Terrible at Docks. Why?

I am so bad at docks, personal best only level 30 (and only once too...)
Is it worth travelling to Docks in 100 min seed if you fail to kill Vaal under 70 minutes? I've killed him once in 65 minutes but even then I wasn't so sure if it was worth the risk/reward.
Well you can check ladder if someone with same class is ahead of you, and if some guys there (you are not top 3 class/difference in exp is insane), go full clear catacombs at 26. If no one there and no one is catching you - farm sarn till 26. You'll need to grind it 15 min more anyway. Then check again, if someone is catching and if you find some sick fire res+hp gear, try to go to docks. I do this if i got shit run or if i did full clears earlier. But if you are experienced in races you should push do docks anyway asap.
Actually remembered that if you will check ladders manually, you will lost lot of time, better always try to push to docks.
Docks is insane exp if you can farm it right. Any minute you lost not farming docks cost you hundreds thousands of experience
Also this can be all wrong cus im bad at races
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Feb 18, 2014, 12:22:51 AM
Also I forgot to mention, the docks absolutely blows in the Sig. People end up with decent XP\5 because its fixed, but in reality its one of the worst configurations.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Hilbert wrote:
Optimal Brutus Time: 10 min level 8,5 (I had 11 once)
Regular Top Brutus time 13-15min

Optimal Merv Time: 20 min level 12
Regular Top Merv Time: 23-25min

Optimal Vaaltime: 50min
Regular Top Vaal Time: 55-57min

Sarn and Docks in this sig are totally luck based.

But in your case you were heavily underleveled.

You will Vaal at end of 20 or 21 if you got lucky higher.

Then you do Sarn runs till 25,x best would be 25,6 but early 25 works too if you got luck.

Skip everything in Slums.

Level up to 26,x in Warehouses. Note that you should always keep LR rings.
Warehouses is the only area offering a good density. The others are Sewers but you don't kill piety.

Skip everything in Marketplace.

Kill mobs on the path in Battlefront.

Get WP. Go docks.

If you got 2 QS flasks restart from Battlefront.

There are 2 fixed champspots at Docks.

is there any templar VoD coming close to this times? would love to see one.
"
Morsexier wrote:
Also I forgot to mention, the docks absolutely blows in the Sig. People end up with decent XP\5 because its fixed, but in reality its one of the worst configurations.

Its small, linear and without much room for zoomhack-friendly offscreen blue packs. Could have been alot worse.
IGN: KoTao
"
Metronomy wrote:
Just as a common example, I got to docks this most recent race (S06S156):

One level off the top shadow (me 26.2, him 27)
I level to 27, he has hit level 29
I level to 28, he has hit level 31
I finish the race @ 29.1, top is level 32

Very similar almost every race for me, depending on my vaal time I seem to get up to level 30 max (It happened only when I had a 1.00 hour vaal time)
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
Metronomy wrote:
Just as a common example, I got to docks this most recent race (S06S156):

One level off the top shadow (me 26.2, him 27)
I level to 27, he has hit level 29
I level to 28, he has hit level 31
I finish the race @ 29.1, top is level 32

Very similar almost every race for me, depending on my vaal time I seem to get up to level 30 max (It happened only when I had a 1.00 hour vaal time)

What is your dps / life / fire res? Getting a bit tanky for docks can help with downtime so you don't have to back off as much.
Don't you always lose a couple of minutes killing fairgraves? ;)
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
@Rithz
Everbody knows that drops matter. Tell the devs not to nerf my drops into oblivion and gimme a 100% luck run and you will see me win.
If you don't got MS you are screwed last sig I had a phone call and I lost 6 min but I found 4 QS flasks that made up that time.
The issue there was the MSboots receipe I found an Aug at docks when the league ended in 5 min.

Metro full 26-27 takes more than twice the time in docks than 27-28.
Where you could easily win time is Act1.

While I should do better in Act2 but doing act 2 with a chopper is a pain in the ass.

@roboticon
He doesn't kill Fairgraves every race.

That was his CB 3h signature. I think Metro was one of the LA Ranger players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info