What Do You Think GGG's Stance is on These Bugged Items Being Made and Traded?

For anyone playing catch up now or later on after this is posted.......So out the blue, the past 3 hours or so, trade chat's been full of bugged items, 6L Mjolner,6L Squires, 4L Cospri swords, etc. Basically many things that break the normal rules of 3 socket max for 1 handed weapons and 3 socket max for shields. Now being that we've seen and heard about people being banned for exploiting bugs (ultimatium), the question remains is what is GGG's stance on this?

In game, I've been warning guys NOT to buy any of the items, cause the items will be deleted and they'll be missing / wasting their currency. Wont be any rollbacks on this mess. People are quick to point out other bugged items still in game like the 24k & 25k fire resist chests; which have been around for months but only a few of those around. This new bug seems to be rampant, much more than a few of these items being made already. If this is game legal then cool, let the madness begin but if this is not; then will anyone who makes these be banned and illegal items in anyone's possession be deleted?

Thoughts people?
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Last bumped on May 6, 2024, 6:05:44 PM
Noname players are the ones who get banned. Streamers may show a bug on stream, along with using 3rd party software during 100% playtime, and nothing will happen to them.

This time it will probably be socket DB convert or deletion for bugged items, but no idea about bans. GGG follows their official rules only when it suits them.
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
Thoughts people?

If this is unintended, GGG should've brought down the servers, patched it, removed bugged items, and restarted it after a Yellow text global message.

or at the very least, I believe GGG should have left a notice on the main page of the game that, this is unintentional, and that a patch is coming soon.

not giving answers, letting the players abuse the heck out of it, and patching it a week after is completely reckless and unacceptable.

or if it's intended (I hope it's not), it's absolutely broken, nuts even. imagine 6L bow, 6L quiver, and a 6L body armour with HH or some shiz.

"
Echothesis wrote:
Noname players are the ones who get banned. Streamers may show a bug on stream, along with using 3rd party software during 100% playtime, and nothing will happen to them.

oh yeah, there was a spicy stream today, that's where I got to know about this crazy interaction (exploit, as some might say)

I tried posting a thread to notify GGG, but it got deleted. Said I was promoting 'The Black Morrigan' exploit. Bruh, there's a stream with 4k people in it promoting this, and they get a free ticket!

Got used to it now, classic GGG.
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
Last edited by iParadoxG on May 3, 2024, 3:13:11 PM
imo only way is to delete or fix every piece somehow
d:-D*
"
iParadoxG wrote:
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
Thoughts people?

If this is unintended, GGG should've brought down the servers, patched it, removed bugged items, and restarted it after a Yellow text global message.

or at the very least, I believe GGG should have left a notice on the main page of the game that, this is unintentional, and that a patch is coming soon.

not giving answers, letting the players abuse the heck out of it, and patching it a week after is completely reckless and unacceptable.

or if it's intended (I hope it's not), it's absolutely broken, nuts even. imagine 6L bow, 6L quiver, and a 6L body armour with HH or some shiz.

Well yeah but seeing as it's game breaking I'm very sure it's not intended. This is a true example of something being "broken". With the exception of Charan's swords, PoE doesn't allow 1 handed weapons to have 6L and definitely not shields since they're 3 sockets/ linked max. Wings of Entrophy doesnt exactly count since by definition on the item itself it counts as 2h.

Funny thing is, there's lots of dudes willingly participating in the exploit now and swearing there wont be any bans done or any action taken. These be the same dudes making posts like "my account's been banned idk what happened" acting clueless.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
They dont care. Its not first time it happens. Its not even 10th time it happened.
There is also weekend ahead, and Mark recently admitted they don't have acting personnel at those times. So maybe this cauldron will boil for 2 more days, gotta be fun trading times :)
Exploit Early Exploit Often
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Delete the extra sockets, or if that's impossible delete the items. Nobody is buying the items by accident so if you have to poof them, just poof them.

(The 20k ele resist body armors in standard should be deleted too while we're at it....)
The only acceptable answer is to slam the hammer on the streamers (especially Sushi) and delete the items; I don't even want the economy regurgitating a bricked version back. Completely out of the game imo.
I think rollbacks are really only viable within an hour of things happening.
We're way too far at this point to even bother with a roll back without actively affecting people's gamestates pretty hard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info