Xp penalty for dying

"
sownice wrote:
I think that the loss of XP has a psychological background to strategically make consumers "addicted", which works particularly well with children in my opinion. They want to recover their loss and that is only possible if they play. ggg is using more and more of these "hypnosis" methods, now increasingly on a visual level.
So nothing will change, I mean look at the maps, it's just a New Year's Eve party.

this is so true, best example is rampage fireworks. it's just fun to hear and look at but ultimately the penalty is one of the reasons I just stop playing.
at a certain point that ' psychological effect ' becomes inverted and it's working against their logic
"
nyllexd wrote:
"
sownice wrote:
I think that the loss of XP has a psychological background to strategically make consumers "addicted", which works particularly well with children in my opinion. They want to recover their loss and that is only possible if they play. ggg is using more and more of these "hypnosis" methods, now increasingly on a visual level.
So nothing will change, I mean look at the maps, it's just a New Year's Eve party.

this is so true, best example is rampage fireworks. it's just fun to hear and look at but ultimately the penalty is one of the reasons I just stop playing.
at a certain point that ' psychological effect ' becomes inverted and it's working against their logic

For some of us this happens very fast.

The moment I realized that this was a time sink trap was the moment I started to resent this game.

Yes, I know, that this is not a nice thing to say and the developers below management level really did a great job, but some aspects of the business model are very unfriendly to the players.

Other long term motivation models would be possible, but the 80s style "make the game worse than it could be so players need to invest more time" is, of course, cheaper.

Imagine the game staying as inventive and wonderful as it is during the campaign, but in endgame.

(Btw, the loss of elemental resist at the end of acts 5 and 10 are examples for abysmally bad design as well, for similar reasons.)
"

Yes, there are such and such people, some of whom are not impressed by it, others come back after a while and at least understand what is actually happening. It is a process of subjugating the consumer and it is now very popular to manipulate his mind, to sell him a downgrade, a deterioration as an improvement. If it wasn't so sad I would cry.
"
sownice wrote:
"

Yes, there are such and such people, some of whom are not impressed by it, others come back after a while and at least understand what is actually happening. It is a process of subjugating the consumer and it is now very popular to manipulate his mind, to sell him a downgrade, a deterioration as an improvement. If it wasn't so sad I would cry.

The saddest aspect about this is when people really drink the Kool Aid and believe that those anti-consumer practices are a "challenge" or "exciting".

Makes me shudder. Reminds me of something that happened a few years ago all over the world. Ahem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info