Players have less recovery is such a terrible map mod

"
Pizzarugi wrote:

What alch&go build exists that can deal with 60%-100% reduced recovery? Far as I understand, that modifier affects all forms of recovery including flasks, leech, and energy shield recharge. Barring extremely niche builds that trigger gems when stunned or taking damage, or if you can somehow obtain instant leech, such a modifier renders almost every build unable to run the map.

Every build that can make use of a diadem laughs at the reduced recovery rate mod and you can build a lot of builds around this unique if you want to, or simply roll past the mod if you can't run it.
Aside of that there are also other ways to bypass the reduced recovery so it's not a entirely "impossible" mod.

And in this league corrupted maps can be handed over to your map runners which will happily take care of the maps that you can't handle or reroll anymore.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Aug 29, 2024, 5:51:07 PM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

Let's face it, it's a stupid mod and the arguments used to defend it match the mod.

for most mods i reason that its as the devs intended where not all build can run it.

but for reduced recovery its almost the entire playerbase except for very niche builds.

i even used bloodmagic being removed from the map mod pool and yet people are fine with the bad mod existing.

i really dont expect too much nowadays from people just accepting things being terrible.

pretty sure theres a lot of people who dont want automated trade in the forums
[Removed by Support]
I can run reduced recovery. Normal ES build, well aside from it being bleed but that has nothing to do with recovery.

Nothing niche about it otherwise.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
"
I can run reduced recovery. Normal ES build, well aside from it being bleed but that has nothing to do with recovery.

Nothing niche about it otherwise.

not directed to you specifically but to a lot of other people who have no issue with this mod responding to this thread, it sounds more of

"it doesnt affect me, thus there is no problem"
[Removed by Support]
Not directed at you just "must run a very niche build"

I show a not niche build. Much less very

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 30, 2024, 12:30:31 AM
i think i neglected to mention that players that have good clear rate also normally dont care about such things as reduced recovery mod since it becomes a non issue.

[Removed by Support]
The very niche build of "uses an instant life flask", maybe with Soul of Ralakesh.

I would be ok with this mod if their was more life and mana gain on hit in the game.

I am kind of done with any map mod that targets my character. I don't what to have to input the mods into pob to see, ' huh I'm fine' or 'goodness that is stupid, glad I checked before seeing how this one map mod makes me take 300% more damage.'

Might as well bring back the blood magic mod.
"
Jadian wrote:
The very niche build of "uses an instant life flask", maybe with Soul of Ralakesh.

Sure, if you use life for your abilities. Mana doesn't have an equivalent.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Jadian wrote:

Sure, if you use life for your abilities. Mana doesn't have an equivalent.

The map mod is only for recovery rate of Life and Energy Shield. Recovery rate of Mana is unaffected, so mana doesn't need special measures. Energy Shield would need other measures, such as Ghost Dance or instant ES leech; I'll admit to not knowing as many alternatives here due to infrequent use of ES builds.

If using Eldritch Battery, you could also consider dropping an aura for some extra unreserved mana as backup, and using a mana flask.

The altar mod does also affect mana recovery, but there are flask countermeasures for mana there as well. Seething or Bubbling Mana Flasks for reduced but instant recovery. Foreboding Flasks for increased instant recovery that occurs at the end of the flask effect instead of immediately, useful if you have a lot of unreserved mana and a high mana cost. Lavianga's Spirit for no mana costs during the flask effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info