No regular Descent Races

I did a count, they were removed, being replaced with "regular" races.

S05: 14 Endless Ledge, 27 Descent: Champions, 14 Descent = 55/177

S06: 18 Endless Ledge, 21 Descent: Champions, 0 Descent = 39/177
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Jan 10, 2014, 2:29:36 PM
Removed the wrong descent. Descent champions is so fucking terrible.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
Ign: Zel, Zelg
That blows. I hate the regular races. Descent and Champions were the only ones I played.
I'd like to support this. Descent was fun and it would be nice to have this type back in. Don't see the point about balance when compared to the champions version.
I wouldn't say that champions is terrible, but I definitely prefer the original descent by a large margin.

Hopefully GGG are making some small modifications & will be bringing it back next season.

Without the statue zone.
GGG is just once again falling victim to a false dichotomy and jumping from one extreme into the other.

There aren't just two options of Descent either being a competitive race or not being part of the race season at all. There is a third and more sensitive option. Descent as a fun race until some of the balance problems are fixed.

Why GGG always seems to be jumping from one extreme into the next is actually beyond me.

One of the reasons I am doing very few races this season is simply that I fundamentally disagree with GGG's actions in regards to races and race scheduling. I said this before, but I honestly think some of the things they do are just bizarre and nonsensical.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jan 15, 2014, 9:00:41 AM
I quite enjoyed normal Descent, it wasn't the easier race and RNG could screw you over but after some experience in it you learned the monsters / areas. The chest items are all on a forum post + wiki so that can help you plan your build order and path you take. Less races longer then 2 hours, more 1 hour alternative play through races. :D
I think the player numbers fell off too much and they realized giving demis to the dead was a bad idea. One less race to slit the wrists of witches.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info