Xp penalty for dying

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Quit all they want; GGG wants people to learn.

End of story.

AND the exp is much more severe in POE 2 btw you die = everything respawns

You die in the boss it respawns no zerging.

Good.

This type of answers are the biggest bull***t. Most of the times you never know what killed you. Even the streamers rewind the glameplay and try to figure it out. Very often it comes out of screen.

I havent payed any cent for couple of years now and the main reason is that i dont support game that dosent respect my time. I would be ready for paying monthly subscription if there woudnt be xp penalty but as long it stays i wont pay any cents any more.
"
veixc wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

End of story.

Good.

This type of answers are the biggest bull***t. Most of the times you never know what killed you. Even the streamers rewind the glameplay and try to figure it out. Very often it comes out of screen.

I havent payed any cent for couple of years now and the main reason is that i dont support game that dosent respect my time. I would be ready for paying monthly subscription if there woudnt be xp penalty but as long it stays i wont pay any cents any more.

I'll just pay them for you no need.

They want the game how they want it to be; Not to cater to some of you who refuse to learn.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
veixc wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

End of story.

Good.

"I dont pay a single cent for the game but I ask for things to go the way I demand"
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
So, OK, you have to ask yourself why it is there as a game mechanic at some point.

It's pretty fucking straight forward and logical though, from a game design perspective.

You die, repeatedly and lose all your current levels EXP it hurts

YOU should be getting to the point where you are looking at WHY you are dying.

You should be feeling your way to making your character BETTER

Instead YOU want to make the game dumbfuck proof where no skill and no understanding is required....that isn't going to happen

The EXP penalty is a learning tool, it dose not require that you understand it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Hah, one of my favorite threads. :-)

With the pressure from LE, which already gave us Faustus as a relief for the "trainwreck" style "trading" (euphemistically called "friction", which I consider an insult to us players), I guess at some point there WILL be a change of mind regarding the XP penalty.

One way or another.

Just wait.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
So, OK, you have to ask yourself why it is there as a game mechanic at some point.

It's pretty fucking straight forward and logical though, from a game design perspective.

You die, repeatedly and lose all your current levels EXP it hurts

YOU should be getting to the point where you are looking at WHY you are dying.

You should be feeling your way to making your character BETTER

Instead YOU want to make the game dumbfuck proof where no skill and no understanding is required....that isn't going to happen

The EXP penalty is a learning tool, it dose not require that you understand it.

Again another crap. Try to understand mister good supporter, you CANT learn anything if you dont know what killed you. There is ZERO learning curve. Also the game technical problems causes the deaths pretty often, the game isnt smooth, its laggs, there are lagg spikes since the game came out and are still there. The game engine was already out of date the time when the game came out.
"
navigator4223 wrote:

With the pressure from LE, which already gave us Faustus as a relief for the "trainwreck" style "trading" (euphemistically called "friction", which I consider an insult to us players), I guess at some point there WILL be a change of mind regarding the XP penalty.

One way or another.

Just wait.

If you think people are gonna play the worse game because it has no xp penalty you'll want to look at the 24 hour peak of 5.6k players lol: https://steamcharts.com/app/899770
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
I get they want to add friction, I really do. But at this point, years later, xp penalty is just getting old. It doesn't exactly feel like an accomplishment to get to level 100 nowadays when people can just buy all the 5 ways they need. I wouldn't be so frustrated with it if the visual clutter in poe1 wasn't so bad.

If they never take it away, whatever. It's their game. If they did, I doubt a single person on the planet would miss it.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
navigator4223 wrote:

One way or another.

Just wait.

If you think people are gonna play the worse game because it has no xp penalty you'll want to look at the 24 hour peak of 5.6k players lol: https://steamcharts.com/app/899770

Are we looking at the same charts? Because what I'm seeing is a decent showing from a new game. Peaks over 200k for their launch month and the month after, then a peak of 71k for their first cycle, league, whatever you wanna call it. Their launch peak is actually as large as the Settlers of Kalguur peak for PoE, which is the largest peak PoE has ever seen according to Steam Charts. Their 1.1 launch saw 71k peak and nearly 17k average, which is numbers PoE didn't see until 2016? 2017? Three to four years after release. The first time PoE hits 17k average for a month is March 2016. The month that they introduced Ascendancy as a mechanic. PoE doesn't hit a 71k peak for a while. Legacy league and SSF launching in March 2017 hit 65k, and the next big peak was 98k in August 2017, which added... Acts 5 through 10.

Sure, LE has harder falloff during non-release months, but they also don't have checks notes a literal decade of old content to run during off-season. I think they're doing just fine.
"
veixc wrote:
Again another crap. Try to understand mister good supporter, you CANT learn anything if you dont know what killed you.

Maybe but SOME people love standing in fire and don't understand that fire is bad...the same sort of people that would come crying like you are atm.

GGG could provide you with a wealth of information (and generally do in a lot of cases) only for YOU to draw the wrong conclusion and get all but hurt over something irrelevant.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Aug 17, 2024, 7:31:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info