Kalguur going core - suggested changes

"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
FearZGamer wrote:

It should absolutly not go core, it was an amazing league and the mechanic was awesome, but every single league having to upgrade your town, manage the gold pressure at endgame (prices start getting absurd if you are not purpusefully farming for gold), getting all crews, it would be awful.

And you say "just dont interact with it", sure just dont interact with a mechanic that passively prints your divines/mirror shards. You would be called dumb if you didnt interact with the town, making it absolutly mandatory.

So, because you don't want to reset Kingsmarch every league (even though you already replay the campaign and reset your Atlas), you don't want it to come back because FOMO? I'm perfectly happy to do all of that, because it's playing the game. =0[.]o=

Someone that didnt even reach act 5 this league is talking about the league mechanic?Am I seeing it right?
Last edited by Satan on Feb 10, 1692, 10:00:00 PM
If they bake this in they need to not make the mistakes of heist and lose the overhead, I absolutely love this league but In no way do i want to upgrade the town every league it would be a toxic chore that put me off everytime (in the same way doing the initial setup for heist is).

I realise that requires a solution for the other elements but that's fine, just anything but adding another 30 mandatory hoops to jump through every league.

Heist and Delve both have the problem compared to the other types of content.

"
FearZGamer wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
FearZGamer wrote:

It should absolutly not go core, it was an amazing league and the mechanic was awesome, but every single league having to upgrade your town, manage the gold pressure at endgame (prices start getting absurd if you are not purpusefully farming for gold), getting all crews, it would be awful.

And you say "just dont interact with it", sure just dont interact with a mechanic that passively prints your divines/mirror shards. You would be called dumb if you didnt interact with the town, making it absolutly mandatory.

So, because you don't want to reset Kingsmarch every league (even though you already replay the campaign and reset your Atlas), you don't want it to come back because FOMO? I'm perfectly happy to do all of that, because it's playing the game. =0[.]o=

Someone that didnt even reach act 5 this league is talking about the league mechanic?Am I seeing it right?

My wife and I are enjoying the game at our own pace, thank you very much. And what little you see on my account is scarcely the whole picture. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
tune it optional like Delve and heist 100% should go core

if it goes core and its "optimal div per hour" then it will quickly be hated by the people who don't want to level their town.

So avoid this problem by making it decent if you invest into it. Ala Delve and Heist.

Also tangent: Delve is at a point where they could just remove sulphite from the game. Like you barely get gold in there (in my experience anyway), there's no league mechanics, you're not getting ore nodes, there's so much you're giving up to run around in delve. time for sulphite to go away.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
FearZGamer wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
FearZGamer wrote:

How much or little someones played isn't the argument.

IMO they should definitely not tune this so you blaster guys feel compelled to always do it.

That would be a mistake. Do you always feel compelled to level every heist member? I bet you only do that if you enjoy it or you're SSF and you want to use a heist base/unique.

Do you always Delve to 6000 or whatever? Maybe if you enjoy it...

Tune it right and the town will be right in the same place as those two. Everyone wins.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Aug 30, 2024, 12:01:30 AM
"

Oh really?So someone talking about how good/bad a mechanic is without even having interacted with it doesnt matter? I go in a league, play for 5 minutes, dont even interact with the new league mechanic and I'm supost to have a valid opinion about it?

"I havent even played heist one single time or know how it works but I think its an awful mechanic and GGG should remove it", you see how absurd it would be if I said something like that?

An opinion about something only matter to the degree of which you've experienced/understand it.

Last edited by Satan on Feb 10, 1692, 10:00:00 PM
"
FearZGamer wrote:
"
Felix44 wrote:
Why shouldn't it go core exactly as it is? Feels more like an expansion than a league mechanic to me. It's not any more rewarding than any other game mechanic. Seems fairly balanced in all aspects. I really wouldn't change a thing about it - fits very well into the core game as it is now.

"Not more rewarding than any other game mechanic" - mechanic that prints so much mirror shards that tanked the mirror price.

Just keep currency trade (obviously), the gold gamba for excess gold, and probably recombinators would be cool to go core too.

Getting 30 div on a big shipment every 5 days isn't really wow, you make more with nearly everything else. The fact that it happens to be a mirror shard instead of the actual 30 div lowers the price of mirrors - maybe some people are annoyed by that, idk. It really seems of no consequence to me.

Having to say the gold thing for the upteenth time is tiring, but here I go again - gold really isn't an issue if you just play a couple hours. I'm as endgame as it gets and never had any big issues. The "pressure" is imaginary. Nothing happens if you run out of gold. So tired of this "FOMO" bullshit, really...you probably missed hundreds of magebloods by not running that additional map before going to bed.

"You would be called dumb" who tf even cares. I play what I want and what's fun. I always make currency from it, regardless what it is. Everything in this game makes proper currency if you know how to farm and sell it. Especially now with the CM it's so much easier for everyone to buy and sell.

I don't find Kingsmarch any more rewarding than other current league mechanic. Might've been before the dust changes, but now you have to farm dust at all times to have enough for big shipments, so it takes about 4-5 days to even send one anyway. I make more than 30 div in 4-5 days doing almost anything else.
Last edited by Felix44 on Aug 30, 2024, 10:23:16 AM
"
FearZGamer wrote:
"

Oh really?So someone talking about how good/bad a mechanic is without even having interacted with it doesnt matter? I go in a league, play for 5 minutes, dont even interact with the new league mechanic and I'm supost to have a valid opinion about it?

"I havent even played heist one single time or know how it works but I think its an awful mechanic and GGG should remove it", you see how absurd it would be if I said something like that?

An opinion about something only matter to the degree of which you've experienced/understand it.

Oh, but I have interacted with Settlers, quite a lot. Now use your imagination, and try to think of how that might be, given what you've discovered. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info