Kalguur is a home run.

"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
i hope the currency exchange goes core. dont care about the rest

YEP same
"
alhazred70 wrote:

but just take my word for it he was a big thing before your time and most knowledgeable POE enjoyers know about this.

No sorry I'm not falling to any of your baits as there was never a time of him being a big or important story for the game, nor did he really contribute to the game in any productive helpful way.
Maybe for you and some others who are easy to bait into the thinking that only the streamers are the most skilled and experienced players out there and the only valid peek pinnacle source of trustworthy information for a game.

You might consider his ruthless attempt and hard rage quits as very important and enlightening for the game and community while it was nothing but a literal proof of him being bad at the game.
Not a surprise as he simply lacks the knowledge for the game since that the guy is mostly playing other games exclusively for a living.
Obviously PoE wasn't his bread and butter during the early days of the game and also not during his comeback attempt in ruthless.

Everyone who's around in gaming for more than a decade knows that he's known as a Blizzard product enjoyer so I'm not really surprised that a wow/heartstone player simply tried to show of some cocky behavior with the attempt to get good at poe only to fail lol.

Some players including myself are around a bit longer than you in PoE and have gained more exprience than you or some of your favorite entertainment bait celebrities combined, so spare us with your attempts to sell their bait content as you've been proven wrong many times so far and it's getting really tedious by now.
If you do enjoy watching them sure you do you but there's no need to spread around your fake news because you're always so convinced and faithful in your streamer words.

There are some content creators out there who've actually contributed well to this game with either intense ingame testing of various things or overall a high level of skill to create good builds or guides across many leagues, but Kripp is not part of it.

In the end if they add the league mechanic to the core game or not they will likely find a way.
With how rewarding it is in the current state I wouldn't be surprised about a nerf if it ends up core which is more than reasonable tbh.
Best to keep your fomo in check regardless of the outcome and GGG's choice :)
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Sep 6, 2024, 9:50:31 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Aren't these the most boring ones? What are you expecting to drop, a divine? Meanwhile, mechanics like Ritual and Delirium offer a wide variety of loot instead of boring currency

These are the most fun ones. They involve actually playing the game. Loot is good and all, but the biggest weakness of Kalguur is that the league mechanic itself (the city) is basically a knock-off mobile product--and idle game. I play ARPGs to kill things and pick trash up off the ground.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Pashid wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:

but just take my word for it he was a big thing before your time and most knowledgeable POE enjoyers know about this.

Everyone who's around in gaming for more than a decade knows that he's known as a Blizzard product enjoyer so I'm not really surprised that a wow/heartstone player simply tried to show of some cocky behavior with the attempt to get good at poe only to fail lol.

There are some content creators out there who've actually contributed well to this game with either intense ingame testing of various things or overall a high level of skill to create good builds or guides across many leagues, but Kripp is not part of it.

I remember when PoE was new that Kripp tried to get into it, and he had a following, but his problem is that he didn't stick with it. I'm hard pressed to call it strictly a "skill issue" as you do, because he's a smart guy who is good at games and understand them easily... but for whatever reason--as you have pointed out--it wasn't for him. He didn't remain super relevant to the PoE scene for very long, nor very strongly. I don't hate on the guy, though. He just plays games I'm not that into, so I didn't watch a lot of his content.

I guess I'm saying that I think you're mostly right, but being a little too harsh about it.
bro its sooooo boring not even close to top tier, bottom tier really
S L O W E R
+1 in general, it widens the audience a little bit.
Innocence forgives you
I won't miss Kalguur, the concept is fun, but also a lot of micromanagement to keep things running, so I won't miss it, especially not when it's going to be dumbed/tuned down as a rework.

But if the exchange disappears, so will I. The exchange makes it possible that I actually can enjoy the game.

Hell this league might even hold my attention long enough for my first 40/40 ever, all because of the currency exchange I reached more goals then I ever did before.

"
Shadeless01 wrote:
I won't miss Kalguur, the concept is fun, but also a lot of micromanagement to keep things running, so I won't miss it, especially not when it's going to be dumbed/tuned down as a rework.

But if the exchange disappears, so will I. The exchange makes it possible that I actually can enjoy the game.

Hell this league might even hold my attention long enough for my first 40/40 ever, all because of the currency exchange I reached more goals then I ever did before.

I think I have to give credit to the shipments as well for this. Currency in general is just more accessible, so the rest of the game is--in a good way. You still have to put together a good build. You still have to play to earn. You still have to be good enough to pilot said build. But you are less restricted by resources than any other league, which makes it better than any other league, because you can actually play the build you want (within your expanded means), or try various builds.

Usually this game is a 1-2 character per league deal and I'm out because it's just too time-consuming to get resources for more than that. I have like 5 characters this league. Three of them I sort of put on hold because the other two hold my interest more, but the fact that I could even do that is huge. I work 50-60 hours a week. I can't just amass endless currency all day every day. This league hits that perfect balance of accessibility and play time commitment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info