WTF is with the tornado damage

"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:

What is the mechanic that spawns them? I didn't play Sentinel.
I've had them multiple times and don't remember actively seeing the mechanic.

I don't mean to be "that guy" but....perhaps READ the things you click on that are new?

One of the ores you encounter literally tells you it spawns tornados of elemental damage all over the place lol.

It's amazing how much PoE community complains about not understanding things or not knowing things....when the game LITERALLY TELLS YOU!

Yes you DO mean to be "that guy"

And who said I was complaining?
You're not that guy, Jsus.

I am that guy.

@Everyone: If you aren't willing or able to read and comprehend the information on your screen, you are not playing the right game.
yeah, they have to be nerfed
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Turns out that you take damage when you stand in a mechanic you are not supposed to stand in. Crazy!

(bottom line is: cap your resistances)

Capped fire resist in A9, fire tornado nearly deletes me in 1.5 seconds. That's a little too much imo. I don't really complain about anything ever, but the tornados everywhere is kind of crazy. Especially as melee lol. They just sit on the boss.
+1
"
JayCy wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Turns out that you take damage when you stand in a mechanic you are not supposed to stand in. Crazy!

(bottom line is: cap your resistances)

Capped fire resist in A9, fire tornado nearly deletes me in 1.5 seconds. That's a little too much imo. I don't really complain about anything ever, but the tornados everywhere is kind of crazy. Especially as melee lol. They just sit on the boss.

Did it fine with melee.

You dont die in 1.5 seconds to something in the campaign you have resist for so it sounds like you had no resist for it, or did not die in "1.5 seconds".

I even did tornadoes with the brine king, and you cant move at all with him.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Jul 28, 2024, 10:50:28 AM
Sounds like your other defence called "Health" was a little low. So far haven't struggled one bit with them. Multiple times where I stood in them for 2 seconds and longer before moving out.

Granted, I play Chieftain, but even during campaign I was fine. And you can always react to them being there and moving away, as it is intended
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
The tornadoes as a mechanic seems interesting enough and would be fine, but I'm dying to them before they are even formed and before I can see them to react, like as they are spinning up, and sometimes it seems like they are hitting me before there is even any visible sign of them.

FWIW I am a Warden with little access to endurance charges until much later with endgame gear, still in white maps, 3000 life (working on it), 75% evade, essentially no armour (also working on it, but shouldn't matter for this topic as far as I'm aware), 75 all ele res, and capped spell suppress.

I assume they "hit" repeatedly with only ele damage. I would also assume they are a spell, like the Tornado skill, but if they are they are doing an extreme amount of damage seeing as I should be suppressing and only taking half of their damage and it's still practically instant. And if for some reason they were considered attacks I would be evading enough of the hits to at least stand a chance to get out of there. I understand it's early and we will probably all outscale them once our characters are better equipped, but this is rough.

Bottom line, way too much damage and too "instant". If I'm meant to be able to see them and get away before insta-death, they need a bit of a delay before they start ticking, especially if they are currently bugged as I suspect because they seem to exist and do damage before being visible in many cases. For now I can only hope that they do not scale further with area level, so maybe eventually I'll get to the point where they are less of an issue.

Someone mentioned you can block them? So should I try to invest in spell block?
Just dont stand in them.

"GGG this easily seen, and basically screaming for me to move mechanic, is killing me because I refuse to move; please nerf them"
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
The issue is one you click the altar you have tornados while you are occupied doing other things, like executing heist members, placing explosives. Reading harvest monster lists, building blight towers.

A tornado can easily kill a player who isn't blocked/evade capped, especially at league start.

On the plus side for retaliate glad, it let's me proc my attacks whenever by dipping inside the thing.

It's like having random insta kill mechanics spawn in and out of the map.

Also the altar says 'ushers in elemental energy into the area, grants magic and rare monsters additional elemental modifiers.' Can't really blame users for not knowing what it did when the important line seems to be adding mods to monsters, not elemental storms everywhere, including boss arenas like brine king where you might not be able to avoid it.
Last edited by roundishcap on Jul 28, 2024, 3:11:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info