Experiences from Season Five

"
Hassefar60 wrote:
Haha, I meant in any game where both game styles are "available".

Yeah, but I think it's fair to say that PoE as a game was always designed around PvE and not PvP, just given the build diversity I think GGG know that it's practically impossible to balance PvP in this game.

That's why I'm personally opposed to pvp tournaments or CT races, it's so obvious that this game was never intended to be played in a PvP environment, the game is designed around PvE at it's very core, why some people want it to be a PvP game is something I really don't understand.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
2h solo results:
5,469,865 (lvl 30)
6,409,632 (lvl 32)
5,541,980 (lvl 31)
6,447,973 (lvl 32)

and that is with arguably the best class (duelist)

This just proves how you can't take anything Hilbert says for real, he's just so out of touch with reality it's not even funny.

You compare 4 results with somebody who did 30+ races.
Also you should know that truncator still goes cleave even after the nerf, while Helman goes leapslam?

Helman would certain do worse going cleave.

"
Best at racing PvE, likely.

Your belief. I remember mentioning Alkaizer being a top racer during Scroties "Best racer" threads and got similar reactions.

"
But but.. I have a job : /

Flaming Hilbert is your job?

"
That's why I'm personally opposed to pvp tournaments or CT races, it's so obvious that this game was never intended to be played in a PvP environment, the game is designed around PvE at it's very core, why some people want it to be a PvP game is something I really don't understand.

It was supposed get a CT League on Open Beta and PVPleague later.
But due poor design decisions and unnessesary PVP mechanics it turned into an Asiagrinder, meaning completely the opposite of the initial plan.

That's something players should ask the Devs.
Not "Where are PVP Tournaments?"-->"Where is the PVP League? Where is the CT League?"

Droprates so poor and nonexistant Vendorreceipes that even a CT Standard league is something never to come because once you got killed you stay poor.

Try beating merciless with white items.
That's something you could do in CB but now you will utterly be destroyed by elemental damage.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Spoiler
"
2h solo results:
5,469,865 (lvl 30)
6,409,632 (lvl 32)
5,541,980 (lvl 31)
6,447,973 (lvl 32)

and that is with arguably the best class (duelist)

This just proves how you can't take anything Hilbert says for real, he's just so out of touch with reality it's not even funny.

You compare 4 results with somebody who did 30+ races.
Also you should know that truncator still goes cleave even after the nerf, while Helman goes leapslam?

Helman would certain do worse going cleave.

Your belief.

Also, this is like claiming that Bruce is the best freestyle swimmer although he does not "pick" crawl but instead "picks" backstroke; then claiming that the current best freestyle swimmer, Alan, would certainly do worse than Bruce in a freestyle race if he also picked backstroke, and therefore Bruce is arguably the best freestyle swimmer.
I like to use Default Attack.

Any n00b can use skills like Leap Slam/Spectral Throw and get top spots in races but it takes r341 l33t 5k11lz to use Default Attack.

I once achieved lvl 10 in a 8h race just using Default Attack and i didnt even have double quicksilver.

If everyone used Default Attack, i would be #1 in every class.
As it stands now, i don't even bother trying. I COULD get #1 if i really wanted...but i just won't.

Races are just too damn easy for me, I play with touchpad and don't even use hotkeys cuz thats just lame and i still got #7 of my class one race.

I want to see more BLAMTNemesisCTShrinesRogueFamines just so i get a little challenged in racing.
Otherwise i don't have a chance at winning...errr...i mean... otherwise i fall asleep because everyone else just sucks so much at racing.

Also, i think people should have to do 100 pushups everytime they enter a zone. Let's see you kill turbo famine Brutus when you are tired as fuck.
I think this post accurately describes what people think about Hilbert^
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
Tagpt.. I rarely lol, like literally laugh out loud, when I read these forums. You made my day.
Just gonna leave this here.

I'll let everyone else figure out who it's for.

I think this subforum would be a lot better if we just learned to not respond to the one that shall not be named. I know it's hard to resist, but we must. If you see the name, don't read the post, that makes it easier.

Late edit: mainly the issue is derailment. Don't respond to his derails. Look at the topic, and if your response to his response is topical, go for it. If it's derailment, resist.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Jan 9, 2014, 6:06:22 PM
I know it's been said, but I can't stress it enough.
There should at least be a small reward for participating even when dead. Preferably points for reaching levels, but no points for ranks. (not my idea, but I like it =)) If you die you should be removed from the ranking, yes. But a few points wouldn't hurt anyone. And seriously: Ever died in the last seconds of a long race? Maybe not even because of yourself failing, but because of desync problems? It's frustrating.
Last edited by Lilcya on Jan 10, 2014, 4:24:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info