Mappers absolutely suck

"
It cost me 300-500K gold to get enough mappers to even run a red map (2 t10s, 1 t9 and 2 t8s). I set them to run maps when I went to bed. Someone died on the second map and they stopped running maps... What is even the point of this mechanic? I have to babysit the mappers and check in on thm every 15 minutes?? It's just a gold sink with no return? It's wildly disappointing and now shipping is also nerfed into the ground so the only thing left is recombinators... This league mechanic should have been the best of all time but they always drop the ball like this with stupid decisions like 1% risk being minimum, I can't stand it. Even if it meant T1 maps were the highest you could run with 0% risk I would only run those. Instead of playing the league for many more weeks like planned, I just don't care anymore, wildwood suck(does literally nothing positive at all), ground loot sucks (3 raw div in 1 million kills LMAO), league mechanic loot sucks. Why is fun always hated :(

tl;dr: Having a 1% minimum chance for mappers to die is like having a 1% chance for a random piece of gear to be deleted every time you complete a map. Complete nonsense.

If you're just here to vent before league quitting, then that's fine. But if you are looking for some advice to improve your rewards:

1. Shipping isn't nerfed. It's actually the most OP mechanic ever, go check some reddit/YT if you don't believe me. TLDR,

50m shipment, crops + dust only, with dust making up no greater than 50% of the total value, = 0-7 mirror shards, 0-14d, 0-7 power rune. On average you can expect 2.5 mirror shards.

2. Adjust your expectations and approach to mappers.

-Think of them as the last thing to do with your extra gold. Focus on running your farm, dust mill, and shipping first.

-You should be rolling for employees occasionally, as you want 18 lvl10 farmers. In the process you will get plenty of lvl9 mappers. Hire more than you need when you see them, it cost nothing to have em sit idle. A full set of 9's has no issue with alch'd t16, and a mix of 10's and 9's do 8-mod t16 at 1% chance to die-50-100% completion.

-They don't have to run constantly. Set up 12 when you have the extra gold, let em go. If they stop or finish, address it when convenient.

-Think of them as free (gold has no other value) and maps are everywhere.

-If youre running t16's with em, you can expect:
Lots of bubblegum currency
Good amount of league-specific drops like catalyst and harvest juice
Occasional divines
Occasional Valdo's
Maven's chisels
Tons of low-tier uniques and rare jewelry for dusting (main benefit of mappers IMO)
Occasional good rares. Multi T1 affix items that you can easily finish with a bench craft + eldritch and sell.

You should not expect:
T0 unique
T0 currency

Also keep in mind,the league mechanic does not have to be central to your gameplay. you CAN just ignore mappers and ship/farm, but why would you if youre generating gold.

Perspective reference, my town setup:
Farm- 7 lvl10, 11 lvl9
Mappers- 2-4lvl 10, rest 9's (varies based on deaths, never had all 10s)
I run 1 device when actively mapping t16's, and let it run before bed if I have the extra gold. I was running 2 or 3 devices when actively mapping t17's sometimes, but right now I think saving the gold for rolling for farmers/mappers is more valueable.
Shipping- 6 lvl10, lots of low lvls for doing small shipments
Duster- mix of 10's and 9's
Mine/Smelt, 1 lvl 10 assigned to each ore/bar type (just saves on space of total employees and I dont see a reason to have more than 1 worker there)

Results:

Shipping: 3 50m shipments completed, pretty average result of 4 mirror shards, 10-15d, 10ish power runes. ~200d profit

Mappers: No jackpots. At least 20 valdo's, ~10 raw div.
Several rare boots/gloves that sold for 2-4d with only an added bench craft/eldritch and maybe exalt slam.
The majority of my dust comes from mapper jewelry/belts.
“Freedom is what we do with what is done to us.”
Last edited by Piousqd on Sep 11, 2024, 10:55:37 AM
"
Piousqd wrote:
"
It cost me 300-500K gold to get enough mappers to even run a red map (2 t10s, 1 t9 and 2 t8s). I set them to run maps when I went to bed. Someone died on the second map and they stopped running maps... What is even the point of this mechanic? I have to babysit the mappers and check in on thm every 15 minutes?? It's just a gold sink with no return? It's wildly disappointing and now shipping is also nerfed into the ground so the only thing left is recombinators... This league mechanic should have been the best of all time but they always drop the ball like this with stupid decisions like 1% risk being minimum, I can't stand it. Even if it meant T1 maps were the highest you could run with 0% risk I would only run those. Instead of playing the league for many more weeks like planned, I just don't care anymore, wildwood suck(does literally nothing positive at all), ground loot sucks (3 raw div in 1 million kills LMAO), league mechanic loot sucks. Why is fun always hated :(

tl;dr: Having a 1% minimum chance for mappers to die is like having a 1% chance for a random piece of gear to be deleted every time you complete a map. Complete nonsense.

If you're just here to vent before league quitting, then that's fine. But if you are looking for some advice to improve your rewards:

1. Shipping isn't nerfed. It's actually the most OP mechanic ever, go check some reddit/YT if you don't believe me. TLDR,

50m shipment, crops + dust only, with dust making up no greater than 50% of the total value, = 0-7 mirror shards, 0-14d, 0-7 power rune. On average you can expect 2.5 mirror shards.

2. Adjust your expectations and approach to mappers.

-Think of them as the last thing to do with your extra gold. Focus on running your farm, dust mill, and shipping first.

-You should be rolling for employees occasionally, as you want 18 lvl10 farmers. In the process you will get plenty of lvl9 mappers. Hire more than you need when you see them, it cost nothing to have em sit idle. A full set of 9's has no issue with alch'd t16, and a mix of 10's and 9's do 8-mod t16 at 1% chance to die-50-100% completion.

-They don't have to run constantly. Set up 12 when you have the extra gold, let em go. If they stop or finish, address it when convenient.

-Think of them as free (gold has no other value) and maps are everywhere.

-If youre running t16's with em, you can expect:
Lots of bubblegum currency
Good amount of league-specific drops like catalyst and harvest juice
Occasional divines
Occasional Valdo's
Maven's chisels
Tons of low-tier uniques and rare jewelry for dusting (main benefit of mappers IMO)
Occasional good rares. Multi T1 affix items that you can easily finish with a bench craft + eldritch and sell.

You should not expect:
T0 unique
T0 currency

Also keep in mind,the league mechanic does not have to be central to your gameplay. you CAN just ignore mappers and ship/farm, but why would you if youre generating gold.

Perspective reference, my town setup:
Farm- 7 lvl10, 11 lvl9
Mappers- 2-4lvl 10, rest 9's (varies based on deaths, never had all 10s)
I run 1 device when actively mapping t16's, and let it run before bed if I have the extra gold. I was running 2 or 3 devices when actively mapping t17's sometimes, but right now I think saving the gold for rolling for farmers/mappers is more valueable.
Shipping- 6 lvl10, lots of low lvls for doing small shipments
Duster- mix of 10's and 9's
Mine/Smelt, 1 lvl 10 assigned to each ore/bar type (just saves on space of total employees and I dont see a reason to have more than 1 worker there)

Results:

Shipping: 3 50m shipments completed, pretty average result of 4 mirror shards, 10-15d, 10ish power runes. ~200d profit

Mappers: No jackpots. At least 20 valdo's, ~10 raw div.
Several rare boots/gloves that sold for 2-4d with only an added bench craft/eldritch and maybe exalt slam.
The majority of my dust comes from mapper jewelry/belts.

Forgot in last post to address,

Wildwood doesnt do nothing, its just been detuned. Again, adjust expectations.

The only Hinekoras Lock I've dropped this league, was in a T17 with 8k+ wisp juice.

If you think ground loot sucks, maybe adjust your farm strat? Unless you are specifically targeting raw currency drops (with wildwood? lol) then you should be focused on your target of farm, not random raw divine.
“Freedom is what we do with what is done to us.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info