Changes for Season 7

First off I think Season 6 is horrible.

Shedulewise and exploitwise.

So you can expect several suggestions be reposted again.

So let's start with the ancient ones:

/top should show you the Top 10

/ladder should show your Rank in ladder with 5 players above and 4 under you
This has been suggested like forever as /meladder but the command is quiet long.

/class should show your classrank
This also has been suggested in CB.

The next suggestion is also a pretty old one:

Seperate the ladders into a SOLO and a PARTY ladder.
Especially since party races barely offer full parties anymore.

Now looking at the exploits:

Just like in CB only the highest character should be rewarded. I checked the old threads there certainly WAS a time where only the highest character counted.

Another addition would be another ruleset named Iron Man. This ruleset allows only 1 character creation and no rerolls at all. This is also targeted to prevent muling because for example Witches mule Firetrap, several classes mule spectral throw etc.
It would be far better to see general balance in races when players have to use class resources like in Descent for example.

The next issue is the massive use of maphack and zoomhack in races.
For example check the top parties who are streaming. The streaming is incosistent and it's really strange that the runner isn't streaming.
And before the Top Runners join and claim they don't use anything I just remind you of the incident one Top Runner got caught on stream dying with an illegal .ahk script activating.
The script is obviously the one possible to be obtained on the same site as maphack.

This leads other needed Racemodes-->First Revealed(like fixed seed but with different maps)
No magic(This might be executed in 2 ways either remove the additional experience from blue packs or remove blue packs from the race)

Fixed seed is a good step but it's really inefficient. Especially since Chris refused to add 2 lines of code to detect it.

The last point would be the 1 player HP exploit in Party races mainly abused by the leader Parties.
The best way to fix it would be to Add/Remove HP based on 1 player HP with normal/cruel/merciless modifier similar to Hillock instead of using the D2 way to reduce damage you deal.

This needs to be fixed because Harder Race modes offer a higher difficulty and a risk of a Rip. The 1 player exploit reduces the chance to rip next to nothing. For example Turbo Vaal, Vaal Immolation especially, Piety or Dominus make a major difference if they are exploited or fought with a 1 player HP.

The next point is the shedule:

Do you remember why more mods have been introduces in Season 2? Season 1 only had normal mode races with 1h 2h or 3h I think there were 2 4h iirc and some Turbo in the end.

Races need a big variety and that's totally missing in Season 6.
Most of the races are either Sig, DC, EL or Burst.
The other races are mostly some normal mode ones.
Having a balanced shedule succeeded here but the variety dropped.

There are always easy to implement modes.
Turbo for example isn't liked by several players, for being hard or a "desyncfest at brutus"

But how about implementing Swift(only higher movement speed it could be as well set to 80-90%) and Fervorious(attackspeed+castspeed raised 40-60%)

Then there are several complaints about RNG. So a completely skillbased race would be:
Fixed Mapseed, Fixed Mobseed, No Blue packs and only white items.
Even taking into consideration to remove certain uniques would be a good step.

Anssue I see is the implementation of Cruel and Merciless in short timed races such as Descent and Descent Champions.
I would like to race in Cruel/Merciless but not with level 16-20 but rather with 30+ or 50+

Players grew tired of longer races so why not save the progress or add a void race type which already gives you a higher character and some currency. Such as Descent for example and you start as level 20 character and gems are leveled already.

To keep the race character alive players should receive more experience or the upper expenalty needs to be removed. The idea would be instead of having a 1h race between 1-26 it would be a race from 20-46.

Open Race format would be a Time Trial race with or without upper exppenalty.
For example the goal would be to beat certain boss low as possible(in a given short time window) or fast as possible.
The 24h raceslots were a good idea but they aren't suited for racing.
The time trial could be used for example to attempt to kill brutus at level 1 or in ~7min for example.

Bursts shouldn't only be 12 minutes they could be between 5 and 18 minutes.
Another idea would be to add up burst exp. So instead of having a 1h race you create 3 15min bursts and add up the total experience.

Variety is important so a big must for Season 7 would be to reduce Sig races to 3 a week.
No matter how balanced CT will be, a party of six will always kill a solo player, so instead of adding 1-5 hours party CT you should first run some solo vs party tests and see which work out for the better.
I suggested several others easy to implement mods in another thread.

Now to the point factoring:

The RP system is kind of bad. Players just create other accounts to receive several rewards.

So instead of a tier system each race mod should get a difficulty factor. Such as normal being 1, slower projectiles being 0,8, turbo being 1,5, lethal being 2,5, ancestral being 1,1, multi shot being 1,2 etc.

So instead of filling a bar all your results will be factored and each level means 1 represents a point and you divide it by the number of races.

Instead of having Full Clears you could add an achievement list for reach race which qualifies for random rewards.

Examples would be killing Hillock, Fire Fury, Hail Rake, Dweller and Kuduko in Blamt with different scaled.
For example Brutus in BLAMT should reward you 10+ points. Hailrake should reward more than Kuduko etc.

Those points would qualify for random rewards. This would add another goal in races such as progressing as far possible.
So instead of farming sins level 1 for 32 minutes in a 1h race players could attempt to finish as many quests possible to receive random rewards.
This way even the highest tier rewards could be awarded in a short race if they are almost impossible to get.
Such as Merveil in a 1h Blamt race.

The last issue I got is the awarding of Demigods.
The competive/fun declaration is really inconsistent.
Sometimes a race is fun other times a race is competive.
So why not handle it like Season Demigods?
Instead of giving a Demigods with the same flavour Text, the demigods got something like "First X in S7EY"
This makes it much easier to track RMTed Demigods. While I know some alt Art Demigods got RMTed. I think that Demigods should be rather a collectors item than an income source for virtual/ingame currency.
"
Hilbert wrote:

The next issue is the massive use of maphack and zoomhack in races.
For example check the top parties who are streaming. The streaming is incosistent and it's really strange that the runner isn't streaming.
And before the Top Runners join and claim they don't use anything I just remind you of the incident one Top Runner got caught on stream dying with an illegal .ahk script activating.
The script is obviously the one possible to be obtained on the same site as maphack.

I recently started using the apparently confirmed legal /oos + logout macro so I can save a couple of minutes for every hour in a race, feelsgood.jpg. And you can just google it and it's a whole reddit thread about it, no shady site with maphacks.

[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
I don't talk about that macro that caused the accepted /oos packets only once in 10 seconds.

I walk about one that automatically types "/trade 1" "tradespam" "/trade 2" "tradespam"....

That Macro does more than one action and is forbidden.
I'm assuming the party paragraph was directed at us since we're the only effective party.

I dont think theres been a single race where our party wasn't streaming our progression in 3 hour races.

This point
"
Hilbert wrote:
The last point would be the 1 player HP exploit in Party races mainly abused by the leader Parties.
The best way to fix it would be to Add/Remove HP based on 1 player HP with normal/cruel/merciless modifier similar to Hillock instead of using the D2 way to reduce damage you deal.

Has already been refuted by CWU. It is a simple Binary choice or outcome:

1. Single player HP, Single player loot - takes about 20 seconds to kill.
2. Full Party HP - Full Party Loot - Takes about 40-45 seconds to kill.

This is intended, it will never be changed as it is working as intended. You or other parties will never win or lose based on our party being the one to formalize the "tagging" method.

For every step forward you take two steps back in the small community that reads this specific sub forum.

On many of these points we are in total agreement, HOWEVER your continued baseless accusations, refusal to acknowledge when you are wrong and consistent dredging up of dis-proven old "theorems" turns many people who might support some or all of what you contend into people that don't like you.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Why do you cry again if it's just 20 seconds? My idea doesn't prevent you from leaving parties for running.

It is just about the boss fights because you remove every potential threat, especially in harder races.

Why do given players have bossrips in the same solo modes but no rips in party modes outside of running?

It doesn't even make sense mathematically. The factor on same damage would be 3,625 but 3,625*20s is more than 1 min.
Oh yeah.....

I tagged once with a 3 player party and Vaal had like 10% left after the first Summon, with the Whetstonereceipe on a woodsplitter, a hatred aura and a firetrap witch. Would that one be a melee/STer Vaal would have died before he could finish the first summon.

Vaal in solo play usually takes 3-5 submerges. More if you are melee and he keeps using the lightning attack.
So lets say a party Vaal would need 3 submerges a 1 player HP vaal just one.
Imagine the Race would be Turbo where the difficulty lies in players getting hit by lightnings.
A complete glasscannon at Vaal is around 250 HP, without resists that's clearly something that will one shot you.
300 HP without resists is also pretty critical.

So stop claiming it would doesn't make any difference. It makes a difference in terms of rips and even it's just 1 character dying your party receives 1 rightful demi.

And no it isn't intended. Quarl stated that in a post in May and Chris stated he didn't knew that such a thing existed.
The issue is that they didn't know how to fix it properly.
A D2 System affecting damage output would only lead to "1 player beats the boss to low HP others join"
Baselife multiplicators may have unintended sideffects.
So monsters on low HP end up getting easier and high hp mobs harder than intended.
Assume 100% bonus and 20 HP hit. On join (100-20)*2 = 160 and 100*2-20= 180.(That's why D2 used a system where it's always simlar to 100-(20*1/x) best seen on crushing blow.While I forgot the exact formula it was either 25%->6,25% or 15->6% in a full game.
Only the addition based on 1 player max HP would be commutative. The only issue would be to make it instantanous because even it's just 15ms Hillock cruel often dies before reaching the second form. While it has the side affect that a boss might suddenly die if somebody leaves the party that's pretty acceptable because he won't receive the quest.

"
I dont think theres been a single race where our party wasn't streaming our progression in 3 hour races.

I talk about the entire party. I am not talking about Helman following a runner who isn't streaming.
For example how come there are only Sig recordings on cwu's twitch but the partyraces are missing?
Given the fact that his Vaal times on serrated weapons aren't much different from my Vaal times in Sig which are also 1h10min and 1h15-20min if I did thicket first. Forget those times in non Fixed Races in nonfixed I am rather at 1h20-1h25 times.
It's strange that the partyrecording of the runner is missing and since the times of nonstreamed races even if they were solo were far better than the streamed ones this is quiet suspicious.

What's with their being Races all bunched together with like 30 min - 1 hour in between, and then 8-10 hours without one. Why not just schedule them every 4-6 hours so it's fair for all time zones?
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Hilbert wrote:
And no it isn't intended. Quarl stated that in a post in May and Chris stated he didn't knew that such a thing existed.

1) Linking sources, and

"
For example how come there are only Sig recordings on cwu's twitch but the partyraces are missing?
Given the fact that his Vaal times on serrated weapons aren't much different from my Vaal times in Sig which are also 1h10min and 1h15-20min if I did thicket first. Forget those times in non Fixed Races in nonfixed I am rather at 1h20-1h25 times.
It's strange that the partyrecording of the runner is missing and since the times of nonstreamed races even if they were solo were far better than the streamed ones this is quiet suspicious.

2) providing proof with links, timestamps and hard numbers;

would improve your complaints from "little to no merit" to "at least investigable".
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Quarl:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/363729#p3227788

He states loot and exp as consequences to change the system.

Cwu runs:
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus/profile/pastBroadcasts
Compare with his stats this season and look what's in "Past Broadcasts"
Then look up the party and see the common streamers and look who is running.

"
What's with their being Races all bunched together with like 30 min - 1 hour in between, and then 8-10 hours without one. Why not just schedule them every 4-6 hours so it's fair for all time zones?

Blame Quarl or Neon whoever is in charge of boring/bad shedules now.

I liked the S2 setting and wished it had more variance, so I could skip race modes I don't like instead of "DO or DIE"

But look at Steamcharts. A new MMO goes into beta and there is an alltime low:
http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#All
After everything I've said and posted on this forum; 1 year of streaming 95% of my solo races; almost never streaming party races because at first I didn't want to give out our strats and then I didn't see the point of streaming party races, because Helman or Mors would always be there - I'm getting accused of cheating.
Them's the breaks I guess.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
If you streamed 95% of your solo races then you would have far more views but in fact you don't even get 300 views. If you had streamed 95% of your solo races you would have got several viewers.

Your fixed Seed Sig times aren't even impressive. That's a Top 40 time and far away from Top 10 times. There seem to be players who are able constantly to reproduce 55min Vaalkills at late 20 or 21. I really doubt those players always get a luck streak, with MS 2 QS Flasks etc.

And "Strategy" mule QS Flasks exploit 1 player HP bug.
In fact every partyrunner or soloracer having next to no average difference in race times is suspicious.
I know that I lose 3-5 minues at merv. But I can't find a source for time loss in act2 but bad densities which force me to sacrifice more time in exp instances.

Act3 Timeloss is obvious I don't know layouts very well and the act 3 loading times are horrible. Sometimes it takes up to 15 seconds to load a new instance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info