WTF is with the tornado damage

I just got to act 6 and I hit a point I literally could not progress anymore. I have like 50% elemental resistance and fairly invested in defenses and yet I'm dying in less than 1 second from a tornado spawning in the circle to move the statues around.
Last edited by Barnchez on Jul 27, 2024, 3:39:30 AM
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2024, 12:11:38 AM
agree
Yeah the tornados feel very overtuned. They killed me the most in the campaign and harassed me during every boss lol.
*Never forgetting how good this game looked at 32:9 instead of 1/3 of my screen being black bars.*
The tornadoes only spawn if you activate them via the mechanic.

Dont do them if you cant handle them? Seems like a non-issue.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Turns out that you take damage when you stand in a mechanic you are not supposed to stand in. Crazy!

(bottom line is: cap your resistances)
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
I had a tornado do like 1200ish damage in act 7. 75 resist all.

Thankfully you can block its hits.

Some monster damage feels worse than last league, but not the league mechanic honestly.

Like innocence and brutis hit harder than my practice run with similar levels c of gear.
It's a terrible mechanic. I should be able to move to the corner of a map far from any living mobs, and go take care of something real quick. Then return with a ~low chance of having died. It's a big part of what makes this a "dad game". The ease of walking away and coming back. It really hurts their game, and I don't think they realize it. They last WAY too long as well. I killed Shakari, and I had to wait ~30 seconds for this tornado to leave me alone, to talk to sin.
Last edited by Uss_Liberty on Jul 27, 2024, 6:15:58 PM
"
Mashgesture wrote:
The tornadoes only spawn if you activate them via the mechanic.

What is the mechanic that spawns them? I didn't play Sentinel.
I've had them multiple times and don't remember actively seeing the mechanic.
"
Gulch wrote:

What is the mechanic that spawns them? I didn't play Sentinel.
I've had them multiple times and don't remember actively seeing the mechanic.

I don't mean to be "that guy" but....perhaps READ the things you click on that are new?

One of the ores you encounter literally tells you it spawns tornados of elemental damage all over the place lol.

It's amazing how much PoE community complains about not understanding things or not knowing things....when the game LITERALLY TELLS YOU!
Probably pickup radius got increased so that they could add some crazy mechanic like this that is basically built to kill people who pick up items or go idle in a map.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info