Future of the game looks grim

"
Orbaal wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
i just hope they wont completely abandon current poe

Why would they?

Didnt they say the past couple of leagues has been developed by a crew of 12-15 people? Making that financially viable or even profitable isnt that hard.

Plus they are planning to release staggered leagues with 6-8 weeks in between each launch. How many people are still playing actively in any given league past the 6-8 week mark?
Not that many.

Real question is: Are players going to burn out, if they feel the need to partake in every single launch scenario for both games and go superhard for a week or two?

Time will tell.

Would love a source for them confirming staggered league launches, as I said it would be the best method but not yet seen them confirm this officially
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Settlers has even better retention and player numbers than Affliction. I am not sure where you see a downward trend, Roundish. Day 24 had twice as many people playing as Sentinel.

It also started with more 100k players according do steam charts. Those, who I believe are new players, are mostly still around because they have a slower pace (for what I have noticed in global chat).
Nonetheless, in less than three weeks the game lost nearly 50% of the players so comparing it to Affliction is absurd since the player retention there was really good.
If a million players start a league and you lose 80% of the players you would have the best league in numbers but when you truly take a look into it you have a bad league. The % numbers is all it matters and this league is not that great.
"
TIGRElaranja wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Settlers has even better retention and player numbers than Affliction. I am not sure where you see a downward trend, Roundish. Day 24 had twice as many people playing as Sentinel.

It also started with more 100k players according do steam charts. Those, who I believe are new players, are mostly still around because they have a slower pace (for what I have noticed in global chat).
Nonetheless, in less than three weeks the game lost nearly 50% of the players so comparing it to Affliction is absurd since the player retention there was really good.
If a million players start a league and you lose 80% of the players you would have the best league in numbers but when you truly take a look into it you have a bad league. The % numbers is all it matters and this league is not that great.

That is not how retention works. The game didn't "lose" those players. It is obvious that most people will make time for a new league at the start and put in many hours. After that initial "rush period" most players stay active, but you'll see less people concurrently as they go back to work & other business and have less time to play PoE per day.

There are 86,600 seconds in a day. If 86,600 players play for 1 second a day, one after another, you would only see 1 concurrent player for the entire day. However, your active player base is still 86,600 players.

That is why it's just plain wrong to say those players are "lost." That is simply not how that statistics work.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Aug 23, 2024, 5:27:40 AM
Oh my, is it that time again already?

"
And so we arrive, with the inevitability of the river meeting the sea, at the point in these threads where someone boldly announces that they do not understand the difference between concurrent players and active players, and cites their own ignorance as evidence that the game is dying.

C'est la vie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info