New Righteous Fire Builds -_-

Ok... I like the challenge of figuring out counters to new OP builds using the mechanics available in the game. However, have the new tweaks to righteous fire lately perhaps been a little overtuned?

I see some parallels to the old EA exploit builds where they facerolled pretty much everyone in pvp. After awhile people stopped coming out to 3v3's and pvp in general because whoever had that player on their team basically won 100% of the time.

That was the main reason I reported and championed a fix on it since it was overall I believe a negative for the pvp community, and well it was a bug. :)

As it stands now with my archer dude, I can at least hold my own against the most OP builds in the game (EK crit, aegis, flicker crit dagger, puncture, cyclone, using max block, etc... ) I at least have a fighting chance if I play my cards right.

But against rf builds as soon as I have a visual of them on my screen they can multistrike flicker and kill me within a half second to a second. There's not much room for tactics here.

Maybe I'm sounding a little butthurt and being a crybaby about it lol, but I at least wanted to open a dialogue about it to hear what others think.

I'm seeing more and more rf builds popping up within the last few days and wondering how this new metagame will playout after a couple months time.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Connor_GGG on Dec 24, 2013, 3:32:27 PM
Dual curse elemental weakness and flammability and you have a win. That is atleast what I am doing against them.

It is odd seing you complain over OP builds when you are using EA and your guild is all max blockers :P
"
Grildrak wrote:
Dual curse elemental weakness and flammability and you have a win. That is atleast what I am doing against them.

It is odd seing you complain over OP builds when you are using EA and your guild is all max blockers :P

Haha touche. :p Ok... So you're beating guys like Hauntworld and I'm_Ready_To_Die?

I was under the impression they overcapped their fire resists to overcome any ele curses? I'm surprised you're able to kite them as well since my middle name is Speedy Gonzalez and I'm pretty much unable to.
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
Ok... I like the challenge of figuring out counters to new OP builds using the mechanics available in the game. However, have the new tweaks to righteous fire lately perhaps been a little overtuned?

I see some parallels to the old EA exploit builds where they facerolled pretty much everyone in pvp. After awhile people stopped coming out to 3v3's and pvp in general because whoever had that player on their team basically won 100% of the time.

That was the main reason I reported and championed a fix on it since it was overall I believe a negative for the pvp community, and well it was a bug. :)

As it stands now with my archer dude, I can at least hold my own against the most OP builds in the game (EK crit, aegis, flicker crit dagger, puncture, cyclone, using max block, etc... ) I at least have a fighting chance if I play my cards right.

But against rf builds as soon as I have a visual of them on my screen they can multistrike flicker and kill me within a half second to a second. There's not much room for tactics here.

Maybe I'm sounding a little butthurt and being a crybaby about it lol, but I at least wanted to open a dialogue about to hear what others think.

I'm seeing more and more rf builds popping up within the last few days and wondering how this metagame will playout after a couple months time.

i agree with what firebrand said rf in a 3v3 is totally unfair because it can just 1v3 (thats why i don't want to 3v3 cuz its really unfair) and kill player so fast as for 1v1 is pretty hard to dealt with also

but overall rf does way too much damage and kills you too fast, something needs to be done here perhaps ggg should test it them self and find out how op it is ?

Last edited by googie337 on Dec 8, 2013, 12:03:20 PM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
Grildrak wrote:

Haha touche. :p Ok... So you're beating guys like Hauntworld and I'm_Ready_To_Die?

I was under the impression they overcapped their fire resists to overcome any ele curses? I'm surprised you're able to kite them as well since my middle name is Speedy Gonzalez and I'm pretty much unable to.

Have not been playing against those 2 you are mentioning (as far as I know) maybe I would lose against them if they are faster than the other RFers I have played.

About over capping: if you use lvl 20 flammability and lvl 20 20q elemental weakness both linked to empower you will reduce the fire resist by 110. It is possible to overcome sure but they would have to use kinda odd gear for it.
"
Grildrak wrote:
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
Grildrak wrote:

Have not been playing against those 2 you are mentioning (as far as I know) maybe I would lose against them if they are faster than the other RFers I have played.

About over capping: if you use lvl 20 flammability and lvl 20 20q elemental weakness both linked to empower you will reduce the fire resist by 110. It is possible to overcome sure but they would have to use kinda odd gear for it.

A wild flask of warding appear! you now have 0 chance to win GG

also, the unique shield rise of the phoenix is mandatory for this build, all rf build will use it, meaning that you have +25% fire res AND for ES low life rf (like hauntworld)you have 25% increased fire res
IGN: DullahanTheHeadless
Last edited by Dullahan987 on Dec 8, 2013, 12:19:21 PM

i don't think people want to use fire flask and pheonix shield in a 3v3, 1v1 then yes
Last edited by googie337 on Dec 8, 2013, 12:34:49 PM
"

A wild flask of warding appear! you now have 0 chance to win GG

A wild quicksilver flask of adrenaline appear! He now have no chance of getting in flicker range if you do it right.

You guys are claiming PvP is rock paper scissor whenever someone mention how OP certain things are. I have always disagreed as we previously only had rocks and papers, maybe we finally have a scissor?
Last edited by Grildrak on Dec 8, 2013, 12:36:36 PM
"
Grildrak wrote:

You guys are claiming PvP is rock paper scissor whenever someone mention how OP certain things are. I have always disagreed as we previously only had rocks and papers, maybe we finally have a scissor?

Or dynamite. Kills everything. :p
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Dec 8, 2013, 12:40:46 PM
Dual curse isn't an option any good RF expects that first. Wards it or overstacked to compensate. Your only option is burn flask with +charges and to down them before you run out of flasks. They also can't regenerate very fast if at all because of RF. So any damage you can get is going to stick if you can manage to somehow chip them away. But with flasks drying out after a few rounds, you're left thinking....well "son of a bitch".
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info