Kalguur is a home run.

"
Pashid wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:
Favorite league ever I'm pretty sure, I just wish I had more free time to play.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: if this goes core it needs to be less "mandatory" it needs to be a fun thing you CAN DO IF YOU LIKE IT much like Delve and Heist.

If it goes core tuned so that "Div per hour" sweats and streamers feel obligated to level it up every league its going to be a new source of reddit essays about how it should be deleted from the game.

But if they put it in as a side thing you can do even though its not optimal Div per hour it'll be fine.

But you can do it as side content just like delve or heist or skip it all over.
You can visit your town ever so often and interact with it like you would with delve or heist or you don't.
You can run your heist contracts or delve away your Sulphite for a few extra currency or just skip it same as making use of your gold or not.

All the league mechanics are not mandatory and I'm not sure where all the "streamer got this amount of currency" fomo is coming from lately.

I didn't say you couldn't, in fact I said they feel like they're optional due to their balancing.. you seem to be misunderstanding. I am hoping GGG doesn't balance the town in core in a way that makes it feel mandatory for THOSE GUYS. Because its probably best for the health of the game that they not be ranting about how much they want it deleted. I am considering how other people might react to a poor balancing point and hoping they nail it.

"lately"? This has been a thing since Kripp maybe you are just noticing it now or something?
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Sep 5, 2024, 8:16:32 PM
"
trixxar wrote:
Unpopular opinion - the town itself is just a complicated slot machine.

Everything in a videogame can also be viewed this way if we want to get fundamental up in this forum.

If I get you right what you're saying is you prefer your slot machine to be the existing one more than this new one. Which is fair enough. Calling the newer levers a slot machine is how you're framing your preference. You're not wrong, everyone can like what they like but it is all just a series of cost vs reward levers that are more or less fun to pull.

This is why I hope they nail the balancing. People who don't like the mechanic are really not going to love re-leveling it every league if its considered the correct meta strategy to do.
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
alhazred70 wrote:

"lately"? This has been a thing since Kripp maybe you are just noticing it now or something?

Yes lately as the high level of fomo has been quite out of control since the last few leagues especially really bad this league.
But it's safe to say that a random Hearthstone blizzard gamer dude playing PoE occasionally and being pretty much close to irrelevant for the game has little to no relationship with the fomo of some players here lol.

But I take it you think that the current state of the league mechanic is not optimal enough cause players with more playtime and investment do make more than someone with less time. Shocking concept that we've surely never seen in any other league before that players with more playtime end up yielding more rewards by doing more content.

Just a big fomo issue if you look at what other get or make instead of just playing the game
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Sep 5, 2024, 10:45:31 PM
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:

Everything in a videogame can also be viewed this way if we want to get fundamental up in this forum.

If I get you right what you're saying is you prefer your slot machine to be the existing one more than this new one. Which is fair enough. Calling the newer levers a slot machine is how you're framing your preference. You're not wrong, everyone can like what they like but it is all just a series of cost vs reward levers that are more or less fun to pull.

This is why I hope they nail the balancing. People who don't like the mechanic are really not going to love re-leveling it every league if its considered the correct meta strategy to do.

Personally I like slot machines that slightly reward skill at least. Blight you can fail. The rewards are RNG but you can fail the encounter. Same with heist. You also choose which chests to open, you cant get them all. Same with expedition, or ultimatum.

I just dont feel like Im choosing anything in Kalguur, its a PURE slot machine, while the others are... influenced slot machines.
"
trixxar wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:

Personally I like slot machines that slightly reward skill at least. Blight you can fail. The rewards are RNG but you can fail the encounter. Same with heist. You also choose which chests to open, you cant get them all. Same with expedition, or ultimatum.

I just dont feel like Im choosing anything in Kalguur, its a PURE slot machine, while the others are... influenced slot machines.

Honestly, my favorite "slot machines" in this game are the kinds where you try to kill as many monsters as you can very quickly (Breach/Delirium/Legion) or that just spawn lots of packs around an objective (Shrines/Strongboxes).
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
Aren't these the most boring ones? What are you expecting to drop, a divine? Meanwhile, mechanics like Ritual and Delirium offer a wide variety of loot instead of boring currency
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Sep 6, 2024, 3:34:36 AM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:

Yes lately as the high level of fomo has been quite out of control since the last few leagues especially really bad this league.
But it's safe to say that a random Hearthstone blizzard gamer dude playing PoE occasionally and being pretty much close to irrelevant for the game has little to no relationship with the fomo of some players here lol.

But I take it you think that the current state of the league mechanic is not optimal enough cause players with more playtime and investment do make more than someone with less time. Shocking concept that we've surely never seen in any other league before that players with more playtime end up yielding more rewards by doing more content.

Just a big fomo issue if you look at what other get or make instead of just playing the game

My guy kripp is the original PoE streamer, the fomo has been here since forever. The "optimize fun out of the game" is the mindset of ARPGs

And missing out on build/strats is real thing since GGG tends to overnerf
+1 from me, I think straight currency rewards are boring whereas the mechanics that produce "interesting" loot, that being double corruptions/synth/bases/well rolled etc are far more enjoyable for actually finding loot.

We kinda need both, as currency drops pay the bills but we don't need too many straight currency mechanics or they just devalue each other.
"
Pashid wrote:

The league mechanic is TOO OPTIMAL in my opinion right now.

Also Its pretty clear you're not very aware of the goings on in the POE community currently considering how often you get on your anti streamer soap box but once upon a time Kripp was the big POE streamer not sure how long you've played and I'm not going to bother to go look because account dates are meaningless; but just take my word for it he was a big thing before your time and most knowledgeable POE enjoyers know about this.

I guess It doesn't matter that I explained twice exactly why I am concerned with the balance, you keep trying to reduce it to pure FOMO. Maybe its easier for you to understand if you insist thats all it is, so what can I do.
Last edited by alhazred70 on Sep 6, 2024, 5:23:45 PM
i hope the currency exchange goes core. dont care about the rest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info