After release pvp is still dead.

When will you start pvp? For example there is no option for duel challange in town as you said. Thx!
The paramount issue of being unable to leave town while in queue still remains.

That is THE number 1 priority for making PvP more active. If there's some sort of "PvP to do list" in the GGG offices, it should be at the top of that. I cannot overstress how fucking important it is to be able to go grind and shit while waiting in queue.

Events will be awesome and draw lots of people I expect. But as long as you can't leave town while in queue, a large regular PvP community is a pipe dream.

EDIT: I realize this is not a trivial thing to code. For example you need to have it return the player to where they were before they entered the PvP arena, so if I'm mapping while in queue, after the match I get put back into my map without taking up a portal. But it has to be done.

Last edited by aimlessgun on Oct 27, 2013, 5:29:35 AM
Another thing that bugs me is that you can't see who is in queue and what lvl they are. this results in very unbalanced 1v1 which isn't fun to play for both sides..
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
Another huge problem is that why do I have to duel with a lvl 80 as a lvl 62? Sadly after relese they did nothing to pvp to balance it better. Also why there is no 2vs2 in pvp arenas? And why can't I server queue? Why only in town queue? GGG? Answer?
"
aimlessgun wrote:
The paramount issue of being unable to leave town while in queue still remains.

That is THE number 1 priority for making PvP more active. If there's some sort of "PvP to do list" in the GGG offices, it should be at the top of that. I cannot overstress how fucking important it is to be able to go grind and shit while waiting in queue.

Events will be awesome and draw lots of people I expect. But as long as you can't leave town while in queue, a large regular PvP community is a pipe dream.

EDIT: I realize this is not a trivial thing to code. For example you need to have it return the player to where they were before they entered the PvP arena, so if I'm mapping while in queue, after the match I get put back into my map without taking up a portal. But it has to be done.

This is big but it's not a cure all. Compare to Diablo 2 where you could suggest PvP via the gamelist and then organize an unsymmetrical party into fair-ish teams. PvP in POE requires that people are already queuing at the exact same time as you, that they are an even match and that you want to play the gametype available. Open PvP is easier to organize, easier to sustain, and holds a social component that match making lacks. That social component is important because it is necessary to rebuild a PvP population that has not weathered well.

Match making is still good, for official ratings and competition, but addressing the town queue problem isn't enough in itself to build the PvP community. POE desperately needs Open PvP. Grief prevention isn't difficult, it's 2013.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Oct 27, 2013, 12:03:04 PM
EVery time I check "join pvp" there is 0 player in queue (ok, sometimes it's 1). Is this a good system after 1 year of beta testing? Be honest, this system doesn't work. Not good or bad. Simply doesn't work.
Last edited by Zittra on Oct 27, 2013, 11:28:07 AM
Never pvp'ed in PoE outside of some CT races but as said:

- Should be able to queue and leave town. 1st priority.
- Work out a match-maker. 2nd priority.

None of these are trivial to be honest, need a lot of developer time, and making match makers is a nightmare in many ways (more if it's a decent one).

- Organized events, and competitive pvp; to start up a good pvp community (necessary for a lasting future of the game) the devs have to steep ahead and organise it with official events, rewards, ranking systems, rules, etc.
- More modes etc.

The last one is coming or even something being done (CTF).

Anyway, I think most people is busy building up new characters in the new leagues, so maybe things will pick up after some weeks.
"
knac84 wrote:

None of these are trivial to be honest, need a lot of developer time, and making match makers is a nightmare in many ways (more if it's a decent one).

- Organized events, and competitive pvp; to start up a good pvp community (necessary for a lasting future of the game) the devs have to steep ahead and organise it with official events, rewards, ranking systems, rules, etc.
- More modes etc.

Anyway, I think most people is busy building up new characters in the new leagues, so maybe things will pick up after some weeks.

The thing is, you don't need to actively build up the PvP community. Diablo 1 and 2 didn't. You just need to give the community the tools to build itself up. Tools like Open PvP and PvP enabled parties on the party list.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Oct 27, 2013, 1:29:16 PM
"
knac84 wrote:

- More modes etc.

Agreed.

The population and interest in PvP is non existent at the moment. Only when CT exists is it then colourful bloody-mary event! But that's completely different.

Some other suggestions:
-PvP could use a high risk bets made prior to the sanctioned PvP event. A trade screen is created where both players can look at each others item or currency they're betting on and accept to PvP.
-PvP quests and more achievements
--quest example - win at least 15 PvP 1v1, 2v2 and/or 3v3 - reward MAGIC weapon 0-3 white sockets of your choice.
--quest example - win at least 30 PvP 1v1, 2v2 and/or 3v3 - reward RARE weapon 0-3 white sockets of your choice.

^everyone would roll a new toon and repeat this type of quest -- who wouldn't? It can only be done once per mode of course.

--achievements - Defeat 1 of each Scion, Marauder, Templar, etc

My 2 cents worth.

Cheers,
Suggestions
>Alt 'Entrance' & 'Quest NPC'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/subtledoorANDquest.png
>Alt 'Character Panel'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/Stats.png
Last edited by darkdraithdoom on Oct 27, 2013, 9:39:31 PM
I hope we get a more active pvp :s .. . i would love to enter an open pvp room and stuff like that

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info