What Do You Think GGG's Stance is on These Bugged Items Being Made and Traded?

I would say it's fairly obviously a bug.

What GGG are most likely to do is to delete them and ban the most prolific abusers of said bug.

"
iParadoxG wrote:
If this is unintended, GGG should've brought down the servers, patched it, removed bugged items, and restarted it after a Yellow text global message.

The problem there is that it isn't likely a new bug (none of the patches seem to touch anything related to how it works)
So how far back do the go for the roll back, in the past they try to avoid roll backs because it effects everyone so it's most likely going to be if the problem occurred less than an hour ago.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 3, 2024, 6:31:05 PM
"
Astroknight wrote:
The only acceptable answer is to slam the hammer on the streamers (especially Sushi) and delete the items; I don't even want the economy regurgitating a bricked version back. Completely out of the game imo.
I think rollbacks are really only viable within an hour of things happening.
We're way too far at this point to even bother with a roll back without actively affecting people's gamestates pretty hard.

lol just rollback the servers to march.

All the stuff will be in standard, I say grab some popcorn and watch the market and plan some nice events.
IGN : Reamus
"
Echothesis wrote:
Streamers may show a bug on stream, along with using 3rd party software during 100% playtime, and nothing will happen to them.

Factually untrue, i've seen streamers banned for actual cheats they were using on stream and even stuff that was interpreted as12345one and that includes some of the biggest streamers for PoE.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 3, 2024, 6:23:58 PM
"
Andromansis wrote:
"
Astroknight wrote:
The only acceptable answer is to slam the hammer on the streamers (especially Sushi) and delete the items; I don't even want the economy regurgitating a bricked version back. Completely out of the game imo.
I think rollbacks are really only viable within an hour of things happening.
We're way too far at this point to even bother with a roll back without actively affecting people's gamestates pretty hard.

lol just rollback the servers to march.

All the stuff will be in standard, I say grab some popcorn and watch the market and plan some nice events.

why not to february? atleast i have a birthday then...
so still no word from ggg if this is not allowed? I dont want to be the only one without a nice 6 link item if they decide to patch it but let the items stay..
They are perfectly capable of turning certain items to the updated versions of that item. They will just push a check and revert items. If an item has more sockets than it should have revert the item to max allowed sockets.

Easy fix. Only people that get hurt are those that were dumb enough to buy them.
I think the fact that they are unwilling to put any effort into solving the issues plaguing the game is paralleled in the one dimensional content design process, viz the fact that all t17s are designed with a terrible narrow layout just to protect the boss from the player, when other checkpoints or hurdles could easily be implemented to allow for non linear designs.

they must not play it
Nobody will get banned. Nothing will be deleted. Recipe will be fixed. That's all to it.
There are plenty of broken items in standard and ggg doesn't care.
hard to say if they ban anyone but I would guess they all have a very limited lifespan. Trading them would be the most likely suspects to get banned if that happens, its easy enough to delete the items but easier to just delete the players that tried to profit from it.
GGG has been very lax in punishing cheaters in the past. That's why the same groups/people keep trying to cheat. Nobody is afraid of the consequences because there are none.

GGG needs to be way more aggressive in punishing people who abuse obvious bugs like this. First offenders should get a temporary ban or league ban, and second offenders need to lose their accounts.

You will never lose money by making trade leagues more fair. You lose money when people stop playing because the game becomes trivial and there's nothing to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info