Terrible at Docks. Why?

working hard on hitting sarn in under 1 hour on sig, best result after 20+ sig races with map open is 1:05 with ms and double qs...
wasting at least 5 min in a1 and 5 min in a2, cant figure out how to fix this shit :(
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Feb 16, 2014, 4:29:37 AM
They are trolling haters, who want to keep their demigods.
You can read their posts in 100min sig and easily find out their record runs provide much luck.

Nothing is wrong there.

The formula for optimal exp is +4 levels on area level +5 on high density levels and +5,5 on docks.
Note that 26-27 will take longer than 27-29.

Note that MS boots mean couple of minutes.

This is how it looked like when I found Ms boots and a rare Driftwood Maul(even he had only 2-4 cold damage and barely any addtional damage) of Hillock.

2014/01/26 02:07:11 973043662 1e0 [INFO Client 741972] *: RemoveBrutusRP is the first to reach level 6!
2014/01/26 02:07:40 973073396 1e0 [INFO Client 741972] *: RemoveBrutusRP is the first to enter The Climb in Normal!
2014/01/26 02:08:11 973164017 1e0 [INFO Client 741972] *: RemoveBrutusRP is the first to enter The Lower Prison in Normal!
2014/01/26 02:09:04 973217619 1e0 [INFO Client 741972] *: RemoveBrutusRP is the first to enter The Upper Prison in Normal!
2014/01/26 02:11:36 973368846 1e0 [INFO Client 741972] *: RemoveBrutusRP is the first to kill Brutus in Normal!

I had level 8,5 at that kill.
Note that killing him first not being a Scion is only possible with that much luck.
I should have got another Brutus kill at 15 min but forgot the character name.

Here are other Brutus times:
2014/01/29 19:13:21 1293813807 1e0 [INFO Client 274364] *: BiggusDickulus is the first to kill Brutus in Normal!
2014/01/30 21:13:18 1387411349 1e0 [INFO Client 201116] *: BiggusDickulus is the first to kill Brutus in Normal!
2014/01/31 13:16:51 1445223963 1e0 [INFO Client 257668] *: dooooooley is the first to kill Brutus in Normal!
2014/02/01 17:15:19 1545931672 1e0 [INFO Client 803856] *: __Jaquill__ is the first to kill Brutus in Normal!
2014/02/02 14:15:02 1758724 1e0 [INFO Client 3076] *: BiggusDickulus is the first to kill Brutus in Normal!

Best would be you check your log.

"
Sarns a straight line as always and docks in this sig is a race-perfect layout- small, linear and next to no backtracking needed to clear the blue packs. Sarns high density and the fact that everyone runs it multiple times mostly averages out its blue:white ratio, and you even mention docks fixed champion packs later on in your post, so wheres the luck coming from?

In density. For example last race I participated(level 28)
Metronomy caught up in Sarn and passed me by a half level because I had next to no champs and horrible density.

When I got to docks I passed him again. because beside the fixed champpacks I had maps with more champpacks.

It looked like:

C C W
C N N
C C N

In fact those few champpacks were enough to catch up a half level difference.

"
Warehouses and battlefront generally provide decent density and should be able to get you all or most of the way from 26 to 27 during the run from sarn to docks.

I prefer Warehouses. There are no lightning Thorns which hurt really badly. The density is good on the way to the exit and if you need exp you only enter a Warehouse and kill some undyings.
The Battlefront WP is closer to the Docks entrance than the Docks WP.
In general you are right. But in the sig Warehouses is clearly the better option.

"
Should mention that skipping everything in marketplace (as mentioned in hilberts ealier post) can be questionable.

It depends on the build and skill gems and if you go straight up after Marceus or if you go to the WP first.

Decoy Totem-->Rush
Leap Slam-->Rush
Found or got any gem with Meatshield Minions->Rush

In other cases just put on the armor again.

In my runs I saw some puncture packs at the beginning but never after Marceus if you walk straight up. A greater flask is enough to counter puncture of 1-2 undyings.
Puncture in Ancient Pyramid is far more critical because there is a big chance that you will be hit by projectiles.

"
Those are the average times I aim for as witch to do decently.

Yeah Witch.

ST all other classes got better times :p

"
working hard on hitting sarn in under 1 hour on sig, best result after 20+ sig races with map open is 1:05 with ms and double qs...
wasting at least 5 min in a1 and 5 min in a2, cant figure out how to fix this shit :(

Don't do the passage in Western Forest 1 min.
TP at Weaver and get Western Forst WP 1 min

The other stuff is rather how do you optimize your experience.
Do you do the bandits before getting to cavern or do you get cavern wp first.
How much did you kill in River Crossings.
Sidestops to get into the 4 level gap again are the issue.

For example Coves got a big fixed champ+rare pack in the inner path, which makes it the optimal path.

This kind of experimenting is pissing me off because after some runs I found out that there are some fixed champpacks some racers only saw because they use a zoomhack.

It makes a huge difference if you kill the covespack or if you have to kill every dumb squid in Wrath to reach level 11-12.

i do everything like top players, just 2 times slower :)))
t.me/jstqw for contact
Even when you know what you should be doing, sometimes you still lose time and you don't know exactly what you are doing wrong.
Most of the time its small things that accumulate to reaching docks 5-10 minutes late.

That happens to me a lot when i race as Marauder.

I think the best way is to stream or fraps your own race and then watch yourself later.
I noticed a lot of mistakes that i do just rewatching my runs, things that i don't notice while running because im focused on so many things.

You could also find a vod of a good racer and compare your run to his side by side (try a run where both your gear and his gear is similar).
Although there are multiple factors that can influence the run, if you do that, it gives you a general sense of how much time you lose in each segment.
when i play shadow in signatures most of the times i got destroyed in docks and my st dps is soo low..
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
reboticon wrote:
So what's wrong with what hilbert posted?

Lets see I guess ill just start from the top:

- His optimal times are basically impossible unless you maphack and get 3 blue packs in every zone.

- Most people are killing vaal mid/high 21 to 22 lvl range. This is ranging them from 53 minutes to 1 hour in the FIXED signature race.

- skipping huge packs of mobs is a waste in every zone. you should always be killing mobs that are the least danagerous and huge packs/blue packs/rares.

- restarting docks from battlefront is just terrible and wrong in so many ways..

The way you farm in docks well is making sure you save your best currency (usually an alchemy orb to do the rare rustic sash recipe) for your final weapon. Along with hope movespeed boots and an extra quicksilver drops. You also want enough fire resist/armor to be able to tank the damage in there. I recommend wearing armor/evasion gear but obviously you gotta prioritize your links and movespeed first. If you roll enough life gear you'd be able to tank and kill more effectivly than someone who is a glass cannon.

You want to also make sure you kill every rare (unless super danagerous/ time consuming)/blue pack you see along the way and make sure you TP at the end of the 2nd fixed blue pack and restart from the docks waypoint.
Last edited by Rithz on Feb 16, 2014, 5:12:27 PM
"
tagpt wrote:

I think the best way is to stream or fraps your own race and then watch yourself later.
I noticed a lot of mistakes that i do just rewatching my runs, things that i don't notice while running because im focused on so many things.

I really wanted to do this seasons ago, but every recording software makes my game fps take a dump. Such a shame, because I think this is probably the best thing you could do for yourself. It's really difficult to improve past a certain point without being able to watch yourself, as these "invisible" time leaks are really hard to spot during a race.
Last edited by boof on Feb 16, 2014, 6:57:01 PM
"
boof wrote:
I really wanted to do this seasons ago, but every recording software makes my game fps take a dump.

You could probably do it with janimauk video settings.
account number 3
"
unsane3 wrote:
"
boof wrote:
I really wanted to do this seasons ago, but every recording software makes my game fps take a dump.

You could probably do it with janimauk video settings.

Runescape settings!
"
Hilbert wrote:

Nothing is wrong there.

Trolling at his best. No one kills him at 10 minutes in a sig race.

He has been killed at 10 min 30 sec twice in a burst race, by a spectral throw who doesnt do hailrake, which is a quest they would never skip in a sig race.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info