"
"
Scarletsword wrote:
I'll list some that are on par with the lower end of T17s:

- 80% deli+beyond
- Expedition of Archaeology
- Twist of Fate
- Ultimatum of Catalysing+Inscription

They are all optional. Uber boss damage penalty is not optional. T17 scaling is not optional.

Comparing the self-imposed challenge of extra content to a dilluted mod pool with basically only negative outcomes all around is just silly, really.

T17s are optional
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
T17s are optional

I knew that strawman argument would come next. Here's my answer to that:

Optional content does not equal optional penalties. You can scale Delirium, it doesn't disable your build. You can't scale "your build works, now it doesn't".
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
"
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
T17s are optional

I knew that strawman argument would come next. Here's my answer to that:

Optional content does not equal optional penalties. You can scale Delirium, it doesn't disable your build. You can't scale "your build works, now it doesn't".

It's not a strawman but a logical extension of your own words

I can also click a remnant that makes mobs fire immune, but I don't have to click it. It's optional. Same as running a map that removes my number of traps thrown or number of totems summoned. Different from the remnant I can reroll the map if I need to until I find one that I am more or less fine with.

Your argument just doesn't work like that
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
It's not a strawman but a logical extension of your own words

It is a strawman because that same logic applies to everything.

"You don't have to play maps, it's optional."
"You don't have to run T14+ maps for certain content. It's optional."
"You don't have to use your currency. It's optional."
"You don't have to click 'launch game', just uninstall again. It's optional."

See the problem when you apply a strawman argument like that?

There's a big difference in statistical outcomes and impact of a very small pool of mods from which you can freely choose between 3 of them, versus a very large pool of mods that you have to reroll every time it hits 1 of the many you can't run. I guess the Divine to Chaos crash was pure coincidence?

There's a big difference in selective difficulty when choosing to apply another orb for more damage reduction, versus an inherent damage reduction that applies at all times. There may be builds that actually could do Ubers if it weren't for the damage reduction.

For the record, I've always found the Deli mechanic shit, solely for its scaling damage reduction.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
"
"
Scarletsword wrote:
I'll list some that are on par with the lower end of T17s:

- 80% deli+beyond
- Expedition of Archaeology
- Twist of Fate
- Ultimatum of Catalysing+Inscription

They are all optional. Uber boss damage penalty is not optional. T17 scaling is not optional.

Comparing the self-imposed challenge of extra content to a dilluted mod pool with basically only negative outcomes all around is just silly, really.

This is a strawman. You can choose ether doing pinnacle boss or uber pinnacle boss as much as you can choose doing delirious maps or t16 or t17. They are optional.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on May 27, 2024, 10:54:13 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
This is a strawman. You can choose ether doing pinnacle boss or uber pinnacle boss as much as you can choose doing delirious maps or t16 or t17. They are optional.

Yeah, but you can still run Deli but not crank it up all the way to the point where your build doesn't work anymore. I already explained that bit.

And some content is locked behind Ubers, which they initially said to not be the case. And they did another 180 on that, too, and cranked it up a notch. Now, to get to the optional optional content, you have to do optional content to get a chance to do the optional optional content. Which no longer makes it so optional, does it.

The Ubers aren't a mechanical brick of your build, they impose a huge penalty. The list of builds not being able to do Ubers is much smaller than the list of builds being bricked by T17 mods.

Adding Ubers didn't have a huge economical impact. Adding T17s didn't, either. Adding a massively convoluted pool of mods with 100% build bricking mods to said T17s did, though.

If it weren't such a big fucking deal because "optional", then why did it leave such a massive economical footprint - a direct result from people rerolling maps over and over to get mods they can actually run?

You do realize that the Divine to Chaos crash is of much greater significance than the mere raw value of the currency?
"
"
Nomancs wrote:

Yeah, but you can still run Deli but not crank it up all the way to the point where your build doesn't work anymore. I already explained that bit.

And some content is locked behind Ubers, which they initially said to not be the case. And they did another 180 on that, too, and cranked it up a notch. Now, to get to the optional optional content, you have to do optional content to get a chance to do the optional optional content. Which no longer makes it so optional, does it.

The Ubers aren't a mechanical brick of your build, they impose a huge penalty. The list of builds not being able to do Ubers is much smaller than the list of builds being bricked by T17 mods.

Adding Ubers didn't have a huge economical impact. Adding T17s didn't, either. Adding a massively convoluted pool of mods with 100% build bricking mods to said T17s did, though.

If it weren't such a big fucking deal because "optional", then why did it leave such a massive economical footprint - a direct result from people rerolling maps over and over to get mods they can actually run?

You do realize that the Divine to Chaos crash is of much greater significance than the mere raw value of the currency?

Again, strawman. You can make deli maps that your build will not be able to do, as with anything in this game.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
I actually dont know how many T17 maps i simply wasted before i knew they just brick my build.
Same with T17 maps before i got a good enough build to run them. I was done with 6 portals in 20 seconds. Dead and dead and dead and dead...

Now i have a character that is able to run them and i can run them pretty easily sometime but still sometimes one single mob with soul eater, hasted an precision aura makes me fail my map. Or for example yesterday i had a map with almost 300% more life, 40% chaos res and i could clear the map but the boss was unkillable.

Its kinda cool to get to the point to almost clear any map i choose to run. But still there are many maps i cant or wont run. For example "do no damage for 4 seconds if you kill a rare". thats simply stupid.

It like it was before, do a starterbuild, do easier and lower content and get enough currency to get another build to do T16 8mod maps and update your character further more for the new endgame (T17).

Still, T17 Bosses were way harder or even impossible to kill than some uber bosses i killed. I can do 90% feared with almost anything on and still brick T17 maps.
Last edited by flipmode949 on May 27, 2024, 11:16:47 AM
"

The game makes it very obvious that you should use these mechanics, that you should increase the difficulty for more rewards before T17s. They clearly want you to use altars, corrupted maps and scarabs at the very least by making them very accessible and even part of the atlas progression.

Isn't it fair to assume that before you move onwards to T17s you have interacted with a decent amount of these mechanics, making the gap between T16s and T17s way smaller?
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"

The game makes it very obvious that you should use these mechanics, that you should increase the difficulty for more rewards before T17s. They clearly want you to use altars, corrupted maps and scarabs at the very least by making them very accessible and even part of the atlas progression.

Isn't it fair to assume that before you move onwards to T17s you have interacted with a decent amount of these mechanics, making the gap between T16s and T17s way smaller?

Better yet, you will not even have access to T17 maps for a good while as T16 maps that drop have a .4% chance per watchstone to turn into a T17. If they dropped like candy I'd be willing to meet half-way but a casual player won't see them for a good long while unless they dive head first into the unknown

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info