'Trading Orb': The One Currency to Fix Trade

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Intermediary currencies like gold do not solve what you determine to be a problem, SilverWF. On the contrary, you take away a key part of Path of Exile that is unique to the game. Not just that, but it'll make further changes to currency drop balance necessary...

We'll have gold in Path of Exile 2 already. Take it or leave it

The key part and unique to the game is....

combining gemstones with each other + specific gear, while creating new and exciting skills and their combinations. And simplified trading (single currency, automated trading) would only support and evolve this process.

Not frictions (lol, that word) while trading - not even close!

If someone wanna feel some 'frictions' - he should do something else, not POE lol
Auctioneer House - is a MUST!
Last edited by SilverWF on May 29, 2024, 1:53:08 PM
"
SilverWF wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Intermediary currencies like gold do not solve what you determine to be a problem, SilverWF. On the contrary, you take away a key part of Path of Exile that is unique to the game. Not just that, but it'll make further changes to currency drop balance necessary...

combining gemstones with each other , while creating new and exciting skills and their combinations. And simplified trading (single currency, automated trading) would only support and evolve this process.

If someone wanna feel some 'frictions' - he should do something else, not POE lol

I said that it is a key part of Path of Exile.

There are many things that distinct Path of Exile from other games in the genre, and not using a gold system is one of them. It's what PoE is built upon from the very beginning.

I have zero idea why you think bringing up the gem system in a debate over fundamental economy questions is a good idea, but I'll just call it what it is: whataboutism.

I get that English isn't your first language (neither is it mine), but friction is the correct word to describe how easy trading is, or is perceived to be. Then again, the mentioned double entendre fits the level of conversation, so there's that...
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on May 29, 2024, 1:59:01 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
SilverWF wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

combining gemstones with each other , while creating new and exciting skills and their combinations. And simplified trading (single currency, automated trading) would only support and evolve this process.

I said that it is a key part of Path of Exile.

There are many things that distinct Path of Exile from other games in the genre, and not using a gold system is one of them. It's what PoE is built upon from the very beginning.

I have zero idea why you think bringing up the gem system in a debate over fundamental economy questions is a good idea, but I'll just call it what it is: whataboutism.

I get that English isn't your first language (neither is it mine), but friction is the correct word to describe how easy trading is, or is perceived to be. Then again, the mentioned double entendre fits the level of conversation, so there's that...

Gem system is The or A or whatever part of the game

Dumb, 10th century BC natural exchange trading system is not, even if YOU feel it is

Frictions :D

If trading were easy here, then nobody would been asked to finally change it to something really easy and handful.

Flawless logic!
Last edited by SilverWF on May 29, 2024, 2:11:29 PM
"
If you dislike trading, just play SSF.
Why do you want to enforce your playstyle onto other players? There is specifically a mode to be unable to trade.

The problem is the game is balanced around trading, which effects SSF leagues as well. If most skills/builds feel bad because of the high gear expectations associated with easy trading, SSF becomes bound to metas and boring.

And it's just plain unhealthy for the game to have very easy/fast character progression. For example, it lowers the amount of time players spend playing on each character and playing overall. Most players quitting the four month league two weeks in is bad for business.
Last edited by D623932883 on May 29, 2024, 2:38:53 PM
"
D623932883 wrote:
"
Why do you want to enforce your playstyle onto other players? There is specifically a mode to be unable to trade.

The problem is the game is balanced around trading, which effects SSF leagues as well. If most skills/builds feel bad because of the high gear expectations associated with easy trading, SSF becomes bound to metas and boring.

And it's just plain unhealthy for the game to have very easy/fast character progression. For example, it lowers the amount of time players spend playing on each character and playing overall. Most players quitting the four month league two weeks in is bad for business.

Very fair point, GGG clearly state that easier trade would force them to reduce drop rates, thus leading to harming SSF. Adding friction to trade seems to be best solution, as trade is already very smooth (for people who know how basics work - it is instant).
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
SilverWF wrote:

Dumb, 10th century BC natural exchange trading system is not, even if YOU feel it is

If trading were easy here, then nobody would been asked to finally change it to something really easy and handful.

Flawless logic!

I really want to drive this point home: the gem system has NOTHING to do with this topic. The only connection you could draw is the inherent value rarer gems have, but that is as their function as a desirable purchase and not different from any other item that is sold on the market.

It's a diversion from the actual topic and, as explained in my prior post: whataboutism.

We're not playing a real world market simulation. Rather, we're an Exiled, cast away from Oriath and washed ashore a prison island. There is no established society with cushy 9 to 5 jobs or spending holidays at the cabin. This is Wraeclast. Your puny coins have no value. That axe you carry? That shall do. Here, take this bow. Now get to killing.

Trade has been and will always be a point of discussion, much like every other aspect of the game is.

If we make people bringing up other potential trade solutions.. people also argue that if we were to fly a plane to Antarctica we could see a giant ice wall and yonder even we'd fall off the face of Earth; doesn't mean they have a leg to stand on.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on May 29, 2024, 3:55:10 PM
"
D623932883 wrote:
"

They are leaving because this game has not many content to enjoy and trading is not a slightest part of that content even in theory

Imagine removing trading and decreasing all drop rates in 10 times and removing all cheese crafts = how many players would left here? There won't be enough even at the start of the League
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
SilverWF wrote:

Flawless logic!

I really want to drive this point home: the gem system has NOTHING to do with this topic. The only connection you could draw is the inherent value rarer gems have, but that is as their function as a desirable purchase and not different from any other item that is sold on the market.

It's a diversion from the actual topic and, as explained in my prior post: whataboutism.

We're not playing a real world market simulation. Rather, we're an Exiled, cast away from Oriath and washed ashore on a prison island. There is no established society with cushy 9 to 5 jobs or spending holidays at the cabin. This is Wraeclast. Your puny coins have no value. That axe you carry? That shall do. Here, take this bow. Now get to killing.

Trade has been and will always be a point of discussion, much like every other aspect of the game is.

If we make people bringing up other potential trade solutions.. people also argue that if we were to fly a plane to Antarctica we could see a giant ice wall and yonder even we'd fall off the face of Earth; doesn't mean they have a leg to stand on.

I dunno why are you keeping to repeat that

I never said this has anything to do with the topic - opposite, I CLEARLY said it is about YOUR WORDS about KEY features

I clearly point to you at your mistake in definition of the key features and been thinking this is more than enough for any sane person to understand that

Also, stop pretending like midcentury trading system is something awesome, key and cool - it is not, not even by 0.1%

This game has a lot of stuff to improve, I can understand that their team didn't have billions revenue and thousands of coders.

But our task as users is to point on most valuable things, requiring improvement.

And midcentury trading is at top position in this TODO list.
"
SilverWF wrote:

They are leaving because this game has not many content to enjoy and trading is not a slightest part of that content even in theory

Imagine removing trading and decreasing all drop rates in 10 times and removing all cheese crafts = how many players would left here? There won't be enough even at the start of the League

No one is talking about removing trade while decreasing drop rates, it is rather about decreasing trade because lowering drop rates WOULD be alternative. Right now trade is nearly instant while loot rain is insane.

"
SilverWF wrote:
This game has a lot of stuff to improve, I can understand that their team didn't have billions revenue and thousands of coders.

It is not about money, please read Trade Manifesto.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on May 29, 2024, 4:11:03 PM
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
SilverWF wrote:

No one is talking about removing trade while decreasing drop rates, it is rather about decreasing trade because lowering drop rates WOULD be alternative. Right now trade is nearly instant while loot rain is insane.

><

No auto-trading - bigger drop rate is good
If auto-trading - should reduce drop rates

How it's even relevant?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info