After release pvp is still dead.

no reward is what kills pvp; I played EVE online alot, it's absolutely law of jungle, and I love it.
: ( I feel as though PoE is just entering its PvP phase. The game is released and they are probably hard at work on a pvp release now that the core is done. They really need to update us on whats going on though. I know its comming but I am just curious to why they have not even leaked us something to look forward to. Its like, o hey... we are thinking about cross league and we are gonna add dueling, and o wait no items can be dropped in the arena anymore but for what? I know they are working but give us an update lol, GGG you are usually very good at this.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
~
Last edited by exmse on Oct 28, 2013, 10:04:50 AM
Could do with being able to create a ctf instance.Allow for drop in drop out.Make team numbers automatically balance at begining of match.While at times there would be odd numbers it would still be fun and more active.
"
Kavlor wrote:
Could do with being able to create a ctf instance.Allow for drop in drop out.Make team numbers automatically balance at begining of match.While at times there would be odd numbers it would still be fun and more active.

They could take a page out of the StarCraft 2 custom game scene here too. Since it's hard to systemically balance teams in CTF the losing team could be given a handicap. Maybe if you're losing your team gets +10% damage and movespeed. The handicap could increase depending on how badly you're losing.

I know that sounds kind of crazy but it really does work to make games more dynamic when teams aren't balanced.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
We need non CT, instance invading pking in this game. Each time I run into an Exile I just remember the greatness that pking is (not that I can forget...its just a reminder). With just that option available people will either arena pvp or gather in an instance and decide what to do themselves. To prevent griefing on people that don't want to deal with it...just make it an option prior to creating an instance. If that becomes too taxing on people to set it each time, make a non HC CT perma league that people get a free transfer over to. Items stay on body,stay on league, open pvp...end of story. Result game explodes with further greatness.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 28, 2013, 9:43:49 PM
"
Veta321 wrote:
The thing is, you don't need to actively build up the PvP community. Diablo 1 and 2 didn't. You just need to give the community the tools to build itself up. Tools like Open PvP and PvP enabled parties on the party list.

Yes, and both games had a joke 'pvp community' compared to other pvp centred games (shooters, strategy games, moba's even more minor games like combat flight sims had bigger pvp communities). D2 success never relied on pvp despite on what some people say and it always was a minor thing.

I'm all for CT league, but simply 'enabling pvp' won't change shit from what is now. Also for a serious and interesting CT mode to be successful beyond griefing it has to be well thought. I don't know of a single good open pvp game which has not a set of different mechanics to make it interesting (someone mentioned EVE-O which I also played for years, is a good example).

But my believe is that long term success of the game, and interest, depends on make appealing pvp. It's how it is nowadays, if you want a game that will be live for 10 years, you have no other choice. And by live I mean supported and continuously developed, which D2 wasn't, but because it wasn't an online game and could be modded, and requires low infrastructure to maintain online (and Blizzard powerhouse is behind it), some people still play and improve it (this is not a choice with PoE and never will because how it's made).
D2 success never relied on pvp despite on what some people say and it always was a minor thing.

Yes it did, primarily open pvp and pking ingeneral is why Diablo1-2 lasted as long as they did. Its not even a mystery, I was there since Diablo1 was released...it was the reason to return day after day. The scenes may not have been mainstream or esports. But there was constant clan vs clan and player vs player drama keeping shit interesting. People wanted to be the best, then they realized they sucked and decided to mod the game to unplayable levels so they could win without the talent required...now the games are trash. People didn't play beyond a few playthroughs to pvm til their brain turned to mush from repetitive grinding for items that weren't even worth half a shit. Atleast in this game the pvm is rewarding and I don't mind doing it, but im still only doing it to better my cause when I pvp or one day if the gods bless us with pking.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 29, 2013, 4:30:24 PM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
The paramount issue of being unable to leave town while in queue still remains.

That is THE number 1 priority for making PvP more active. If there's some sort of "PvP to do list" in the GGG offices, it should be at the top of that. I cannot overstress how fucking important it is to be able to go grind and shit while waiting in queue.

Events will be awesome and draw lots of people I expect. But as long as you can't leave town while in queue, a large regular PvP community is a pipe dream.

EDIT: I realize this is not a trivial thing to code. For example you need to have it return the player to where they were before they entered the PvP arena, so if I'm mapping while in queue, after the match I get put back into my map without taking up a portal. But it has to be done.

Came here to say this. I don't want to sit around for 2 hours in town waiting for 6vs6 CTF. I'm dying to try it, though. Every time I check, the queue is empty, so I go back to grinding.
CDs in PVP and you will fix alot of balance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info