New weapon ipd recipes

"
tagpt wrote:
Welcome to Path of Serrated Jade Choppers and Wicked Poleaxes and Double Axes.

Interestingly enough, these types of changes favor map hackers even more...
When you have a game with various layers of RNG, removing 1 layer will just make the remaining layers more relevant.

Edit: To elaborate on why i dont like this change:

I think adding vendor recipes should be done to balance racing, not just for the sake of removing RNG.

Now everyone gets a good weapon to farm Docks. So now you want to roll attack speed on your gear.
Should they add a recipe for attack speed?

If you start reducing RNG layers, ultimately it becomes: "i didnt get X" where X is the only thing you need and aren't guaranteed to get.
So instead of "i was lucky here and unlucky there", its "i needed only this one thing, and i didnt get it"

I might be wrong about this but idk...we'll see...

Which is of course assuming that luck is evenly distributed, which is certainly the case given a large enough sample size, but for individuals and individual races you couldn't possibly be more wrong.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 23, 2013, 9:13:17 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:

Alternatively you could just read all my posts.

No one should have to endure that kind of pain.
Last edited by boof on Dec 23, 2013, 10:16:59 PM
Made a rare rustic recipe bastard sword at 12 in the recent 1h, go to equip, lvl 18 required. FFS. RNG then refused to drop another lvl 12-13 weapon until lvl 18. Using a blue longsword in sins was good times, new recipe really paid for itself!

Anyway i doubt the recipe will cause people to just whine for attack speed suffixes or whatever, since its still nowhere near as good as a proper rare roll. Otoh not potentially being stuck with white or equiv weapons for half the race is a welcome change, as is being able to force a +1 wand before the second half of act 1.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
Made a rare rustic recipe bastard sword at 12 in the recent 1h, go to equip, lvl 18 required. FFS. RNG then refused to drop another lvl 12-13 weapon until lvl 18. Using a blue longsword in sins was good times, new recipe really paid for itself!

Anyway i doubt the recipe will cause people to just whine for attack speed suffixes or whatever, since its still nowhere near as good as a proper rare roll. Otoh not potentially being stuck with white or equiv weapons for half the race is a welcome change, as is being able to force a +1 wand before the second half of act 1.

I thought the wicked affix was level 23. It only required 18?
Why do they keep buffing 2 hand users. Seriously I don't want to play dumpster spectral throw or Leapslam to be competitive.

Bring back the old cleave, leap slam and spectral throw are far more overpowered than Cleave ever was.

Its dumb they completly neglect one hand users and casters every fucking season.
This is also a buff to bows, and in fact much more of a buff since it's a lot less likely you'll get a good rare bow than a good rare 2h weapon of some sort. I think this is exactly what RoA needed to become less of a huge gamble.

"
boof wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:

from: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_Affix#Modifier_Explanations
"
A modifier will increase the required level of an item to 80% of the modifier's level if that value is greater than the level requirement for the base item.

80% of 23 is 18.4, so I guess it rounds down to 18.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Rithz wrote:

Bring back the old cleave, leap slam and spectral throw are far more overpowered than Cleave ever was.

This 100%. I even think Leap Slam is way more overpowered than specctral throw, two shot blues in docks while moving faster than dual quicksilver with 15ms, yeah right....

I think the only class where leap slam isn't OP is marauder because they don't have insane atk speed nodes, but with scion and duelist you attack so fast and one-shot everything with leap slam.

#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 23, 2013, 10:34:54 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
This is also a buff to bows, and in fact much more of a buff since it's a lot less likely you'll get a good rare bow than a good rare 2h weapon of some sort. I think this is exactly what RoA needed to become less of a huge gamble.

"
boof wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:

from: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_Affix#Modifier_Explanations
"
A modifier will increase the required level of an item to 80% of the modifier's level if that value is greater than the level requirement for the base item.

80% of 23 is 18.4, so I guess it rounds down to 18.

roa is dead, murdered by st

thanks for the info though, I had no clue about how the level requirements worked.
"
Rithz wrote:
Why do they keep buffing 2 hand users. Seriously I don't want to play dumpster spectral throw or Leapslam to be competitive.

Its dumb they completly neglect one hand users and casters every fucking season.

They did buff casters with the new +1 element recipe, though thats still not going to make them viable outside of 3-4 hour solo races, which no longer exist.
IGN: KoTao
"
tagpt wrote:
Welcome to Path of Serrated Jade Choppers and Wicked Poleaxes and Double Axes.

Interestingly enough, these types of changes favor map hackers even more...
When you have a game with various layers of RNG, removing 1 layer will just make the remaining layers more relevant.

Edit: To elaborate on why i dont like this change:

I think adding vendor recipes should be done to balance racing, not just for the sake of removing RNG.

Now everyone gets a good weapon to farm Docks. So now you want to roll attack speed on your gear.
Should they add a recipe for attack speed?

If you start reducing RNG layers, ultimately it becomes: "i didnt get X" where X is the only thing you need and aren't guaranteed to get.
So instead of "i was lucky here and unlucky there", its "i needed only this one thing, and i didnt get it"

I might be wrong about this but idk...we'll see...

You basically nailed it.

Spectral throwers won't win if they don't find a second quicksilver/MS boots

Leapslamers will lose to other leap slammers that find attack speed.

Every other build will probably not win because they are inferior.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info