Players have less recovery is such a terrible map mod

"
exsea wrote:
to those that say stuff like its a currency sink etc. i hear you.

BUT.

look at GGG's intentions.

map mods can be categorized under the following:

1. dangerous to players
2. makes enemies tanky
3. misc stuff that most players dont care and some that players purposely want to look for
4. virtually build breaking/neutering for certain builds (avoid ailments/reduced crit damage/reduced accuracy/reduced aura effectiveness)
5. build breaking for a huge number of players.

1,2,3 are stuff thats typically fair as it affects ALL players equally but not exactly build breaking. if you run a dangerous mod and you die, thats on you but it's not exactly build breaking and you still can complete the map somewhat albeit maybe requiring portals.

the issue comes with 4 and 5.

number 4 is still reasonable. it bricks the map for an arguably small portion of players but is still runnable by a large portion of players.

number 5 is something that i feel is something GGG should review.

why do i say that? before i go there i ll bring up "cannot be leeched" and "cannot regen" mods. either one can affect a very large number of players alone while having both of them is usually considered a brick.

but its actually still doable. you can still use flasks.

now when it comes to less recovery, i would say this affects 99.99% of players. its a total brick for almost the entirety of POE players.

especially with atlas passives that grant increased effect of map mods. you essentially gain 0 life/ 0 mana from any way except on kill or on hit effect like using thieves' torment.

i would say this is without doubt affecting a very significant portion of the playerbase.

this circles back to GGG and their intent. is their intent to make something intentionally bad for all players?

i would argue that this is actually an unintended interaction that GGG SHOULD review.

why would i come to this conclusion? blood magic. once upon a time, "Players use bloodmagic" was a map mod. this bricked the map for arguably most of the entire playerbase except for those who were already running bloodmagic.

it was effectively a dead mod. "no one" wanted that mod.

now we go back to the present. less recovery.

TBFH, less recovery is ONLY ANNOYING. its not game breaking. but that is if and only if it worked the way it did back 7-8 years ago, where 60% less recovery was just 60% less recovery. you still recovered your life and mana, just you recovered less.

the problem is that in todays day and age we tend to end up getting nodes on our atlas tree that boost map mods. these nodes and how they interact with the mod is what makes the mod a dead mod. we're not stuck at 60% less recovery, its more like "YOU CANT RECOVER SHIT".

so its a mod that is on par with blood magic.

thus i would request GGG to review this mod. you got rid of blood magic for a reason. come on lets get rid of this one too.

100%

And all the top nodes are forcing players to take inc effect of map mods as travel nodes

So it will always be above 60% less recovery, with it reaching 100% depending on your atlas nodes

It not only prevents regen like the - no regen mod

It also prevents leech, recoup, recovery, and flasks that are not instant

Way too obnoxious of a modifier IMO and it should be removed
Last edited by Bloomania on Aug 29, 2024, 11:35:14 AM
On a league start when unlocking the atlas don't take to many of the % nodes, since you have to play all kinds of random corrupted maps.
After that use a regex to roll your maps. There is a link to a regex generator on maxroll, just google it^^
Also don't be to greedy and avoid to click on certain eater altars. It's not worth it unless it's divines^^
Last edited by Strickl3r on Aug 29, 2024, 12:33:07 PM
I dont see how thats an issue, roll past a mod that you cant do or have trouble with.

Not alien in this game at all.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 29, 2024, 12:48:27 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
It's called currency sink, something every game has in one or another way.
If you don't like rerolling maps you could just roll a alc&go viable character which doesn't give the slightest care about any map mods

What alch&go build exists that can deal with 60%-100% reduced recovery? Far as I understand, that modifier affects all forms of recovery including flasks, leech, and energy shield recharge. Barring extremely niche builds that trigger gems when stunned or taking damage, or if you can somehow obtain instant leech, such a modifier renders almost every build unable to run the map.

I don't think it's reasonable to make a CWDT or CWS build just to run these maps.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Aug 29, 2024, 1:55:00 PM
"
Mashgesture wrote:
I dont see how thats an issue, roll past a mod that you cant do or have trouble with.

You can't reroll corrupted maps. Can we please stop using "reroll" as an argument when corruption scarabs and bad vaal orb rolls exist? And no, "just buy maps 5head" isn't a reasonable suggestion either. Unless they're occupied by guardians, you shouldn't have to trade for maps you need.

I understand the need to reroll a map if there's a mod that hard-counters your build (even though I don't like it), but this mod counters almost every build in the game. If GGG hard-capped it at 60% regardless of explicit node investment on the atlas tree, this would be tolerable.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Aug 29, 2024, 1:51:59 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Mashgesture wrote:

You can't reroll corrupted maps. Can we please stop using "reroll" as an argument when corruption scarabs and bad vaal orb rolls exist? And no, "just buy maps 5head" isn't a reasonable suggestion either. Unless they're occupied by guardians, you shouldn't have to trade for maps you need.

I understand the need to reroll a map if there's a mod that hard-counters your build (even though I don't like it), but this mod counters almost every build in the game. If GGG hard-capped it at 60% regardless of explicit node investment on the atlas tree, this would be tolerable.

Op did not say it was a corrupted map.

How is this not true about reflect?

How is this not true for -max res?

-suppress?

What about the t17 modifiers?

I mean I could go on but again, this is not alien in this game.

Roll past mods you cannot do
Get a different map if its corrupted

Simple solutions for simple problems.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
"
Mashgesture wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Mashgesture wrote:

Op did not say it was a corrupted map.

How is this not true about reflect?

How is this not true for -max res?

-suppress?

What about the t17 modifiers?

I mean I could go on but again, this is not alien in this game.

Roll past mods you cannot do
Get a different map if its corrupted

Simple solutions for simple problems.

Just because they didn't mention corrupted on their map, it doesn't make my argument any less valid.

The difference between reflect, -max res, and -suppress is that it only affects a small number of builds at any one time. Meanwhile, -recovery affects just about every build in the game that isn't CWDT, CWS, or has some form of instant leech.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Just because they didn't mention corrupted on their map, it doesn't make my argument any less valid.

The difference between reflect, -max res, and -suppress is that it only affects a small number of builds at any one time. Meanwhile, -recovery affects just about every build in the game that isn't CWDT, CWS, or has some form of instant leech.

Or LoH. Anyway, reminder: corrupted maps can be "rerolled" with harvest.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Aug 29, 2024, 3:09:59 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

There is also the big difference that those things have counterplay. Get reflect immunity, use a Loreweave, don't rely on suppress etc.

Recovery on the other hand? Be vaal pact (in which case you better pray it's not coming along with no leech) or have LoH with lot's of hits which comes down to steel skills, Molten Strike and maybe a few others that can leverage the mechanic enough.

Let's face it, it's a stupid mod and the arguments used to defend it match the mod.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Aug 29, 2024, 4:15:11 PM
Fact of the matter is there are all build disabling mods, you roll past them if you cant do them. There is no "majority of builds cant do..." argument that even stays consistent here.

I highly doubt they will remove something like cannot regen as seen by other mods of the same magnitude receiving this same feedback over the years. And yes I am specifically talking about reflect. I dont know how many threads that have come and gone for that mod.

Not everyone has the option to "get reflect immunity". Not everyone has the option to "not rely on spell suppress", or block, or steal charges (theres a forum thread about that mod as well), or less block, or -res, or conc ground, less cooldown.

What people can do, and what you should do, is reroll the map, or get a different one if you cant do a corrupted map.

We have seen threads come and go for t17 modifiers as well, players marked for death, petrification statues, drowning orbs, no damage for x seconds out of 10 seconds, volatile cores (lmfao)...

Roll your maps, GGG has made it clear they dont just want you "winning" at everything. Not everything is going to be 100% fair all the time every time. Cannot regen is just another example in a long line of mods they are CONTINUING to expand on.

And the OP is talking about less regen as well, not cannot regen. Cmon... thats not even that bad. Pfft less recovery...

And read what you click on altars, this is no different than doing expedition, and picking a mod you cant do.
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 29, 2024, 5:07:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info