Players have less recovery is such a terrible map mod

Players have less recovery is such a terrible map mod

There is no counter play to it, you cannot put on any piece of gear or offset it via pantheon

It kills many builds or makes many builds nearly impossible to keep healthy during mapping

Sure I can run the mod, but man is it annoying and frustrating to see this mod

It's also a mod on altars that scales per endurance charge, oops you clicked on it as a jugg or someone who has 10 endurance charges....

Now you cannot recover health...

Both of these mods have no place in POE

Please remove them from the game and come up with something else
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2024, 6:43:08 PM
Or hear me out

CHAOS ORB THE MAP
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I don't get this complaint.

That's how a lot of map mods work? Like the build I'm currently levelling absolutely cannot, under any circumstances, handle a no regen map.

So I reroll the map.
@OP i am not a fan of "ok just have to reroll this one" map mods either, i think they are dumb. But GGG apparently sees the need for ways to drain chaos orbs out of the economy and map mods are one of the main methods of doing so. You aren't supposed to run those mods, they are literally just there to make you waste currency. It's not great but i wouldn't expect it to change.
It's called currency sink, something every game has in one or another way.
If you don't like rerolling maps you could just roll a alc&go viable character which doesn't give the slightest care about any map mods
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Huh? You are playing a Slayer even with a Mageblood what?

I run 8 mod maps unidentified with my Slayer and don´t care about anything.
Also with every explicit increased note on the Atlas Tree. No issues at all.

The only thing i had to change is to link my Leap Slam with Brutality instead of Momentum (doesnt neeed it anyway) so i don´t die randomly to ele reflect.
to those that say stuff like its a currency sink etc. i hear you.

BUT.

look at GGG's intentions.

map mods can be categorized under the following:

1. dangerous to players
2. makes enemies tanky
3. misc stuff that most players dont care and some that players purposely want to look for
4. virtually build breaking/neutering for certain builds (avoid ailments/reduced crit damage/reduced accuracy/reduced aura effectiveness)
5. build breaking for a huge number of players.

1,2,3 are stuff thats typically fair as it affects ALL players equally but not exactly build breaking. if you run a dangerous mod and you die, thats on you but it's not exactly build breaking and you still can complete the map somewhat albeit maybe requiring portals.

the issue comes with 4 and 5.

number 4 is still reasonable. it bricks the map for an arguably small portion of players but is still runnable by a large portion of players.

number 5 is something that i feel is something GGG should review.

why do i say that? before i go there i ll bring up "cannot be leeched" and "cannot regen" mods. either one can affect a very large number of players alone while having both of them is usually considered a brick.

but its actually still doable. you can still use flasks.

now when it comes to less recovery, i would say this affects 99.99% of players. its a total brick for almost the entirety of POE players.

especially with atlas passives that grant increased effect of map mods. you essentially gain 0 life/ 0 mana from any way except on kill or on hit effect like using thieves' torment.

i would say this is without doubt affecting a very significant portion of the playerbase.

this circles back to GGG and their intent. is their intent to make something intentionally bad for all players?

i would argue that this is actually an unintended interaction that GGG SHOULD review.

why would i come to this conclusion? blood magic. once upon a time, "Players use bloodmagic" was a map mod. this bricked the map for arguably most of the entire playerbase except for those who were already running bloodmagic.

it was effectively a dead mod. "no one" wanted that mod.

now we go back to the present. less recovery.

TBFH, less recovery is ONLY ANNOYING. its not game breaking. but that is if and only if it worked the way it did back 7-8 years ago, where 60% less recovery was just 60% less recovery. you still recovered your life and mana, just you recovered less.

the problem is that in todays day and age we tend to end up getting nodes on our atlas tree that boost map mods. these nodes and how they interact with the mod is what makes the mod a dead mod. we're not stuck at 60% less recovery, its more like "YOU CANT RECOVER SHIT".

so its a mod that is on par with blood magic.

thus i would request GGG to review this mod. you got rid of blood magic for a reason. come on lets get rid of this one too.

[Removed by Support]
This currency sink could do with better UI, "spam and read" multiplied by grind amount gets tiresome.

Solution: assign chaos cost to every map mod, and let players preselect the mods they do not want on the map, via another map device craft option. Then map gets rolled once with other "allowed" mods, and combined chaos cost is paid.

I'd rather pay more chaos (compared to average cost of current random reroll) than sit and click every map like a monkey, even if it is "just" 3-5 clicks.
Absolutely! Especially when it's 100%, haha
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Or hear me out

CHAOS ORB THE MAP

Twist of fate
Carto scarab of risk
Vaal orbs

Are you a new player?
Did you not know there are ways in which the mod is applied to your map and you can't just "chaos" orb it?
Well, now you know

The entire point of my feedback is that its a terrible mod that most builds cannot deal with

It's just a bad mod with no counter play and if you mis-click an altar with the mod it can brick the map...

But maybe you're not at tier 14 maps yet so you don't run into altars, and maybe you run maps without any mods

That's not how everyone plays

My build CAN run the mod, its just an annoying mod that I think is bad for the game and many people CANNOT run the mod

My feedback is not just for what I WANT, but for what's good for the game

Last edited by Bloomania on Aug 29, 2024, 11:30:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info