Experiences from Season Five

@Hilbert:

If CT Turbo Solo was signature race, then I would not be surprised if the records would be set by top players in races with very few other top players so that they can just rush away from everyone else; possibly playing different classes and agreeing not to mess with each other in that specific race. Then they would just mess with competitors for the rest of the season and interest in competing would disappear.

Also, by mentioning that typical top players are greyed out from your examples, it seems as if you think the task of selecting the "right" signature race is a task of finding a race type where players like Helman and Alkaizer cannot win for whatever reason.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jan 8, 2014, 3:10:53 AM
Interesting how this discussion went another way.

I really dont want to see CT as signature. Thats only my opinion, but Path of Exile is not developed as a PvP-based game. Its builds are developed to kill primarily monsters. They are not balanced enough to be unleashed unto players in an equal way. This would lead to some awkward metagaming and I really think that signatures should be something everybody can enjoy.

And why is everybody hating the top notch players? Quit whining, start beating them ^^
"
Hassefar60 wrote:

Also, by mentioning that typical top players are greyed out from your examples, it seems as if you think the task of selecting the "right" signature race is a task of finding a race type where players like Helman and Alkaizer cannot win for whatever reason.

Which is obviously asinine.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
@Hassefar60
You know that Helman constantly gets killed after Brutus or at Prisoners Gate in SoloCTs?
Well his behaviour in Party CTs plays an important role.
It's not like Helman is the best duelist player.
Truncator is better than Helman but he doesn't play much.

And do you really believe in peace?

You are at docks. You got an awesome weapon, but outleveling the Docks/Sarn.
Don't you think invading might be more effective to receive experience?

It common for ARPGs somebody tries to become a dick because of an epic item.
Even in a party CT I saw a video somebody killed another party member because he talked too much on Voicechat.

In fact on equal level CT there are far better players than the regular racers because the regular racers suck on equal level PVP.

A CT signature would start by killing a random player for a 2nd ring/3id scrolls and thats something racers will have major issues because you must find players unwilling to fight/run away and certain reputation.
I played all cts on a kill perspective from the beginning and I can tell you that meeting the wrong player at the beginning is the same as RNG. My results in 1h solo CTs are from Rip and level 11-18/19.

And do you really think a random normal race mode is a good signature?
Somebody good participating 20 Signatures will have a better result than somebody participating 10 Signatures.

I had either good MS settings or a good weapon in my beter Signatures never both.

"
Thats only my opinion, but Path of Exile is not developed as a PvP-based game.

Post that for everybody desiring PVP leagues.
What is PoE anyway?
It claims to be Hardcore.
It isn't even an ARPG.

"
And why is everybody hating the top notch players? Quit whining, start beating them ^^

Tell the devs to remove the stupid QS Flasks and bring back Phase Run.
Or automatically reward 3 Qs flasks on Hailrake.
In fact the majority knowing Phase Run hates QS flasks.

I clearly know where I lose time and one major issue is my QSflask use.
Nothing sucks more than hitting the key running for 5 sec and there isn't a pack anywhere or the opposite running in a passage and not being able to skip.

"
Hilbert wrote:

Truncator is better than Helman but he doesn't play much.

That made me laugh so hard. Just shows how delusional you sometimes are.
truncator > helmann i agree on this one. never heard of him though
Well I checked his account on poestatistics.

http://poestatistics.com/users/truncator/

2h solo results:
5,469,865 (lvl 30)
6,409,632 (lvl 32)
5,541,980 (lvl 31)
6,447,973 (lvl 32)

and that is with arguably the best class (duelist)

This just proves how you can't take anything Hilbert says for real, he's just so out of touch with reality it's not even funny.
"
SlixSC wrote:
Well I checked his account on poestatistics.

http://poestatistics.com/users/truncator/

2h solo results:
5,469,865 (lvl 30)
6,409,632 (lvl 32)
5,541,980 (lvl 31)
6,447,973 (lvl 32)

You forgot to mention that yes this is from season 5. At least the last one is. I feel kind of sorry for Truncator for being pulled into the discussion.

Pelé is also better than Messi, unfortunately he does not play much.

"
Hilbert wrote:
@Hassefar60
You know that Helman constantly gets killed after Brutus or at Prisoners Gate in SoloCTs?
Well his behaviour in Party CTs plays an important role.
It's not like Helman is the best duelist player.

Best at racing PvE, likely. Best at PvP, perhaps not. PvE and PvP are just not the same. This resembles the good old discussion of what is the "real" game: The PvE or the PvP? Good PvP players laugh at good PvE players while good PvE players laugh at good PvP players. They are different parts of the game, so keep them separate.

Please stop saying X is better than Y because CT.

"
Celandrion wrote:
I really dont want to see CT as signature.

I think only Hilbert does.

"
Celandrion wrote:

But but.. I have a job : /
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jan 8, 2014, 8:21:15 AM
"
Hassefar60 wrote:

Best at racing PvE, likely. Best at PvP, perhaps not. PvE and PvP are just not the same. This resembles the good old discussion of what is the "real" game: The PvE or the PvP? Good PvP players laugh at good PvE players while good PvE players laugh at good PvP players. They are different parts of the game, so keep them separate.

PvP in this game is a joke (literally), so who gives a shit what pvp players think
Haha, I meant in any game where both game styles are "available".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info