Xp penalty for dying

Can we get rid of this please, whats the point?

When leveling it doesn't matter if you die because you get your lost xp back in minutes.

When you start mapping it forces you to check your gear, OK good thing, but I argue that just constantly dying and losing portals without losing xp would do the same.

When you die in the high 90 levels, it just hurts your soul, not all of us are streamers playing this game entire days, I would argue the most of us are playing this game before or after work and when you die you just lost all your progress for that day.

It's demoralizing realizing you just lost a hour of playing. An hour of investing in maps and scarabs and whatnots.

And if it would be a skill thing, I would have no problem with dying, but a lot of times it's something you have little influence over or something stupid like rolling maps checking the mods but not seeing the reflect mod, or being surrounded by mobs and your hits are not registering.

Would any of us play less if they got rid of the xp penalty or would we play more.
Last bumped on May 4, 2024, 5:11:57 AM
Nope and it's still in POE 2.

Learn from your mistakes.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Won't happen :)
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 1, 2024, 1:56:58 PM
"
lcecold wrote:

It's demoralizing realizing you just lost a hour of playing. An hour of investing in maps and scarabs and whatnots.

yes, bad game design won't change until they are desperate for new players who buy more mtx (which might be soon, doesn't mean the xp penalty will go - theres just gonna be pay2win in poe2 for it, thanks to tencent and everyone from ggg jumping ship)

"
lcecold wrote:

rolling maps checking the mods but not seeing the reflect mod.

just use another third party tool to check map mods, or a website to copypaste a string to your stash to check or a sketchy discord to buy regex maps en masse.

another prime example of bad game design relying on third party tools.
playing this game without third party tools i.e. for alt-crafting is just torture.

or just buy 5ways (also from an external discord server because can't trust people in ingame chats that does not have a rep system)
In my opinion the xp penatly should be removed and replaced with something else. Like maybe some mechanic lets you reclaim xp or something.

It's a rather obnoxious holdover from beta that shouldn't exist anymore with how the games balanced.

We already have limited portals/invites.

Losing xp doesn't make the game harder, just easier to say, nah and stop playing.

Players rarely know what killed them, no damage log (which would be trivial to add but this isn't a thread for that).

Losing xp or a character matters for ladder races. After the first 30hours it didn't matter for that anymore since party players kill ubers in that time frame usually.

If ggg wants to keep it just move it to ruthless and let players earn their passive points to actually improve their build. I don't know why casual players must have like 10-15 less passive points. It actually is a pretty big handicap. That is like a whole ass cluster jewel. In that sense their builds are much more hardcore than the news with lvl100 /s.

I don't know why ggg pushes 5 way leveling so much with the current system. Feels weird.
fuckups need to be punished somehow.

they could increase the penalty though if you die in a party where you should have safer gameplay.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I want the XP penalty to be increased by 1% every time someone creates a new thread about removing it
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Death penalty isn't going anywhere. Just be glad this isn't the old days when you lost levels when you died or had to start the game over like you just installed it.
Honestly, I have three reasons why I gave up on this game.

1. The combination of arbitrary, ultra low threshold, chat bans, which also lead to being unable to participate in trade

2. The XP penalty

3. The intentionally bad QoL trade

Game could appeal to much broader audience, but investing my hard earned money into MTX just to get trade banned for using a wrong combination of numbers or wasting away hours of my precious lifetime because of XP loss is not what I'm after.
"
navigator4223 wrote:
Honestly, I have three reasons why I gave up on this game.

1. The combination of arbitrary, ultra low threshold, chat bans, which also lead to being unable to participate in trade

2. The XP penalty

3. The intentionally bad QoL trade

Game could appeal to much broader audience, but investing my hard earned money into MTX just to get trade banned for using a wrong combination of numbers or wasting away hours of my precious lifetime because of XP loss is not what I'm after.

1) Why did you get muted in the first place? Multiple offenses; Next!

2) Learn from your mistakes

3) Intentional - Devs want friction.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info