Changes for Season 7

Changes for season 7.

Make 1 week races post season events to avoid scheduling conflicts.
Balance Descent and bring it back.
Bring back Ele Cleave for Templar or RIOT
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
You could add 3 minutes to each boss and their group would still dominate. It's the only group with a bunch of top racers, that's really all there is to it. Look at things like 90min turbo party. Everyone else farms sins or crypt but they go through pyramid, because most people are playing solo and Weaver is a huge obstacle that way. With such a lack of any other real groups/competition, they should seriously cut down on the number of party races or make them duo races. It's a bit stupid.

I get third Scion in such races going solo......(I refuse to play on AUS I always die there to 500 ms potions Metro :p )

I even got 6th Scion progressing in Act 3 in Fracture Immolation.(could be easily level 32)
Yet I can claim full HP bosses would have killed some of them. Especially in harder races.

There are good racers but either they leave after certain reward.(Who the hell wants that shitty amu for 360 points?)
Or they reroll several accounts to receive multiple level 100/135 pt rewards.

"
Regarding my signature races, what are those "times" you are talking about? Vaal kill times? I've only done 4 sigs this season and the vaal times were:
1) Scion - 58m
2) Scion - 54m
3) Ranger - 1h05m (remade for practice after hailrake death)
4) Templar - 1h03m

Twitch is slow as hell so I skip to certain times and I used video times.

"
You ever just think that maybe its you? Maybe there are ppl that are just better racers than you? Why do the ppl that are doing well have to be cheaters? I'm sure there are ppl that cheat but just randomly accusing ppl of cheating isn't really needed.

Learn to quote please.
First some players got RMT board accounts and their pictures shows 3rd party tools in other games.
I know some players got banned for an AHBot in D3.
Some players got caught using illegal tools on stream.
Others clearly RMT.

So you expect me those to be legit players in PoE?

I never denied that there are better players. But the huge difference is. Some players have totally ruined races where they perform really bad. Some average time and quiet good times.
Then there are racers who have not a single fuck up race, aka get stuck in passage/sins etc.

"
muling should never be taken out of races

Don't worry other better witch players also mule FireTrap.

"
Make 1 week races post season events to avoid scheduling conflicts.

Either that or don't make them affect the shedule like 2 races in 24h.

Forgot about that.

"
Bring back Ele Cleave for Templar or RIOT

Nerf ST. Make returning projectiles do less damage. :p
"
Hilbert wrote:
Nerf ST. Make returning projectiles do less damage. :p

I think buffing everything else is the way to go, rather than nerfing ST. I've done a lot of ST this season, and it's just fun to use. When i went back to e.g. Ground Slam, i just hated life. And GS is one of the better alternatives. :P
account number 2
"
Learn to quote please.
First some players got RMT board accounts and their pictures shows 3rd party tools in other games.
I know some players got banned for an AHBot in D3.
Some players got caught using illegal tools on stream.
Others clearly RMT.

So you expect me those to be legit players in PoE?

I never denied that there are better players. But the huge difference is. Some players have totally ruined races where they perform really bad. Some average time and quiet good times.
Then there are racers who have not a single fuck up race, aka get stuck in passage/sins etc.

So what does rmt do for you in a race? As far as the ppl that are always doing well in races some ppl are good at the game man a lot of ppl have the layouts memorized. You act like getting stuck in a zone is a race killer. You lose a bit of time but it's not the end of the world. My friend just got 3rd shadow record after he died to hailrake at the beginning of the race. Setbacks happen its how you react to them that matters.

My wishlist:

- Bring back Descent.
- Descent Champions season 7 signature.
- No more week races during the season.
- No more giving away 1000 and 600 point rewards if week races do stay around.
- Less ridiculous time gaps between races.

By the way does season 7 start when the new leagues are released ? March 5th ?
"
I think buffing everything else is the way to go, rather than nerfing ST. I've done a lot of ST this season, and it's just fun to use. When i went back to e.g. Ground Slam, i just hated life. And GS is one of the better alternatives. :P

I always said that nerfing is the wrong way and makes players quit.
But the devs then claim "The game becomes too easy if we buff everything"
But they don't answer to:"Then make it harder after the game seems too easy"

Instead the change stuff to the bad to piss players of just for a future change in 2+ weeks, like the DoT change several weeks before the DoT nodes came.
Or the Chaos Damage nerf weeks before the nodes came.

That's just bad style.

Same thing with racing.
They added the Whetstone receipe at the end of the season and suddenly everybody did far better in the last races. And the Rare Belt one is powerful enough to generate Sigrecord weapons that time.

I have never seen devs undo a change shortly after the initial change.
The only change back was a semichange back such as 8%->6->8% life nodes. But those took 3 months.
But what we saw several times are last minute decisions like Chaos Resists.

Playing around without community feedback is bad for the game.
Devs like to use invisible feedback as an excuse.
In CB the threads were the feedback source.
Now we see some changes that got next to no threads on the forum and the changes are explained with "We got a lot of positive feedback towards X"

But I can't find many threads or reddits for X.
And the way devs use positive and negative feedback they should be on an equal level.

Razer Advertisement got a destructive shitstorm.
Loot Allocation got a negative shitstorm.

But yet the devs use a lot of negative feedback, so in terms of balance the positive feedback on changes should be on the same level. But I can't find it.
"
MajorMudfish wrote:
My wishlist:

Please no.
I would be so disappointed if it was the next sig.

The early zones are so bad, you can easily lose 2-3 minutes just running around hitting huge deadends.
The original Descent being a signature already proved that it was a bad idea.

Not giving each class access to their best gems means records will be set by a good racer who finds the gem.
Not having access to the vendor means you can not mitigate bad RNG making it a frustrating racing experience.

The balance of the three last zones is just.....yeah...
Last edited by tagpt on Feb 13, 2014, 8:09:48 AM
"
MajorMudfish wrote:

Hell no. That "race" has to go away, period.

It's the only "race" that people can finish before the time runs out. What a ridiculous notion. I'll never play a Descent:Champions ever again, it's just the most retarded race in existence.

I'm all for variety, but Descent: Champions will never be more than a fun race, it's just way too random as a signature race.

What pisses me off the most about Descent:Champions is that the race is easy as hell until you reach the gear check zones which is all about resistances, which favours classes that have resist passives in their passive tree(scion, marauder, etc..), the race is a balance mess and the only difficulty is artificial. If you have the resists necessary to farm halls 3 its easy, if you don't it's an absolute nigthmare and just silly, only very few classes can circumvent that problem because they have resist passives, all other classes are playing a gear check lottery.

It's clearly the worst designed race ever, because their intentions might have been to create a difficult race but they did so not by introducing difficult mechanics but pure gear checks.

I would even argue that Endless Ledge is a better race than Descent Champions, because with EL their intentions were very clear, it's supposed to be a mess, with Descent Champions however they put in alot of effort to make a good race type and all we got was a piece of shit.

I mean isn't it sad that GGG is so incompetent that their intentions when designing a race really have no impact on the actual design and balance of the race. That also translates to Path of Exile as a whole. The game itself is good, but most of their decisions in the last few months (not just race-related) really demonstrate that they actually have no idea what they are doing, because they make this game continually worse. I'm really firm in this belief (even more so than a few months ago when I first shared it) that PoE was more or less a "lucky strike", they got most of it right by accident, but when you look at the recent development of the game it really shows that GGG can't bench the weight of their own game for shit.

I think Hilbert posted a link a few days ago where you can see that roughly 80% of the playerbase quit since November/December. I'm part of that 80%, but the sad part is that I see so much untapped potential in this game, but I just know that GGG as developers aren't nearly as good as their game could potentially be. Path of Exile was their "lucky strike".

edit: I mean think about it this way. Until Act 3.x we had very few pure gear check zones in the game that I could think of, very few. Maybe Sins3, barracks, sewers with dischargers, but really not very many.

But then we get Act3.X and it's just gear-check zone after gear-check zone. Mobs that would do guaranteed damage to you and mobs that would just test your resists over and over again. The boss fight against Dominus himself is a gear check. Extremely easy if you have good gear (I facerolled him several times in the last 1 week to help people progress), almost impossible if you have bad gear. They are just taking this game into the complete wrong direction, artificially introducing difficulty with gear checks, instead of actually adding interesting monsters that take skill and some thought to beat. It really worries me because I fear that Act4 will be even more of a gear check and for what?

Just so they can claim that the game is difficult, even though it's not really difficulty in regards to testing the player's reflexes or skills but the character's resistances and gear. It really just makes me sad, that's all. This trend has to stop.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Feb 13, 2014, 8:40:14 AM
Sorry I am already sick of DC.

Too much promotion. Too many DC and EL races this season.

2h with a Gravicius TP and more areas a "ruthless" difficulty.
Reworked first 3 or better said 4 areas(since the second area is splitting)
Then maybe. But I lose far too many minutes there. I think I had only 2 good races where I found the exit quiet fast.
One time I got first Obelisk Clear the other time I got first into the Freezing Pulse Zone and got killed by a LMP rare in the first room after the chest after being crit frozen.

Too much luck involved. I had once DC I couldn't even roll a single ED item till inner Halls level 2 and was using a bad jade chopper with some ED.
The last 3 Zones are all about Rescheck.
Fire and Some Lightning in level 2
Massive Lightning in level 3
Fire in Nexus.

I got in with 2 light res once and got killed with 3 shockstacks the 2nd room I entered.
Melee players even got a bigger issue.

I have seen players getting into inner halls 1 10min later and yet get a higher level because like 50% of the mobs were blue.

"

I would even argue that Endless Ledge is a better race than Descent Champions, because with EL their intentions were very clear, it's supposed to be a mess, with Descent Champions however they put in alot of effort to make a good race type and all we got was a piece of shit.

I just hate EL. Pure Randomness.

Find Coral Rings, Find Mid Potions-->Harder areas are possible.

Don't find them: Have fun getting massacred by combos like Suicider, Suicider SlowTotem TC.
charger, Charger, charger, punture charger.
shocknova, arc, elem weakness elemental. etc.

I had far too many EL races where entering the level 4/6 zone was a predicted early rip because it's next to impossible to get away once hit.

I think I haven't even reached the Harbringer area for ages(prolly before release and the release because I get killed or blocked far too long after release.

"
edit: I mean think about it this way. Until Act 3.x we had very few pure gear check zones in the game that I could think of, very few. Maybe Sins3, barracks, sewers with dischargers, but really not very many.

In CB it only was Pools and Streams,Hailrake, Crypt level 2 and Vaal.
Vaal was removed after the Lightningnerf.
Pools got removed after Waterelementals didn't clustered so hard and cold snap wasn't spamable anymore.
Hailrake got several nerfs.
Crypt level 2 got the density reduced for some reason. I remember it killing several characters in cb because I couldn't cover all resists.

With Act3 I have to compare prior to the massive One Shot changes and after the massive One Shot changes.
I consider A3x on the same level as A2 Cruel.

"
Extremely easy if you have good gear (I facerolled him several times in the last 1 week to help people progress), almost impossible if you have bad gear.

Sad but true.
It's just max fire or lightning or get killed if you can't deal some ranged damage.

"
instead of actually adding interesting monsters that take skill and some thought to beat. It really worries me because I fear that Act4 will be even more of a gear check and for what?

Your answer will be undying evangelists.

Fear for Act4? How about more Bandit like areas? Monsters using dominating touch so friendly fire will be active. Monsters spamming orange "Glorious Plate" drops which turn into one shot mob.

Since Devourers got stolen from Final Fantasy 5 . How about stealing the Zombie Ailment too?
You Turn into a zombie and regeneration kills you.

"
MajorMudfish wrote:
My wishlist:

- Bring back Descent.
- No more week races during the season.
- No more giving away 1000 and 600 point rewards if week races do stay around.
- Less ridiculous time gaps between races.

By the way does season 7 start when the new leagues are released ? March 5th ?

This exactly, +10000000592158

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info