New weapon ipd recipes

I'm gone for like 3 days and I come back to this.

Not surprised marauder records are pat since its 100% about attack speed which I found out to my chagrin.

I wonder when the scion/duelist records will change.

89% etched/double axe sort of nuts in docks.

What a stupid fucking recipe and release time. Makes me glad ive sucked so badly this season so I don't lose a top 3 from this massive fuck up on GGG's part.

Edit: I almost sent an email to Carl about this, but what would it matter, nothing would be changed in time. I'm really, severely disappointed in GGG this time. Not changing Descent to "preserve records" was 100% corporate brinksmanship. Because fixing it for the better was tantamount to admitting to the shitty testing and QA process that happened. Which of course was then changed.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Dec 27, 2013, 12:21:41 AM
Of course people will still alch weapons. After the first half of the season, the top sig records that can be achieved with a wicked of mastery in docks will be pretty much set. At this point, a triple damage roll lvl 27-28 weapon that 1-shots everything is going to start looking pretty good. And what else besides gloves are you going to alch anyway? Youll generally have move boots by sarn, the damage potential on all three pieces of jewelery combined is far less game changing than that of a top weapon and the rest of the slots are a waste.

IPD recipe isnt a panacea, its just a fallback for all those times the rng fucks you.

Though i agree that adding it near the end of the season was a pretty blank move on GGGs part.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
Of course people will still alch weapons. After the first half of the season, the top sig records that can be achieved with a wicked of mastery in docks will be pretty much set. At this point, a triple damage roll lvl 27-28 weapon that 1-shots everything is going to start looking pretty good. And what else besides gloves are you going to alch anyway? Youll generally have move boots by sarn, the damage potential on all three pieces of jewelery combined is far less game changing than that of a top weapon and the rest of the slots are a waste.

IPD recipe isnt a panacea, its just a fallback for all those times the rng fucks you.

Though i agree that adding it near the end of the season was a pretty blank move on GGGs part.

I keep hearing people say this. "Alch'd weapons will be the way to go to get the record." There is such a small chance that your alch'd weapon will be better than a wicked roll. It isn't worth the currency to gamble on having a shit weapon. 105 top end is more than enough for a leap slammer to destroy docks. No one in their right mind will alch a weapon. Alchs after the wicked docks weapon will be used on rings and gloves without question. Best way to get attack speed without ruining your damage on a shit rolled weapon.
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
Last edited by Hybriis on Dec 27, 2013, 1:37:37 AM
"
KoTao wrote:

Uh, just so you know, CWU set the top Scion record and the top overall record going from a Wicked Double Axe to a Wicked Shadow Axe via the IPD recipe. His rng wasn't that insane aside from some good docks packs and double quicksilver.

vod: http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus/b/490305659
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Dec 27, 2013, 6:31:37 AM
Right. So, 25 signatures into next season, everyone will have run at least 10 races with wickeds of mastery from 22 on. At this point you either alch a godly weapon at 27-28 (and perhaps 22-23), or youre just hoping for better blue density than whoever has the records, because almost all of those records will have been made by near identical blue weapons.

Alching jewelry isnt likely to make enough of a difference- attack speed on rings is pretty rare, not to mention youd need 3 extra alchs. Are you really going to hit a ring over a weapon if youve only got 1 extra alch?

Perhaps this doesnt apply to leapslam characters, as i dont play them. If a lvl 27-28 wicked of mastery 1-shots everything in docks then itll all come down to blues density for those classes, which is probably better than weapon rng determining races anyway since its far more likely to even out over 1 hour+ worth of docks grinding. Hard to escape race results ultimately being determined by some sort of rng in the end anyway under the current system.
Last edited by KoTao on Dec 27, 2013, 10:25:17 AM
"
KoTao wrote:
Right. So, 25 signatures into next season, everyone will have run at least 10 races with wickeds of mastery from 22 on. At this point you either alch a godly weapon at 27-28 (and perhaps 22-23), or youre just hoping for better blue density than whoever has the records, because almost all of those records will have been made by near identical blue weapons.

Alching jewelry isnt likely to make enough of a difference- attack speed on rings is pretty rare, not to mention youd need 3 extra alchs. Are you really going to hit a ring over a weapon if youve only got 1 extra alch?

Perhaps this doesnt apply to leapslam characters, as i dont play them. If a lvl 27-28 wicked of mastery 1-shots everything in docks then itll all come down to blues density for those classes, which is probably better than weapon rng determining races anyway since its far more likely to even out over 1 hour+ worth of docks grinding. Hard to escape race results ultimately being determined by some sort of rng in the end anyway under the current system.

I don't really understand your point. This entire season, people have been alching weapons, and godlike ones at that. With the IPD recipe, he beat all those times. Top scion and top overall.

How would it makes sense to revert to alching weapons in that case? He had double quicksilver and chanced 15% ms in dark forest. Also had good blue packs in docks. It's not like you won't be able to beat a record just because you're 15 races in. That makes no sense. The signature records get beaten all the time. Player skill, all types of rng, countless things aside from your weapon affect it. IPD recipe just removes one of those. Although whetstones drops plays a part in even that.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
I honestly think it's situational. If you have an 85 ipd weapon and your other gear is really good (dmg on gloves, rings) then I think its best to alch a weapon.

It is unlikely to roll a better weapon, but if all your other gear is good it's really the only logical thing to do.

However, if you have an 85 ipd weapon and white gloves or rings, I think alching gloves or rings is definitely better.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
KoTao wrote:
If a lvl 27-28 wicked of mastery 1-shots everything in docks

A wicked double axe 1 shots whites and 2 shots blues with ease
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
"
Hybriis wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
If a lvl 27-28 wicked of mastery 1-shots everything in docks

A wicked double axe 1 shots whites and 2 shots blues with ease

Unfortunately the same cant be said for ST, thanks to its low damage effectiveness and sync+movement issues. Somewhere around 130-150 base is needed to guarantee 1-shots on wraiths and undying, so half the classes at least will still want something better than a rustic recipe blue once breaking the wicked records becomes hard.

Even better if next seasons signature isnt yet another mindless docks grind, and also isnt an unbalanced disaster like descent.
"
KoTao wrote:
Unfortunately the same cant be said for ST, thanks to its low damage effectiveness

You should fire ST behind you unless the pack is too dangerous, hitting the mobs at least twice, so 60% dmg effectiveness is actually 120%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info