New weapon ipd recipes

"
terrex wrote:
I don't use any vendor recipes when I race and I hit over 1000 points easily this season and it was my first season. Maybe I should learn some of these handy things..

confirmed maphacks

but seriously, this is the only vendor recipe (with the exception of flasks) that is actually useful imo. casters have some recipes and there is an ms boot recipe that can be useful for leap slammers but I cant really think of anything else, so not sure why you would use plural there. Oh and I forgot resist rings which can occasionally come in handy if you have an iron ring and a gem with the right color, not that useful for rangers though.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 26, 2013, 1:51:50 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
I don't use any vendor recipes when I race and I hit over 1000 points easily this season and it was my first season. Maybe I should learn some of these handy things..

confirmed maphacks

Nope. I just learn quickly and am extremely good at playing this game. :)
"
terrex wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

confirmed maphacks

link to vod?

Just to clarify, I don't think you are maphacking, just in case someone's sarcasm detector is borked.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 26, 2013, 2:15:12 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

confirmed maphacks

link to vod?

Just to clarify, I don't think you are maphacking, just in case someone's sarcasm detector is borked.

I am scared to stream due to increased desync. /oos enough as is :O I just win descent dingdongs and fixed / famine a lot. ;)
Getting over 1000 points in the race season is achievable if you race all of the time, even with only moderate skill. How many races have you done? What's your average points per race? What placings have you gotten? Those are better indicators of skill than the total points benchmark, since that's largely just a measure of how much time you spend racing.

--------------------

Edit: you have 1280 points, and have scored points in 136 races. So on average that's like 9.5 points per race. I understand that's not the best system for judging skill either, since it counts 12min burst races the same as longer ones. But it's still an OK guide.
If I had raced 136 races I'd only have 816 points (using my current average - hopefully I'd have a bit more though since my skill would improve from doing so many!) So, I guess 1000 points is a decent measure of skill too.

But for reference, SlixSC has 1064 points from 98 races, which is 10.9 points per race.
And boof has 1068 over 77 races, or 13.9 points per race. So you can see that total points isn't always the best way of comparing skill.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Dec 26, 2013, 4:24:19 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Getting over 1000 points in the race season is achievable if you race all of the time, even with only moderate skill. How many races have you done? What's your average points per race? What placings have you gotten? Those are better indicators of skill than the total points benchmark, since that's largely just a measure of how much time you spend racing.

--------------------

Edit: you have 1280 points, and have scored points in 136 races. So on average that's like 9.5 points per race. I understand that's not the best system for judging skill either, since it counts 12min burst races the same as longer ones. But it's still an OK guide.
If I had raced 136 races I'd only have 816 points (using my current average - hopefully I'd have a bit more though since my skill would improve from doing so many!) So, I guess 1000 points is a decent measure of skill too.

But for reference, SlixSC has 1064 points from 98 races, which is 10.9 points per race.
And boof has 1068 over 77 races, or 13.9 points per race. So you can see that total points isn't always the best way of comparing skill.

Thx for this post, pretty helpful information. Not trying to sound defensive but I started late in the season and only got 3-4 points for the first few I did. My goal was fairgraves at first but it went to the belt not too long after. I've earned 5 demigods touch playing solo throughout the season. I've done party races only with my gf and we've gotten top placements a few times as ranger duo's. :P
Profiles only show races where you actually scored points, averaging it may not be very accurate if the player did some 0 point races (died).

"
terrex wrote:
I don't use any vendor recipes when I race and I hit over 1000 points

I don't think people will be able to say that from Season 6 onward. This recipe is very powerful, but its a hidden mechanic so starting racers won't know about it. I don't think that's the right way: Private power creep is bad.

Before the recipes were added, GGG announced they were adding some recipes that they expected racers would like. I wonder if they've followed the forum to evaluate their prediction or inform future recipe additions?

I don't like all the hidden information GGG has been adding to races. It's not what I signed up for. It started with ambiguously named Descent chests- I like the choice, but not that I have to memorize a table to know which one is which- and is growing with an encyclopedia of vendor recipes that trump what you can expect to find in an average race attempt. I'm not a human spreadsheet, nor is playing that way fun. GGG seems to have a different vision than I do, however.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

--------------------

More evidence that boof is the best player in the world.

-Slix, boof's biggest fan
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 26, 2013, 7:44:10 PM
"

More evidence that boof is the best player in the world.

-Slix, boof's biggest fan

Boof is the best boof NA/EU/World
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info