Path of Exile: Necropolis Teasers

hey, i don't know if i'm being silly, but -1 socket doesn't seem horrific tbh. this just seems like how it should of been the whole time

feel free to tell me why im wrong, i just really don't understand all the outrage :P
Last edited by toastino on Mar 19, 2024, 7:44:25 PM
"
toastino wrote:
hey, i don't know if i'm being silly, but -1 socket doesn't seem horrific tbh. this just seems like how it should of been the whole time

feel free to tell me why im wrong, i just really don't understand all the outrage :P

because there are plenty of builds that dont *have* a spare socket.

and there are skills - notably necro bone armor - which CANNOT BE LINKED to these supports at all.

and on top of that, the supports come with increased mana costs AND increased cooldowns.

its a huge nerf.
"
ebrl wrote:
Any change that encourages running content instead of selling content is healthy.

99% agree.

While I do think it's possible to it too far, this is nowhere near that.

Love both the Uber Elder frag swap and the invitation change.

The one tiny downside as far as I'm concerned is that you can no longer corrupt an invitation unless you're 100% sure you can run it. Before you could corrupt and then just buy another one if it bricked for your build.

Last edited by QQPQ on Mar 19, 2024, 7:50:36 PM
"
toastino wrote:

The new supports don't work with non-gem skills like bone armour, it requires two gem sockets for miners to make use of it because they can't use the non-gem version of detonate mines that comes automatically with an equipped mine skill, it increases the mana cost and cooldown time of the supported skills, and removes any control over the triggering and so removes the ability to do things like stand still while tossing mines and then move to trigger them.

EDIT: And one more thing that's bad about the new supports is that they're colored gems, putting some builds at greater disadvantage when coloring their gear, for supports which ostensibly are meant to be used by all or nearly all builds.

Many builds are also already socket starved as it is, and the alternative to the new supports is manual casting, which is what we were doing on LMB; now with LMB lost to us it means we effectively have one fewer usable skill slot on the skill bar, and many builds are already starved for skill slots on the skill bar as it is. Manually casting these skills that need continuous reactivation, via some other key or mouse button, also means more difficulty for those with physical disabilities and more potential for everyone to suffer repetitive strain injuries.

This is bad for our health, bad for our builds, and bad for the game.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
Last edited by AxiomOfAnarchy on Mar 19, 2024, 8:05:44 PM
So looking over POE Ninja the assign to LMB will effect what, 4% of builds? I also think it is very smart that GGG announced this while the big streamers are all pre-occupied :) I think most the sweat lords that did use this function will get over it. For me as a casual it was actually kind of annoying as for some of the instant cast when it procs it would stop your movement briefly. In fact it almost got me killed a few times. Hopefully that will change with the support gems.
did they actually give a reason as to why they done this change? just to make the gamepad people happy ? thats it?
All this whining and crying about nerfs without knowing the whole scope is simply put a waste of your time. Everyone survived 3.15 (updated from 3.16 -- upps) and I guess the same will happen here too. Wait until the live stream before thinning your precious hair, all of this is not the end of the world, perhaps we will get socket-able charms we can keep in our inventory with this league ? I mean it's not like they would give us an extra backpack or something like that right .... oh wait.... Big picture.
Last edited by teejay_hh on Mar 19, 2024, 11:45:17 PM
LMB change = room temprature IQ move.
Invitation change - 50/50 (loosing some income, but no need to buy them if needed), but can You make all the map device "crafts" that way, that we dont need to drag "crafting currency" halfway across the screen?
GGG - we added this cool QoL feature where you can call an ambulance if you get injuried.
Also, to make up for this change we removed your phones, from now on you will need a smoke signal.
Sad to see my extra invitation money making strat go but oh well... rip another way to make a bit of money I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info