2x 1 week races during the race season?

"There will be two one week races, a Nemesis homed race that is hardcore, and a Domination homed non-hardcore race."

I really hope these races are post-season events that don't give out points, I don't want to feel forced to no-life two 1 week races in one season.

Last season without 1 week races was fine and I really liked the idea of the 1 week races being post-season events with a different reward structure (the reward structure in the recent 1 week kinda sucked, but that can be improved obviously). I don't see what forcing racers to no-life long term events effectively accomplishes, as far as I can tell almost no top racers are competing in 1 week races, so please let these 1 week races be post-season events with a different reward structure.

And worst of all, a domination one week race, you gotta be joking, why would races now be non-hardcore?
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jan 8, 2014, 8:31:27 PM
"
race
non-hardcore

all aboard the competitive excitement train!

Last edited by boof on Jan 8, 2014, 8:38:31 PM
And still not one long term solo event.

Not impressed at all.
IGN: KoTao
I'm honestly thinking about just quitting this game for good now, I've seen it happen before developers making the game more and more casual, slowly undermining the competitive integrity of the game because they care more about making casuals happy than actually providing a platform for hardcore players to play competitively.

Racing is supposed to be challenging and punishing, it should take effort to improve and compete with the best, by introducing non-hardcore races you are not only removing all incentive to improve and play well, but you also make it less about skill and more about hours played (in 1 week races).

I'm not a fan of 1 week races to begin with, I think it's an easy way for people who can't normally compete in short-term races due to a lack of skill, to win demis by no-lifing the shit out of the game for a week. That's not competitive, that's just sad.

I have no problem with post-season 1 week races with different reward structures, but honestly 1 week races during the season are just annoying. Races should be about how fast you are and not how much time you have. It really goes against the competitive natur of racing on a conceptual level, especially if the race is softcore.

I've seen this happen before, developers thinking that casualising the game will make it more succesful. But guess what happened to games such as Halo or SC, developers made these games casual as fuck and both games are dying (or in the case of Halo already dead).

It's so sad, because I know that the first non-hardcore race will be a huge success, the second will be fairly succesful aswell, maybe even the third one, but eventually casuals will lose interest in racing and move on and that's when you ask yourself: "where did all the competitive racers go?" the answer is: "they moved on aswell, because you've ruined the competitive integrity of racing."

I always see these casuals ask for more one week races and non-hardcore races, but honestly fuck them, casuals are the number one cause of death for any game. What killed Halo (which was the most succesful console shooter up until a few years ago) was Bungie giving in to casual demands and making the game too easy and forgiving, which made people have no appreciation for the game anymore because it simply took no skill to win. And GGG are about to make the same mistake with PoE, make competitive racing more casual and the only thing you effectively accomplish is you piss of the competitive racers in the long-term and maybe, just maybe satisfy some of the casual crybabies in the short term.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jan 8, 2014, 9:16:08 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:
I'm honestly thinking about just quitting this game for good now, I've seen it happen before developers making the game more and more casual, slowly undermining the competitive integrity of the game because they care more about making casuals happy than actually providing a platform for hardcore players to play competitively.

Racing is supposed to be challenging and punishing, it should take effort to improve and compete with the best, by introducing non-hardcore races you are not only removing all incentive to improve and play well, but you also make it less about skill and more about hours played (in 1 week races).

I'm not a fan of 1 week races to begin with, I think it's an easy way for people who can't normally compete in short-term races due to a lack of skill, to win demis by no-lifing the shit out of the game for a week. That's not competitive, that's just sad.

I have no problem with post-season 1 week races with different reward structures, but honestly 1 week races during the season are just annoying. Races should be about how fast you are and not how much time you have. It really goes against the competitive natur of racing on a conceptual level, especially if the race is softcore.

I've seen this happen before, developers thinking that casualising the game will make it more succesful. But guess what happened to games such as Halo or SC, developers made these games casual as fuck and both games are dying (or in the case of Halo already dead).

It's so sad, because I know that the first non-hardcore race will be a huge success, the second will be fairly succesful aswell, maybe even the third one, but eventually casuals will lose interest in racing and move on and that's when you ask yourself: "where did all the competitive racers go?" the answer is: "they moved on aswell, because you've ruined the competitive integrity of racing."

I always see these casuals ask for more one week races and non-hardcore races, but honestly fuck them, casuals are the number one cause of death for any game. What killed Halo (which was the most succesful console shooter up until a few years ago) was Bungie giving in to casual demands and making the game too easy and forgiving, which made people have no appreciation for the game anymore because it simply took no skill to win. And GGG are about to make the same mistake with PoE, make competitive racing more casual and the only thing you effectively accomplish is you piss of the competitive racers in the long-term and maybe, just maybe satisfy some of the casual crybabies in the short term.

That seems like a bit of an overreaction. One race like this hardly makes the game too casual.

I for one am interested in seeing how far people can push clear speed while still being safe enough to not lose xp all over the place. It might make for a new variety of builds.
"
I_I_I wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

That seems like a bit of an overreaction. One race like this hardly makes the game too casual.

I for one am interested in seeing how far people can push clear speed while still being safe enough to not lose xp all over the place. It might make for a new variety of builds.

Same logic that killed Halo and Starcraft. No making X easier isnt a huge deal, adding unit Y isnt a huge deal... etc..
The devs add those 1 weekers as economyresets for their dear botterboard friends.....
But to protect them we mustn't shame them.

Items become worthless on the RMT board so to push the botterboard they introduce 1 weekers of those dead leagues.

"
And still not one long term solo event.

Not impressed at all.

The devs want inofficial leagues to be played that's why they constantly troll you with horrible shedules, rewards and boring race modes.

Or we should try the opposite since the devs don't listen to negative feedback give them positive feedback in a manner they turn it into a game worse than Superman 64.

How about make the game even grindier?

"
SlixSC wrote:

"
boof wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

sometimes you just gotta let it out man
"
SlixSC wrote:
.. but honestly 1 week races during the season are just annoying. Races should be about how fast you are and not how much time you have. It really goes against the competitive natur of racing on a conceptual level, especially if the race is softcore.

This is why you typically see top racers in the lead of a 1 week for the first 1-2 days, then no-lifers (sorry) take over. In the recent 1 week race, take a look at time spent from lvl 1 to 70 of the top 20, then compare with usual top racers that actually made it to 70.

This is ok.. but the event is just so different.

What could be nice: A 1 week solo.

What could be nice: A 1 week solo where you could only log in between 6 PM and midnight (for example), determined by your time zone (you would manually select which 6 hour time span you wanted when creating your character, locking that character to that time slot for the duration of the event). (Could be party, but that would possibly annoy cross-Atlantic parties if there are any of those).
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jan 9, 2014, 4:24:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info