STATEMENT

jk I appreciate that you guys are trying at least :)

We really need SOMETHING though. Publishing info on the pvp nerfs and buffs so they can be wiki-fied would be a lot better than the current situation.

Even simply publishing a LIST of which skills are basically nerfed and which (if any) are basically buffed for PVP would be a good start!

It's also interesting to learn that minions etc. are treated as PvE in PvP. Thanks for that tidbit.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Jul 1, 2014, 9:41:44 PM
Atleast give us a way to know how much damage we are doing to other players, i dont mind not seeing it on my tooltip but i'd like having a precise number of my pvp dps
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Don't even look at tooltip in pvp, it's not the dps that matters
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
Don't even look at tooltip in pvp, it's not the dps that matters

although u are somewhat right I would say that knowing your actual damage and how to increase it properly does matter.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
What about displaying damage numbers above the player you are hitting like how d3 displays your damage and crit each hit youd probably want to make it so that players could toggle this feature on and off. Or maybe make it so your tool tip DPS in the arena is based off the last person you hit?
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
What about displaying damage numbers above the player you are hitting like how d3 displays your damage and crit each hit youd probably want to make it so that players could toggle this feature on and off. Or maybe make it so your tool tip DPS in the arena is based off the last person you hit?

No.

This has been discussed many times from pve users. The community does NOT want this and the devs themselves said they didnt want this in an interview. It hurts the experience imo. Anyway I won't explain that too much as I've already commented on the reddit discussion about it b4.
IGN: @GreenDude
My suggestion is to apply these things for PvP only. I dont use reddit so i havnt seen these discussions why not share your opinion on these forums or at least link to the reddit thread. My experience has been that the pvp community does want something that lets them know how much damage they are doing. It dosnt have to be numbers displayed above the players your hitting it can be anything really. Like typing /display last hit or something in chat. I'm often asked by people to let them hit me in pvp so that I can tell them how much damage they do when they crit and non crit.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
@lllllDethkloklllll

Here is a reply from Chris in one of the three threads about this same issue.
"
I honestly don't feel we've "disabled" or are "missing" this feature. Traditionally, Action RPGs did not have it (as a conscious design choice - its presence in other games predates these by many years). Some contemporary Action RPGs did decide to spam the screen with numbers and "Evaded!", but we feel that was massively detrimental to the gameplay.

We want players to look at what's going on in the scene - the size of the impact effects and what happens to the monsters, rather than have this display cluttered with numbers.

In addition, due to lag, it's not simple to get accurate numbers to even be known to the client at the right point in time for many players.

Source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/17bntw/ui_question_show_dmg_donetaken/c84dmz5
Last edited by GreenDude on Jul 18, 2014, 8:19:19 PM
A simple post labeled "pvp patch notes" with the damage formula and any other pvp alterations would suffice.
Dublicious
"
ddub3987 wrote:
A simple post labeled "pvp patch notes" with the damage formula and any other pvp alterations would suffice.

I've started such a list. And i do plan on adding any future changes. But i'm too lazy to go back into old patches and add the old ones. (since game release)

http://poearena.com/index.php?/topic/68-pvp-patch-notes/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info